• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gorman: An underrated and interesting character

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Majora’s Mask has a lot of good npcs, like Kafei and Anju, Darmani, Romani and Cremia, etc. But one that isn’t talked about as much is Gorman.

Gorman is the leader of Gorman Troupe, along with the Rosa sisters, the twins, and Guru-Guru. Wanting to perform in the concert on the day of the carnival along with the Indigo-Go’s, Madame Aroma cancels it due to Lulu losing her voice, upsetting Gorman

Later you can find him in the milk bar, saying, “I'm just the despised second son! I can't handle horses like my older brother! I can't take care of horses like my younger brother!” “I left the ranch, came to know the world of show business... Traveled around... But for what? ...For nothing!!! Oh, I just had to enter the world of entertainment, didn't I? It's cold...Soooo cold..." This is pretty interesting, because he wanted to do something with his life since he wasn’t good at the ranch, and wanted to enter the show business so he could hear the song he heard before once again, but since the show got canceled, it deeply upset him, making him feel like what he achieved was all for naught.

But then you play the song and he feels better. The song he knew and loved, that was played by Lulu’s mother, came back to him

He then gives you his mask, which resembles a face of him crying. This possibly implies he cries and mourns in his sorrows a lot, and giving you the mask is like that he feels relief. If you use it on the Gorman Bros when they’re trying to destroy the milk when getting to Clock Town with Cremia, they move back a bit, knowing who that mask resembles.

I think Gorman ties well into the themes of MM, dealing with grief, and having the minds and soul set free with Link, and is a pretty interesting character

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Hes a misery guts cuz he can't find the tune he wanted then when you play it hes crying in happiness...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom