• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goron Mines Enjoyable?

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
Yes, the goron mines were a lot more different from your average fire dungeons.

I didn't like the hanging-from-the-ceiling idea, tough. It made me dizzy.:S

I did like the idea of collecting the three parts of the Big key. It was something new that I didn't expect.

All the dungeon was very entertaining. I always found fire dungeons boring, but this is the exception.:)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I really liked the Goron Mines, and, at first, I didn't even realize that I was in a dungeon.
It's one of the most funny dungeons in the game, and the use it makes of the iron boots is just awesome

I had an okay time with the Goron Mines. It had some neat puzzles, and being able to actually destroy the Beamos was relieving. Besides the fact that the mini-boss and boss fights were both pretty entertaining.

However, there was one part that really annoyed me. You know the part where you're in a sort of outdoor section of the mine, and you get sniped by a bunch of Bulbins, and where you have to run by a Beamos statue to reach a small chest with a key in it? Well, I did that all right, but I had only ever found rupees in those small chests, and I already had a full wallet. So I didn't open it, and couldn't find the small key I needed to get further. I was stuck for about a half an hour before I finally opened the chest.

A

Anthony

I personally loved the Goron Mines, it was one of the easiest and least frustrating dungeons in Twilight Princess.
Unlike other Dungeonss, it posed no challenge to me, and I passed through it with minimal effort.
Even though it was a weak dungeon, it was quite fun to play through.

My favourite parts included;

Walking on walls with the Iron Boots
Sumo Wrestling Gorons
and fighting Fyrus, and the Mini boss before him.

Definitely one of my favourite dungeons in Twilight Princess, if not, the entire Zelda Series.

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
What I thought was really cool, was the magnetisim... it was always fun to have someone watch you when you put on your iron boots and stand still and they are like.. LOOK OUT MOBLINS.. and just before the moblins get to you, you get pulled up... I know.. my reasons are lame.

D

Deuora

For some reason, the Goron Mine's was boring to me. I hated walking 2x as slow as usual (I'm very unpaient), so often I used a Glitch to walk at normal speed. The Mini-Boss was loads of fun, I died only once(Got too close to the edge and didn't have the Iron Boots on) The boss was extremly easy, but I guess he was ok for the 2ed boss. Anyway, Goron Mines is one of those neutral levels for me.

I liked Goron mines, it created a good puzzle to solve. I like having to find three parts of the key, it would be too easy to have the key handed to you on a sliver plate. I somewhat like, and hated(at the same time) the magnetic movers. But overall I enjoyed that level.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I enjoyed the Goron Mines and I believe it was an excellent idea that they put the Goron Elders in it, made it more "soft", in a nice way.

If I remember things correctly you also obtained the Hero´s Bow in the place and since that´s one of my favorite weapons I must love such a "dungeon".

Neo

The One
All the dungeon was very entertaining. I always found fire dungeons boring, but this is the exception.:)

Le gasp!

I LOVE the Fire Temple in OoT! You call that boring?

Back on topic, I found them to be fun. They introduced some new elements and puzzles that became awesome, such as the magnetic portions.

Shnappy

derp
I enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed every other dungeon in the game. I will agree with everyone on the difficulty level of this dungeon. Wasn't hard at all. Especially the boss, he was a piece of cake. And the magnetic movers, or whatever, were very unique. It was cool how you had to walk upside down in all of those puzzles, and I thought it was pretty unique compared to some of the other stuff for a change.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
I found this dungeon very entertaining. The use of the Iron Boots and various puzzles made it a blast! I also enjoy the Goron fight to obtain the Hero's Bow! I would personally give this dungeon a 5/5 :D

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I found goron mines different but interesting! I didn't like the walking on the ceiling part but the atmosphere of the whole dungeon was interesting! :) Not the best dungeon of the game, but not the worst either! 3.5/5

It was a pretty good dungeons, but I felt it was actually one of the weaker dungeons in the game.

The time spent walking on the magnetic surfaces was annoying, although the concept was great. I also felt the boss was the most pathetic of the entire game.

And although I love the bow, the way it was used in this dungeon somehow didn't appeal to me that much.
I agree with this except for your comment on the bow. The bow is definitely one of my all time favorite weapons in Zelda. Putting that aside, I think you are right when you say that the dungeon is weak. As far as the magnetic surfaces are concerned, it was a great idea but the clanking got really annoying really quickly. The boss in this dungeon is definitely the easiest as well. I wouldn't say it is my favorite dungeon, but I do kind of enjoy the fact that it is a very casual one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom