• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Golden wii remote

I was thinking earlier about the golden wii remote that nintendo will be releasing for the legend of zelda's 25 birthday. no official word has come in regards to this so i had a thought about how nintendo might release it.
last year with the release of epic mickey disney release with it a paintbrush nunchuck.it was sold separately. and was very limited and only one store sold them. the paintbrush was really cool actually. i got one as a Christmas present. every time i play epic mickey i use the paintbrush. it gives a new lever of immersion. it really feels like you're in the game.
the reason i bring this up is nintendo might do a similar release of the golden wii remote. at first i thought nintendo might make it a pre-order bonus but more i thought about it the more logical it would be to release the golden remote as a separate item alongside skyward sword but be sold as a separate item. and the only store that sold the paintbrush was best buy. i think this will happen because last year best buy made a big deal about several popular games and that trend is continuing with the special treat many games are getting there. or it made be sold at all retailers that sell games. so what do you think ? do you think the gold wii remote will be a separate item? or will it be a pre-order bonus?

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
If there's a gold Wii Remote coming out I will definatley get it. I don't think it would be a pre-order bonus though if one does come out it would be a limited edition.

i know it will be a limited edition. that doesn't mean they can't sell it as an extra item. the epic mickey paintbrush was a limited edition item as well

oh sorry i mis-read you're post.

yes i'm pretty sure that's what it is suppose to look like. i think the picture they showed at e3 was a real picture of a real golden wii remote

Lupine

Sacred Beast
If I get the chance, the golden Wii mote is definitely going on my shopping list. I think that it will be a separate item, since it may attract some new fans or people that haven't been following SS around when they see it on shelves.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
It will probably be bundled, and Nintendo have said they don't plan for a golden nunchuk.

I sure hope it's a pre-order bonus, but I would not mind if it was Limited Edition. If it is not, I won't be EXTREMELY disappointed, because it's just a different-colored controller. Besides, I have a cousin who can deck out just about any video game controller, or just about anything in general! :cool:

I have 4 Wii Remotes with motion plus already, but this is cool. And I'm pretty sure they said they were releasing it with the game? SO a bundle.

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
Wow. I am torn between three different theories.

THEORY #1: The Golden Wiimote will be released as a pre-order bundle with Skyward Sword.

THEORY #2: The Golden Wiimote will be sold separately from Skyward Sword. (like the Paintbrush Nunchuk for Epic Mickey)

THEORY #3: The Golden Wiimote will be sold as a bundle with Skyward Sword.

Here is a quote on the Golden Wiimote from Nintendo's Press Conference at E3 2011:
So, in honor of this [Skyward Sword], We're gonna create a special, gold Wii remote that will also be avaliable as a promotion when we lanch the game. So you can look forward to that as well. ~Bill Trinen translating for Mr. Miyamoto

According to this quote, it looks like the Wiimote will most likely be avaliable as a bundle that is sold in stores. Why do I think that? Well, they say that the Wiimote is avaliable as a "promotion" when they lauch the game. To me, it sounds like Nintendo will be using the same technique that they used when releasing WiiPlay. WiiPlay was sold with an extra Wiimote for those who wanted it, but the game was also sold without the extra Wiimote for those who didn't need it. I think that Nintendo will be selling Skyward Sword without the Golden Wiimote and they will also sell Skyward Sword with the Wiimote, using the same technique that they used for WiiPlay.

My only problem with this theory is, what will people who already pre-ordered Skyward Sword do? I know that some of us have pre-ordered SS last year. I am wondering if we will still be able to get the Golden Wiimote?

There is one thing that I know for sure, I will be getting that Golden Wiimote somehow~ ;)

yes i thought of a bundle too that's what i thought in the first place. but i don't know i still think it will either be a pre-order bonus or a separate item only because that's what others have done when it comes to special promotions.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I think a bundle is almost the only way to go with this in a way. The game needs Wii Motion Plus to play it, there's no other way. So, the bundle will aid in that regard as people without Wii Motion Plus will need a Wiimote with it to play the game.

Secondly, to release it separately seems foolish. If people are fans of Zelda and want it, dollars to donuts they will be buying Skyward Sword. They're not just going to be buying it to play Wii Sports Resort. So, again, the bundle will serve well here. I can't see them releasing it alone, as it just seems redundant. Yes, maybe you might want another one to play Wii Sports with 2-player, but that seems... odd. You probably have a Wii Motion Plus then already if that's the case.

So, in the end I think there will be only the two packages - a bundle with the remote and the game, and then just the game for those who have Wii Motion Plus already, and don't care for buying another Wiimote with it included.

it wasn't foolish when disney and other companies have sold exclusive merchandise separately. actually several companies have released separate merchandise that only goes with one game. they do it to get extra hype and to make extra money. mario has separate merchandise that is sold. so do other games. look at all the stuff that nintendo sold for wiifit and wii sports resort. nintendo has done it the past so it's not foolish to think that they will again. although i do hope it's a bundle i always have. why? because i have already pre-ordered my copy and it's easier then having to go to multiple stores because gamestop rarely sells separate merchandise. they didn't when it came to the limited edition paintbrush nunchuck for epic mickey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom