• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goombas in Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Where do you find that Kirby-like enemy?

im not 100% sure but i know its one of the last dungeons. it looks almost exactly like kirby and you only find it in one part of the dungeon and it like sucks you toward it (like kirby sucks in food).

M

Muten

Am I the only one who finds it odd that in Legend Of Zelda Links Awakining
they have goombas? As far as we know Link has never heard or seen a goomba in his life. I can only guss three possable theorys.

1- ( The oddest) even though link thinks he is dreaming he is really near the mushroom kingdom?

2- (The most unlikely) even though link has never seen or heard of a goomba he somehow dreams of one.

3- (The most likely) What we think is a goomba is just a walking mushroom

I would also like to point out that there is a youshi doll and those giant flytrap plants... (sorry i forgot what they are called) any ideas my friends?

Well, since Shigeru Miyamoto created both Zelda AND Mario...its common to see cameos.

H

HalfBlindGamer

Many of the enemies in this game is from Mario land 2.
It has same goombas and spike things from the beach.
And the sidescrolling part looks lot like mario land 2.
There is many other things that looks the same.
most are in DX version.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Well, not 100% sure about this, but i think i remeber hearing that Kaholint was made of Link's memories and the memories of the Wind Fish. Perhaps the Wind Fish can travel to alternate dimensions, and has been to the mushroom kingdom before? just theorizing :cool:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
they have goombas? As far as we know Link has never heard or seen a goomba in his life. I can only guss three possable theorys.

1- ( The oddest) even though link thinks he is dreaming he is really near the mushroom kingdom?

2- (The most unlikely) even though link has never seen or heard of a goomba he somehow dreams of one.

I would also like to point out that there is a youshi doll and those giant flytrap plants... (sorry i forgot what they are called) any ideas my friends?

The flytrap plants are called pirhanna plants and actually it isn't the only time there have been mario enemies in zelda. for instance in four swords and the gba version of alttp there are chain chomps. in mc there are lakitus, bob-ombs and fire bars. i think maybe in la link was on a mushroom kingdom island and he simply didn't think it was real because of the yoshis, pirhanna plants, and goombas. or maybe it was one of nintendos many mario easter eggs. for instance in alttp there were pictures of mario in houses in kakariko and in oot there were pictures of mario, luigi, princess peach, yoshi, and bowser in the garden of hyrule castle where you meet zelda. (also if you shoot the mario picture with your slingshot you get 20 rupees) not to mention fyers bullet bill tattoo in tp (he runs the cannon).

Let me correct you.

1. The most likely - It is a Mario cameo/reference left in by Nintendo. Chomp -chomp and several others make appearances as well. Link also appears in both Donkey Kong Country and Shrek...(and Shrek appeared in beta TP oO)

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I'd like to bring up the fact that the actual island and everything on it was designed by the Windfish in its sleep.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Let me correct you.

1. The most likely - It is a Mario cameo/reference left in by Nintendo. Chomp -chomp and several others make appearances as well. Link also appears in both Donkey Kong Country and Shrek...(and Shrek appeared in beta TP oO)

I've seen those pictures and I and everyone else agreed that not only was it not Shrek in TP, but it is also not Link in Shrek.

With regards to the goombas, it is just Nintendo being gimiky. There are almost as many Mario enemies in LA, as there are Zelda enemies. Look at the LA enemy guide on ZD to see just how many different types there were. It's not only enemies either, there is the Yoshi doll and the Chain Chomp ETC ETC.

Midna's Sister

I'm the TwilightPrincess!
I have found a couple other refrances, from TP to OoT:
•Darknuts and Iron Knuckles are almost the exact same; you fight them the same way, they act the same, and also, their attacking animation is almost identical to Iron Knuckle's attacking.(TP)
•Just look at the Temple of Time(TP) entrance! It is uncanny how much it looks like it did in OoT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom