• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Goron Vs. Zora

Goron or Zora?

• Goron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zora

• Unsure

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
These are two of the best races in Zelda. A strong race of rock-people with the courage to battle evil. A regal race of fish-people that capture the imagination. (Now for Zora's I'm not counting the enemies or the Rito) The Zoras and Gorons are amazing, but which one is better?

Kirino

Tatakae
I prefer Zora. They're much more graceful and generally cool looking. As for who would win in a fight, probably Zora. Gorons seem to rely too much on brute strength, and I feel like it'd be easy for a Zora to outsmart and outmaneuver one.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, it depends on what Gorons we're talking about. They've never had the same personalities in any title. In Ocarina of Time, they were fat, lazy bums who ate rocks all day. In Majora's Mask... hm, they weren't much different. In The Wind Waker, they were humble merchants. In Twilight Princess, they were hot-headed bruisers. And in Skyward Sword, they were enthusiastic archaeologists (especially Gorko).

The Gorons of Twilight Princess definitely rival the Zoras for me, although that's probably a biased answer due how cool the Zoras' design is. In terms of personality, TP and SS's Gorons definitely beat out the Zoras, especially in personality. For every other game, it's gotta be the Zoras.

So... 3 to 2, huh? Guess it's Zoras.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The Goron are a noble race that has the courage to battle evil. I love how they desire to help out and assist the Hylians. They have a distinct culture that values strength and honor. I wish Nintendo would put more of this culture in future games. They are just so cool. Truly they are culturally superior, but who would survive a war?

The Zora are too fragile to beat the brute force of a Goron warrior. The Zora would be unable to defeat the rock men. Even if the Zora got the home advantage underwater, the Gorons can breath underwater. I somehowdoubt electric abilities would affect rocks. The Zora would be limited to trying to swim and make quick attacks on the Gorons. The Gorons would gradually smash the Zoras when they got close like Kong smashing airplanes that lack machine-guns. The Gorons would not be beaten.

The Gorons are the better race.

No race is as timeless as the Goron. They're the most frequently appearing race in the franchise bar Hylian and a cornerstone of the series. I couldn't imagine a Zelda game without the Goron. The Goron are also easily the most versatile race-able to attack with brute force and roll away upon sighting danger.

It's no secret that I love the Goron and could spout about them all day but what fascinates me most is the races technological development. The Goron go from nomadic archaeologists to a village society, to an advanced mining town. By Twilight Princess, the Goron are arguably more developed than their Hylian counterparts producing the raw material that fuels Hyrule's infrastructure.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Gorons, man. The Twilight Princess sorts are so intense, but Gorko in Skyward Sword is what sets it for me. Favourite NPC in a Zelda game.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
ihateghirahim said:
The Zora are too fragile to beat the brute force of a Goron warrior. The Zora would be unable to defeat the rock men. Even if the Zora got the home advantage underwater, the Gorons can breath underwater. I somehowdoubt electric abilities would affect rocks. The Zora would be limited to trying to swim and make quick attacks on the Gorons. The Gorons would gradually smash the Zoras when they got close like Kong smashing airplanes that lack machine-guns. The Gorons would not be beaten.

The Gorons are the better race.

Hmm I thought this thread was about which if the race was better...

Anywho I think determining who will win in battle is quite pointless, since we haven't actually witnessed neither in full combat before. However on which tribe is the best? It's definitely a tough choice and I did love the design of the Zora's in Twilight Princess but overall I would have to go with the Gorons. I mean these guys have appeared in around 10-11 games if I'm right and I think this just shows that even after each appearance they still had something new and tresh to the series.

My favourite version of the Gorons would have to be either the ones in TWW or TP. I chose the Wind Waker because it really showed that the Goron race can act independent and survive even though you would consider water to be one of their weaknesses. I like the ones in Twilight Princess because they act like a noble strong race as is their description, in this game we have to earn their trust and I loved the design of Darbus.

I think the Gorons win over the Zora's simply because they are more diverse and in a way more important to the plot, the Zora's have had to adapt multiple times it seems in order to survive when we know that Gorons have survived over pretty much the whole Zelda Timelind. I also think the Gorons show a lot more personality than the Zora's, as most Zora's we encounter apart from MM seem quite bland.

Demise_

Gwoh hoh hoh!
I think that the zoras look better. Gorons are kinda bland - big yellow rock men.

About personality: gorons are much more developed. If only because they are present in more games. As JuicieJ pointed out, they vary greatly from game to game; so while in some games they are less developed or play a smaller role than the Zoras, overall this adds variety to the race.

As for combat, Gorons would definitely win. I mean, they're just rock men; even if Zoras can use their fins to attack like in MM, I doubt they can slice rock. Plus, gorons either don't need to breath, or they can breath underwater, while a Zora would be fried in a volcanic crater.

Overall, the gorons win. (However, I accidentally clicked on "Unsure". -_-)

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I love the zoras in terms of appearance and their culture. Gorons although also neat but they just have the brutish quality to them that just not wired it just makes me like them a little less. In terms of who will win in a fight it comes down to range. Gorons while Powerful have such a short range for a punch while zoras have a longer range.

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
Logically, I feel I should choose the Gorons. They have had more variety throughout the games, they are a more developed race (in terms of characterization), they are certainly more powerful and industrious, demonstrating both resilience and innovation throughout the timeline. On the other hand, I love the areas that come about in the games that involve Zora, and they have demonstrated remarkable adaptability (evolving from fish to birds in approximately 1,000 years is nothing less than amazing). I also think the Zora tend to have a much more aesthetically pleasing appearance. So...objectively I would say Gorons are probably the better race, but I love the Zora and this whole thread is about opinions so I have to go with the fish people and all of their many water-based delights.

I like both races, but i feel like the Zoras :zora:were a little more awesome. I've always loved anything having to do with the water so i think that might have had something to do with it. In Majora's Mask the Zora mask was my favorite transformation mask because of the way it resembled adult Link and the easy controls. I did also like the Goron :goron:mask, but i found it hard to control sometimes. If you base which one is better it on rock hard power, the Gorons would win, but if you base it on speed and agility, the Zoras would. They're both really good races in there own way and because they are so different. That's why it's so hard to say which one is "better" than the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom