• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goron Mines Enjoyable?

Link Master

The Hero's Master
The Goron Mines are fun not really my favorite but good. I think I liked this because it is a strange dungeon and if you do not pay attention to the room with all the Bemos then you may not beat it for a long time. I liked that you had to use your map to get to every room. The collecting the boss key was strange like in dungeon five it was strange with three pieces and once you get the last shard you go into the next room and you are very near the dungeon boss. One last reason is you get my favorite item the bow and arrow.:bow:

The dungeon itself was one of my favorites but the boss was pitiful. The magnetic fields and metal walls/ceiling was a unique touch to the dungeon as well. Even if it was rather annoying with all of the horrible clanking noises of the Iron Boots. The Hero's Bow is also my favorite piece of Zelda equipment!

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I always thought this was a fun dungeon as well! I always liked getting to the next Elder, because that really marked your progress in the dungeon so you knew you were getting closer to the boss! And the iron boots were put to good use in this dungeon too. Although it took forever to get to your destination while wearing them, but Im not complaining. It was a fun dungeon :)

I was surprised that Nintendo Power named the Goron Mines the best dungeon in Zelda history. Sure, it was one of the best in TP, but does it really deserve that title? Because I don't think so. Like I said in my other post, it was full of new ideas and scenery that really made it stand out compared to other dungeons in the series, but I think there are others that introduced better ideas and therefor made them more enjoyable. And I think that creativity alone can't propel it to the title it was given. I feel that it kind of missed on things such as difficulty (as is with most 3D dungeons...) and overall size when compared to the City in the Sky or Stone Tower from MM. It was good, but could have been better.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Walking. On. Ceilings.

'Nuff said. I adored this dungeon, despite not being able to find one of the elders first time around xD
I wouldn't say it's the best ever dungeon, but it's definitly one of my faves.
The Lava. The magnets. The bow. Awesome.

It kind of reminds me of Freeze Flame galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy- in many areas there's a contrast between flaming lava and cool metallic ceiling... or even normal water pools- I loved that area outside, exploding barrels + bublins = epic.

Struggling to describe it because my reasons are all the same as what's been said : D But to cut out the long treks, I always used the swap-iron-boots-for-another-item-in-mid-air glitch to run across the ceiling like normal. The utter disregard of physics always adds to the charm of a place xDD

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I enjoyed the Goron Mines very much. The Hero's Bow being my favorite item in the game, there was lots of stuff to do with the Hero's Bow, which I loved. I also liked the magnet panels in the dungeon. I think it was a cool new feature to the Zelda franchise by having the ability to walk on the walls and on the ceiling with the Iron boots.

Fyrus and Dangoro were very entertaining, and kept me playing, wanting to beat the game. I liked the use of the Iron Boots for Dangoro. In the boss battle with Fyrus I liked watching him fall down, so I could stab him in his eye(or whatever it is) with my sword. I think Fyrus had a good use of the Bow and Arrow.

I also liked the idea of splitting the boss key into 3 parts. I liked that the other Goron Elders were in a safe secure room and they gave you the shard.

In the Zelda series, the fire temples have usually been my favorite.

It was a different touch on the games, and I really enjoyed it to be honest. It's not the best dunegon ever but it's probably the best "first three" dunegon I've played. The way you use iron boots and the whole confusion with Dangoro and the human aggression was quite good, it conveyed the story that was still on-going behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom