• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Google Instant: Useful or Useless?

Claire

The Geekette
I don't think it is very useful, even though I'm sure that was the intention. It sort of reminds me of YouTube's "new" feature, where they load all the videos a user has on the bar beside the video you're watching. In this case, it loads all the websites related to what you've typed. What's the problem? As it is trying to load all those sites for each character you type, it can create some lag. It's just a minor annoyance and is unnecessary. I think the preexisting feature does an okay job, a drop-down menu of suggested searches based on what you had already typed. It's like Google Instant, except that it doesn't start loading any and all sites related to the first few characters you've put in the search bar and thus slow you down.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
I don't like it at all. In fact, when I first saw it I immediately turned it off. But I have an iGoogle thing for my home page, so I don't normally use Google's default page anymore anyway unless I have to find an image of something. I understand why it was created, but I find it to be more of a nuisance than something that helps me.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The only good thing I found about Google Instant was the fact it could be disabled, which I promptly did.

Danlo

Daniel
I think it's useless. it doesn't change much if you just type in your word than just screen flashing other things. Useless

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom