• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gold Cartridge for LoZ

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
While roaming ebay for old games for my recently found NES I ran across the original LoZ w/ a gold cart. Even though I'm going to buy it no matter what I want to know:

How rare it actually is.

Is it rare enough to buy it because it is rare or should I just get it for the game and the novelty of the gold cartridge?

And how did people get the gold cartridges?

While roaming ebay for old games for my recently found NES I ran across the original LoZ w/ a gold cart. Even though I'm going to buy it no matter what I want to know:

How rare it actually is.

Is it rare enough to buy it because it is rare or should I just get it for the game and the novelty of the gold cartridge?

And how did people get the gold cartridges?

I'm not sure how rare it is. But I do know that, near the end of the NES life span, they started making the gray cartridge.

The thing I'd watch out for, would be the battery life. LoZ used an internal battery in order to save your game. So if you buy one off of eBay, it might be dead. You would of been better off buying a Wii, and downloading it on the Virtual Console.

But about the rarity of it, I'm not sure. I figured I should give you that warning, though.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
It's not horribly rare, but it's not exactly common, either.

I'd get it just for the game and the novelty of the gold cartridge. If the battery is dead, you can replace it. If I had an NES, I would have gotten it.

I just got the Classic NES Series version for my GBA instead of looking, though.

The Castellan

Going bump in the night.
I have a gold one that I got in 1990, and guess what? Battery STILL works!
Wish my Dragon Warrior one still did, but that one died a few years ago. :P

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The gold cartridge of LoZ isn't even close to being rare. In a matter of irony, the grey cartridge is the one that is rare since they put out such little numbers of it. If something is wrong with the cartridge, it is most likely the battery is dead, but don't worry. With a bit of ingenuity anything is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom