• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Going out

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Do you ever feel really awkward going out places such as to the movies or to a museum, or what have you, alone?
For me i literally cannot stand to go out on my own when i could drag a friend along to share in it, to the point i put of stuff that's interesting to me until schedules match.

How's about y'all?

Ninja

Well well well
I don’t mind enjoying a meal or a movie alone. Along with the gym it’s a great way to have “me” time. My wife is the same way, however we love going on dates as well.

Im happier on my own when i go out to do things. If im going shopping i just want to get what i need and not have to follow someone else around until they're done.

I like going to the cinema alone too because people tend to lean over and whisper stuff and it takes me out of the moment and i can barely hear them anyone so most of the time i have no idea what they've said.

The only difference is eating i restaurants. I feel pretty awkward if i'm sitting at a table designed for two or four people and i'm the only obe there.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't go to the cinema alone or to museums alone. I prefer shopping alone so I can focus on what I want to get and I also don't mind eating in restaurants alone or going to a cafe alone.

Well, it depends. Sometimes I like to go to movies alone, especially if the movie is such of kind you need to focus on it or if it’s very important movie that I’ve been looking forward to see. My friends don’t always understand why I want to watch the end credits and enjoy the soundtrack while they are ready to leave with their jackets already on and giving me funny looks. Comedies and more casual movies I always want to watch in company.
I never go to restaurants alone. Not that I would feel akward but to me going to eat outside some fancy place is always a social event. Eating is secondary priority.
When I go to gym, running, yoga or other activities I usually want to go alone as then I don’t get distracted what I’m doing.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
For the most part I don't mind going out alone at all. I used to care that other people might see me as a loner but I stopped caring what other people think in that regard after I left high school.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I don't really mind going alone or with company. If I want to see a movie badly and nobody wanna go, I'll go anyways. I hardly go to restaurants so that's no biggie for me. When it comes to shopping I don't mind either. If I wanna buy something or just check things out, I'll go anyway.

I know lots of people find it awkward to go to a restaurant, movie etc.alone.
But I don't. Even went to a concert on my own. I do what I want to do, and if that's with others that's fine, if not that's also fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom