• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goron Reproduction

well all we know is zoras lay eggs and turn into music note tadpoles then grow up. Thanks majoras mask for clarifying that mystery but gorons will probably always be a mystery.

I don't know about female Gorons, but think about the Gerudos. Only 1 male born every century. Do all those women just.... ? in the meantime? idk. I mean they're human they can't all be sisters? Unless for Ganondorf to be born there was some major incest going on. Hm. In which case, that might explain a lot about Ganondorf.
A Sheikah Stone in front of the Temple of Time says:
Sheikah Stone said:
They say that Gerudo sometimes come to Hyrule Castle Town to look for boyfriends.
This means that Gerudo aren't... that way. They're just Hylians hailing from a desert environment.

Well, if Gorons do reproduce asexually, let's just be glad that there are no cameras in Hyrule.

In all seriousness, I do believe that they reproduce asexually, but I think Nintendo is better off not going into detail about the matter, and letting their fan-base theorize on their own.

Last edited:

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Goron women are so alike in voice and appearance that they are often mistaken for Goron men, which has given rise to the belief that there are no Goron women, and Gorons simply spring up out of holes in the ground... which is of course ridiculous.

It's the beards

I do actually think that this is a good reason, though.

Where is this stated?

The Lord of the Rings (but with dwarves).

So, what class of creature does everyone think gorons are? Mammals or egg layers or what? I've concluded that zoras are monotremes(egg laying mammals).
I think that Zora would be a form of amphibian instead, mammals don't breathe underwater, dolphins, whales, walruses, etc. surface for air at some point, however you could leave Zora Link in Majora's Mask underwater forever if you felt like it, so I think it Zora would be some mutated amphibian that can breathe on land, and underwater. Also, I believe that there could be female gorons, however doubt that goron babies are born like a human baby is. Throughout Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask there are several giant gorons, all of which seem to be similar age to the majority of its normal sized kin. In Majora's Mask, we see both a baby goron who is smaller than the average size, and an elderly goron who is average size. So where do the giant sized gorons come from? I think that all gorons are born through a ritual process, and then the stone that all the gorons are dancing around eventually comes alive and becomes their brother. These are just my thoughts

There are female Gorons, we just never see them because they're always making rock sandwiches in the Goron kitchens, which Link doesn't have access to.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I don't think all Gorons are males. Who's to say that Goron women don't look and sound just like Goron men?.

And as to how they reproduce, you see......

When a mommy goron and a daddy goron love each other veeery much, they call the goron stork because they want a baby. Then the stork flies in with a big bag full of something. But then the mommy and daddy goron get jealous of the stork because it can fly and they can't cuz theyr rocks. So they throw rocks at the stork untill they hit it and kill it, and then they open the bag to find rocks. so they build their goron baby (SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED, SMALL PARTS NOT SAVE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 3) and then hit it with the dead stork and it comes to life...

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom