• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goron-based Timeline

okay, this might seem kinda crazy :cooky: but i've created a time line in witch minish cap is not first. my main clue was goron :goron: population. you see in the 3-D games (not to mention OoX) on the child timeline there are lots of gorons. then, in MC it is said that the goron population has gone down. in the first 4 games there are no gorons, so they come last.
my goron timeline:

MM - TP - OoX - MC - aLttP/LA - LoZ/AoL
/
OoT :goron:
\
WW\PH - ST

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
You're missing FS and FSA. Also, one race of creatures wouldn't effect an entire timeline. there are many other things in the games that could counteract your timeline.

Gorons may not have been created until OoT came out so it's not like the creators purposely left them out.

Pinecove

Last Chance
You're missing FS and FSA. Also, one race of creatures wouldn't effect an entire timeline. there are many other things in the games that could counteract your timeline.

Gorons may not have been created until OoT came out so it's not like the creators purposely left them out.

Definately. However, the race could (and should) be used as evidance. It just isn't something to base an entire theory around.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Is that all Goron-based?

Do you have any other reasons for having your timeline like this?

well for the places that goron pop. was the same i used ingame clues (like the simularites between FSA's and aLttP's maps) and looked at commonly exepted timelines.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
the point of this is not to have a new timeline that is correct but to compare the populations because due to the events in games the populations of certain characters are going to decrease and increase in certain games showing how a real timeline may fit together.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
the point of this is not to have a new timeline that is correct but to compare the populations because due to the events in games the populations of certain characters are going to decrease and increase in certain games showing how a real timeline may fit together.
Yeah, and you know I noticed, this timeline also fits up with the Zoras, you know how in TP, OOT, and MM they are white and man-like, but in later games in this timeline, they are River Zoras and are evil.... hmm... interesting...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Here is a good example of why the abundance (or lack there of) of the different races shouldn't be a big deal. There have been multiple races in the Zelda series. Some only exist in a very small number of the games. The Oocca, for instance, are ONLY in TP, yet it is stated in TP that the Oocca helped build Hyrule (I think that's what it was) and are a very advanced race, yet we don't see them in OoT (or MC if MC goes before OoT), so why are they not in OoT if they were around in TP? If you were basing your timeline on Race involvement then you would put TP at the beginning because the Oocca don't appear in any other game.

You also have a weird distribution of the Deku people. In OoT, MM and WW there are Deku, but there are also Deku in MC which you have after OoX (which doesn't feature any Deku).

If you're going to look at one race, you have to look at the rest of them and by doing that you will see that the timeline does not match up based solely on races.

EDIT: The Oocca didn't help build Hyrule, the myth behind them is that they are the closest thing to Gods and that they may have been the ones to actually create the Hylians.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
well the ooca could be up in the sky protecting their home and the sky people's temple in MC could be the ruins of their temple meaning they died out after TP.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
well the ooca could be up in the sky protecting their home and the sky people's temple in MC could be the ruins of their temple meaning they died out after TP.

The sky temple in MC aren't ruins at all. It's a complete temple and I'm pretty sure the sky people in MC have lived there way before OoT. I place MC first on the timeline so I believe MC and the BS of MC happens before OoT. Even if MC wasn't on the timeline, I believe that the BS happens long before OoT. The BS doesn't talk about a previous Link but rather a different hero. And in the BS it is said the piccori came from the sky. The sky people know of the piccori so one can conclude that if the sky people have known of the piccori, and the piccori came from the sky, then the sky people have been around as long as the piccori, meaning they were around before OoT and TP. Plus, we see where the Oocca live later in the game and it is NOTHING like the sky people. The sky people literally live ON clouds. The Oocca live up there with technology (propeller lifted temple). They are not at all connected.

You also have a weird distribution of the Deku people. In OoT, MM and WW there are Deku, but there are also Deku in MC which you have after OoX (which doesn't feature any Deku).

there were deku in OoX. there is even a deku forest in ages. so that fact dosn't contradict my timeline. also (correct me if I'm wrong) i didn't know there were deku in wind waker

Last edited:
V

Viral

EDIT: The Oocca didn't help build Hyrule, the myth behind them is that they are the closest thing to Gods and that they may have been the ones to actually create the Hylians.

Actually, the Japanese text of Twilight Princess suggests that they helped create/shape Hyrule the land, not the people.

Rusl:
ハイリア人の祖先によって造られたその神殿には、今もなお古代の優れた文明が遺されているらし い
In that temple created by the ancestors of the Hylia people, the excelling culture of ancient times seems to be left even now.
The ancestors of the Hylians created the temple... Signs of their civilization--ancient, but very sophisticated--are everywhere.

I think the Oocca were most likely responsible for creating Hylian culture. Thanks to quotes from Rusl, we know it was extremely likely that the Oocca built the Temple of Time (or just the dungeon area). Inspection of the Temple of Time and the City in the Sky also back this theory.

I wrote an article on the Oocca if you would like to see more ideas based on them: The Oocca: Engineers of Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom