• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Gold Monsters - are a thing in the game

They are a thing.
Remember how Nintendo said the toughest monster in hard mode will be 1 level up from silver monsters? Well at the end of the DLC E3 trailer there was a gold lynel. So this confirms it.

rfamEfg.jpg

Wxyhvii.jpg

The golden Lynel looks so cool. I'm looking forward to seeing the gold versions of the other enemies.

@the8thark which ones are you most excited to see?
I would say Hinox but there is no Silver Hinox in the game so probably Moblins.

Ad far as I know there is only 3 silver enemies in the game now. Bokoblin, Moblin, Lynel. I don't think there is any more. But nowhere has Nintendo stated that the others won't get a tougher version so we might see them too.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I would say Hinox but there is no Silver Hinox in the game so probably Moblins.

Ad far as I know there is only 3 silver enemies in the game now. Bokoblin, Moblin, Lynel. I don't think there is any more. But nowhere has Nintendo stated that the others won't get a tougher version so we might see them too.

There are also silver Lizalfos. ^^

Yeah the hp is a concern of mine. The percent increase of hp for silver monsters, is the lowest with lynels. I'd like to see new weapon grades for the gold monsters (or at least boosted bonuses), but that's unlikely. However, I've seen people fight white-maned lynels that are still using mighty lynel equipment, so idk. Maybe there are weapons but they don't show right away?

Hoping master mode also adds more monsters overall to the overworld. Like, the rafts are monsters that aren't previously existing, though I'd prefer it to be random instead of like those stupid tanks in Spirit Tracks that just always show up in the same spots. Judging by the dlc pack 1 artwork of the gold lynel, and the background, we're either getting a lynel in the lost woods, or we are getting lynels in the sword trial. I'd be down for either.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Hoping master mode also adds more monsters overall to the overworld.

Yeah I was tbh a little dissapointed with the monster selection. While they are amazing and awesome and precious, I wanna see like-like's and dodongoes and skulltullas and Bubbles in HD

I'm actually looking at this situation a bit differently... if they're adding gold enemies in the first update, then what are they going to add in the second?
By the time the second DLC is released we'll surely have gotten the hang of the gold enemies long before then, so they'll need something to give us a bit more of a challenge.
I'm hoping for 'guardian' versions of enemies... Sheikah-built machines using the same technology as guardians, but with their designs based on regular enemies (either as experimental prototypes, or for combat training)... imagine a Hinox that can shoot a guardian laser from it's eye, for example.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
A guardian type enemy wouldn't make sense though. enemies hadn't been made until after calamity Ganon had taken over. I doubt he had the time (or will) to dissasemble his most dangerous minions and somehow weave that tech into his weaker monsters. Just looking at this from a story writers pov, it wouldn't make a lot of sense. But from a non-canon dlc designers pov, it could be plausible, I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
A guardian type enemy wouldn't make sense though. enemies hadn't been made until after calamity Ganon had taken over. I doubt he had the time (or will) to dissasemble his most dangerous minions and somehow weave that tech into his weaker monsters. Just looking at this from a story writers pov, it wouldn't make a lot of sense. But from a non-canon dlc designers pov, it could be plausible, I suppose we will have to wait and see.
????? What are you talking about? Monsters have always existed pre-Calamity. The memories show this, but there's literally no reason to think they didn't exist before then anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom