• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Goron Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have a lot of difficulties beating the Goron Race so I can collect the Gold Dust. Any tips would be appreciated.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Yeah it can be very frustrating. So many times I'd be near the end and get hit and slowed down, then lose :( Just be real smooth with the steering and don't be too deliberate on the turns, that way you're going "straight" along the track's path and don't slow up any.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
The main thing to worry about here is corners. They will really slow you down if you happen to hit a wall/narrowly avoid one then stop.

Try to start turning as soon as you see a corner/obstacle.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
This is a little difficult but when you are in the countdown go back a little and get out just in time, you will get spiked sooner and you will leave the gorons for a good while behind you.

Yeah, I got those :P

I'm trying to 100% MM and the race is currently the most frustrating thing right now.

I feel sorry for you when you get to much harder things. That race was easy as pie compared to other stuff you'll have to do try to get 100%. That honey and darley game as I remember was a pain in the arse. I don't think I ever did beat it. I gave up before I beat it.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I found the race to be very easy. All you have to do is stay next the the edges so you don't have to make such sharp turns, and keep an eye on the magic meter.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I too found the race easy, but then again I haven't played for a while. Anyways, cornering, avoid other gorons at all costs, and hit every or most green pot. That's all I can think of. Good luck on the rest of the challenge! *laughs evilly*

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Yeah, that race was REALLY tough for me. Sad thing is, the first time I beat it I played the Song of Time not knowing I would loose the Gold Dust, so then I needed to replay the mini-game al over again. Ghot, and the race. It wasn't fun.

(I doubt you're still stuck, but just in case someone else has trouble...)

At the end of the race, it helps to get a little aggressive with the other Gorons. When they hit you, it slows you down, but if you hit them, it will slow them down. Earlier in the race there are too many obstacles and such to worry about doing this, but when you get close to the end, it will seriously help if you knock the others around a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom