• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Going Back to Skyloft? Where Will Link Appear?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
We all know that Link travels back and forth between Hyrule and Skyloft but where does he appear in each case? while thinking about this I had a few good ideas. in MM everytime you play the Song of Time Link is warped back to the center of the overworld map and must then journey outwards to progress the main quest. That made for a neat little system. So i thought maybe Link's village is located in the middle of Skyloft? Maybe castle town is located in the center of Hyrule? if even one of these guesses is right than after appearing in say.. Skyloft you would aready be in town, just like Clock Town and there could be new things to do here before you exit the village and then maybe go open up a new area of Skyloft? same goes for Hyrule. What do you think? where might Link appear??

David

But you called me here...
Well, since Skyloft is a chain of islands, I imagine that Link will appear on some platform-ish thingy on one of the islands. I imagine that it will be something like a warping system that takes Link between the two. Like Midna's portals, or the Song of Soaring, where they take you to a set location each time you warp. But the idea that Link always warps back to his village is also a good idea. I liked how Majora's Mask always took you to the clock tower in clock town each time you played the Song of Time. There could be many possibilities with where Link ends up. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Ganondork

goo
Perhaps his little house, that is the most frequent place, or they may do it like in TP and keep him in the general area that he was in at the moment

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I would expect him to warp either for Temples, or from the edge of each place. I have a good idea concerning this: we know that Skyloft and Hyrule (or the land below) were once one piece, and got separated somehow. What if this separation happened in a Temple, so there is one half of the Temple in Skyloft, and the other half in Hyrule? Then, maybe this could be a link between the two worlds, and the method of transportation.

HoM has a really cool concept about the Platform-ish dock things on each island. Maybe the citizens get around the islands by floating ships or something? Sort of like Wind Waker only minus the water. This would mean as Link travels to and from Hyrule and Skyloft he could reach any island he wanted. I don't think the mechanic for flying between these places is going to be totally free roam though, like sailing was in WW. Maybe the Skyward Sword will tell you where to go and you can only have so much control over it. Or maybe the whole flying thing is just going to be a cutscene.

Later in the game I'd guess you gain the ability to warp between places.

Link19x

Freak on a leash xp
ive always had the feeling that when you teleport back to skyloft, you would appear on that cliff that you jumped off to get to the land below :P

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
Nintendo might just let you warp back at anytime you want in designated areas of the game like hyrule field, if the game has one. Most likely in the end they will end up using a warping system. My guess for the over dramatic jumping of a cliff was for the first time link enters Hyrule form skyloft.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
I think that Link will reappear in a temple, namely the temple of the Skyward Sword.

(In theory...) He will hear about the land below and how it has been invaded, he finds out that the Skyward Sword/whatever spirit is inside of it can take him there, so he goes to the temple of the Skyward Sword. (It would be also very nice if he had to go through some form of a dungeon to get to it with a mediocre, homemade weapon as he does not have a sword yet.) He then draws the sword, the spirit comes out and befriends him, and then takes him down to Hyrule.

Going by past zelda games, I bet the first place you fall is in the forest or a forest. As for reappearing to Skyloft, I don't think Skyloft will be that big more like one city in the clouds (like TP).

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Id say Skyloft as well as Hyrule will have designated warp spots that become more plentiful as you progress throught the game. They will most definatly be located at or near places of significance, much like in previous games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom