• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Golden Skulltulas

I have been wondering why people find it hard finding all 100 GS tokens. Sure when you see 100 it can be intimidating but when i played i found 50 by just doing temples and completing the games. So by the time you get to getting everything if you can be bothered which i have got everything you just got 50 to go and they are all in pretty obvious places and you can hear them.Its not that hard once you get started.

Kybyrian

It really isn't that hard to find them, but the problem is that there are a lot of people who don't like to search around places for them, because everybody will want to look in every little nook and cranny, to be absolutely positive that they didn't miss anything, and they don't like to think of it that way. There are also some people who don't know how to get to one and don't think enough or study the surroundings to get to it. Some people even miss the ones in extremely obvious places(right by you in dungeons, on the main path to a place, etc.). The problem is that most people aren't patient enough, and some don't want to concentrate on finding these things the entire game, which is what they feel like they have to do the whole time, and I don't blame them, if you miss one right along your path because you're too involved in the game it may be the last place you look, because you wouldn't think to look where you have already been and explored thoroughly.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
There are a few that are located in really strange/random areas that you wouldn't even think of looking.
Mainly some of the hidden holes in Hyrule field, and that one in Zora's Fountain with a hidden path way that takes you above the water.
Plus, in the dungeons, some are only obtainable by using the Scarecrow song, and because that's an optional song, many people don't even bother learning it.

I didn't think it was that hard, either, but I can see where it would be a bit frustrating for someone who doesn't have the patience to do a 100% completion. I had to resort to a guide every now and then just to double check. But you're right, after the first fifty it's smooth sailing from there.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
The most obnoxiously hidden one for me is the one at the tree at Hyrule castle. It'd be one thing if you bombed the tree (which I'm used to.) But you have to play a song that you don't even learn until after you've picked up the master sword, and you never return to the castle after that. The rumble pak could tell you that it's there...but you haven't collected twenty skulltulas by that point, either. The one that Shan mentioned at Zora's fountain is a close runner-up since I believe you need the golden gauntlets to find it, which you don't even get until Ganon's castle.

Once you get used to looking for them a lot become more obvious, but it is really easy to overlook /forget about those out of the way ones. And on the flip side, if you accidentally skip an easy one, when you're checking at the end of the game, you might think, "I'm sure I got that one" and skip over it yet again. (Happen to me? Never... *whistles innocently*)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I thought it was actually fun collecting them. I didn't even noticed I already had 75 but then I went inside the Skulltula house and saw all these guys jumping around. Then I realized I had freed them by collecting so many Skulltula's. I haven't found all 100 yet. I have 97 but catching all of them is not my main goal. They are easily to find. And in case you wonder.... in the Deku Tree you need bombs to blow up a wall and get one of them. So my advice for people who won't like to do it all over is to get back as soon as you got the bombs and get it. Just make sure you check every dungeon again. And also make notice of heavy rocks and trees. There are a lot of hidden "treasures" in it.

OotLord1003

Young Link
You know the infinate skulltulla glitch?
but anyways, yeah I found the first 68 in just ramdom...Hey Look a spider! KILL IT!
Then the rest were hard to find, the number one I found hard is when you have to go back to the Deku Tree, and bomb that one wall.
But I think the reward for finding them all was useless, comon'! are you serious! infinite rupees! not worth it.
It would have been cool if it was a new item. But I'm geting ahead of myself. So yeah, they are easy at first, but the last 30 a tough to find.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I thought it was quite difficult. I didn't do it with a guide so that might be why. I collected a fair amount though. Some were just located in the most unlikely, random spots that no one would ever think of.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
You know the infinate skulltulla glitch?

But I think the reward for finding them all was useless, comon'! are you serious! infinite rupees! not worth it.
It would have been cool if it was a new item. But I'm geting ahead of myself. So yeah, they are easy at first, but the last 30 a tough to find.

Yeah I think that's a big factor in people not wanting to get all 100 .. there's no incentive other than getting a 100% completion and to say that you got them all. I think a good reward would've been to get, for example, the "Spiritual Stone of Light" (of course why would the Skultulla family and not Rauru have that, but that's for another topic) which dispels the 6 barriers in Ganon's Castle as soon as you enter that room, allowing you to bypass the 6 barrier rooms and go directly to the Tower. Of course make all 100 accessible without needing the golden gauntlet.

Granted it would still take more time to get all 100 than it would to do the 6 rooms, but at least there's an incentive other than rupees, which you have an unlimited supply of right outside the castle on the drawbridge anyway.

Beeker

Wild Card
There were only a few that I found hard, but once I really started looking for them, I saw i had like, 60 Skulltulas. I think I was a little intimidated when I learned you had to get 100, but it isn't too bad. I guess I'll agree with Shan and February, the really odd hidden Skullies and the Scarecrow ones are either the hardest to find, or the ones people are too lazy to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom