• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Good/Bad news for SW fans wanting a SW RPG

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
http://geeknation.com/ea-visceral-to-produce-open-world-rpg-star-wars-game/
http://www.gamepur.com/news/21498-viscerals-star-wars-game-going-be-open-world-rpg-job-listing.html

If you wanted another RPG set in the Star Wars universe, you're in luck. EA and Visceral are taking the helm of this one.

As far as Visceral goes, I trust them for the most part. Their track record hasn't been bad at all, but they are an EA studio so you can expect DLC passes, gameplay for the masses (aka gameplay that is dumbed-down or easy to pick up) type of RPG, and just in general putting fingers in all kinds of pies and controlling developers.

Jade Raymond of Assassin's Creed fame is set to lead this one, and Uncharted writer Amy Hennig is on this as well. Honestly, I don't know what to expect. On one hand, you have talent, and the other you have a corporation like EA that can **** **** up (SW: TOR, Sim City, Dragon Age 2) just as easily as make something awesome (Dead Space, Mass Effect 2, Crysis).

So, this news just got out, and it'll be a more than a year before this game is released, but what do you hope for in a Star Wars RPG? Do you want a story set in the current universe? Prequel story? Direct tie-in? etc.

Djinn

and Tonic
Ehhh...having attempted to play Old Republic online I thought the game was awful. And designed to bleed you dry with almost everything in game. Everything takes money unless you want to be the most basic human trooper/smuggler with the most boring gear and no access to half the available locations.

I'm actually thinking someone else could not really do a whole lot worse. Although Disney is really into the whole rebels time period so I would expect everything to take place in the ESB area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom