• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GoldenEye Packaged With Golden Classic Controller

Source: GameInformer

1881.GoldMain.jpg

Opting for a golden controller instead of a golden gun, Nintendo and Activision have announced a special gilded Classic Controller Pro will be bundled with GoldenEye 007. The bundle will top out at $69.99, with the standalone game retailing for $49.99.

How do you intend to play 007? Have you adapted to the Wii remote setup, or will you be giving the dual-analog sticks a go?
Unless you happen to like a ugly *** gold color or just simply collect things of this nature, it's nothing special. There is really no deal behind this bundle at all. You pay $20 for the gold controller just like the rest. The thing reminds me of the original Xbox controller. At least it looks like it's comparable in size. If I were to get GoldenEye for the Wii, I would definitely prefer the controller with the analog sticks, but I would buy a black one or something.

The Golden Classic controller is not likely to be anywhere near as big as the original Xbox controller, which was overly huge, considering the current Classic controller for the Wii is rather small in comparison to past controllers for all consoles (with the exception of the Playstations controllers, which are probably of similar size).

The only reason I would ever buy this controller if due to the fact that it is the closet Nintendo are ever going to get to releasing a Nintendo 64 controller (which is my favourite controller overall) for the Wii, as they opted to remake the Classic controller and the Gamecube instead, and probably don't see the need to remake the Nintendo 64 controller. I've also become accustomed to the Nintendo 64 controller while playing Goldeneye to, so I don't think that any other controller would suffice for playing the game as well.

I think that they should have went with releasing it in Black and White to, not that tacky golden colour which just looks horrible. I hate it when things are coloured gold in an attempt to make it look cool.

I am rather disappointed by the fact that Nintendo didn't release a Nintendo 64 controller to go along with this game; although it would need a better analog stick as the original controllers (I haven't experienced this problem in the 13 or so years I have this console) were said to have some bad faults.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I would have bought the bundle if it was cheaper than buying the game and a Classic Controller Pro separately; if it's the same price, I probably won't bother. The colour is pretty tacky, but meh -- I spend more time looking at the screen anyways.

The Golden Classic controller is not likely to be anywhere near as big as the original Xbox controller, which was overly huge, considering the current Classic controller for the Wii is rather small in comparison to past controllers for all consoles (with the exception of the Playstations controllers, which are probably of similar size).
It's the same size as the standard Classic Controller Pro, which you can get bundled with Monster Hunter Tri or buy separately.
12491.jpg

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I thought that this was really amazing. Now I won't be getting this bundle as I don't need another controller, but I like that they did this. And I also don't see what's wrong with the gold. Sure, it's not as sleek as the black, but I think it looks pretty cool regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom