• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goron Reproduction

Hi there everybody, I was wondering for quite some time about this topic. I wrote an article related to this awhile back asking the question about this topic. Enough talking, let's get to this theory. I came up with the thought that since Gorons ate rocks, slept rocks, and breathed rocks, they also made their own children. I would assume that the do that because there are NO female Gorons,AT ALL! I also think they bring them to life by praying and going through a ritual of some sort, in the Fire Temple, or maybe the Great Fairy on top of Death Mountain. Anyways, if anyone has any thoughts on this, there's the comments sectioon below if you have any disagreement, tell me below. I'm mastersword427, and I'm out.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There are surely female Gorons, they just look like the males. I say this, and here is a quote from the game Guild Wars Eye of the North: "How are you sure you haven't seen a female dwarf?". I'm sure they reproduce just like humans do. It's just kind of, less obvious I guess.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
There are surely female Gorons, they just look like the males. I say this, and here is a quote from the game Guild Wars Eye of the North: "How are you sure you haven't seen a female dwarf?". I'm sure they reproduce just like humans do. It's just kind of, less obvious I guess.
This...

So, what class of creature does everyone think gorons are? Mammals or egg layers or what? I've concluded that zoras are monotremes(egg laying mammals).

triforce_power

One of the Sheikah
I had the same question a little while ago
actually, my cousin asked me that while I was playing TP. I had stated that all Gorons were male, and she immediatly asked "Then how do they reproduce?" xD It was funny....but also made me think...

maybe they have some sort of ritual like you said, but then again...how would they know when to have the ritual?
Is it when they come across a certain kind of rock or something? I don't know...
Nintendo should really explain this to us xD

Night Owl

~Momentai
I Know that they reproduce. I do not know how.
There have been sightings of goron children in various zelda games.
I assume there are female gorons, but it could also be that goron children are literally "chips off the old block".

I think it would be interesting if they reproduced Asexual. But I don't think that is the case tough. I think its just that Nintendo hasn't bothered to put female Gorons in yet or that the female Gorons look like the male Gorons.

All of the Gorons that you talk to in any game identify as male. The ones who never specify their sex look like the other gorons. If there were female gorons why would they not show any though? There is no real evidence that proves it either way, but because of the fact that they have not shown or specified any female gorons I would probably assume that there are none.

I find it interesting that it is possible that all Gorons are males... :/

Anyway... I agree with others in saying that Gorons likely reproduce asexually. Even though there's nothing in-game to suggest such an assumption, there is currently nothing that suggests otherwise either. I surmise that - being rock-like beings - the Goron might also reproduce by budding in a similar manner to marine animals, such as the sponge. It's a radical thought, yes, but it seems to be the most logical answer at the moment based on what we're given. Perhaps a future title may give us more to build off of in regards to reproduction of the many races in the series in general. Meh... probably not. <. <

I'd just like to point out that in asexually reproducing species, genders do not exist. Therefore, if Gorons reproduce asexually, it would be impossible for them to be male.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom