• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Got Any Plans For Starting Out In TotK?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Part of the fun of BotW was letting your feet carry you to wherever looked interesting, and I'm sure TotK will end up the same way, but at least some of us must have some idea of where they wanna go first, right? Especially since this is a familiar world with new twists, there's a lot I wanna see to investigate how they changed and what carried over from BotW.

The first place I wanna go is Hateno, to see if Link's house is still there and also to buy some clothes. Then I wanna work my way over to Akkala to see the Citadel and Tarrey Town. I have a feeling my path is gonna end up mirroring my initial BotW playthrough, though I'm sure some sky islands and underground caves will be effective detours.

Also, one of the first things I wanna do after the Great Sky Island is use one of those anti-gravity Zonai platforms to test the height limit via ultrahanding a hot air balloon to it. When I've reached the limit I'll skydive from there all the way down to the surface and see how long it takes me. I also wanna take one of those platforms out to the edges of Hyrule and see how far I can go. In BotW you were stopped by impassable wind that had to be glitched around, but new mechanics will make that moot. I wanna see what's up this time. (in spoilers cuz it refers to content revealed in the gameplay previews)

How bout you guys? Any thoughts?

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I'm excited about new ingredient potential, so I'm probably going to check out the places I have memorized from Master Mode in BotW to see if they mirror my map marks or if new stuff is around some specific areas I frequent. I spent all day yesterday just showing my partner where some good ingredient stuff was, or horse spawns, & I was pretty surprised to see how much I just have memorized without map marks on his file. I think I will have a similar time in TotK, assuming locations are not vastly changed around places like the stables.

After that probably straight to Death Mountain (assuming I can even get near it & fireproof stuff is even available at that, or if I will need to wait) for quick ore & to check in on my Goron buddies if I can, as I haven't seen much on them. I went straight to the desert on my first blind playthrough of BotW at launch, so I want head to the opposite directions this time.

Besides those areas, I kinda want to avoid the major race's towns until the game actually tries to drive me to them, as immediately checking out each major area in BotW originally made me feel like the game was way too short once I had seen those big "wow" areas, I guess. Zora's domain in particular was stunning for me, but I wish I had "saved" it, ahaha. I don't expect Death Mountain to change too much besides getting more enemies (probably) so I think it's pretty safe for me to check it out, if I can. I'm hoping those areas have been expanded upon in some way, so I want to make them more of a treat if that makes any sense.

And after aaall that. I will be horse hunting. For 200 years. I MUST know what weird extra horses are tucked away this time, if any. New giant horse? Etc. I know the new runes or whatever are going to instantly make horses useless, but I still want a horsey friend for mundane travel so I don't feel so lonely. In Master Mode I forced myself to use & protect a horse far more than I did in my first playthroughs of BotW, & it's made me enjoy the landscape a lot more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom