• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Goht

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
It took me several play throughs of Majoras Mask to realise that you're supposed to chase Goht as a Goron. I used to just stand in the entrance and shoot it with fire arrows every time it ran past. This is a very inefficient way of fighting and it takes about 13 arrows if I remember correctly. I can't be the only one surely?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Meh it's fun to just shoot it with arrows the fact you are able to hit a moving target as it goes past is a nice feeling. Also Light Arrows do more damage

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
Yeah, but you get fire arrows in the dungeon so I had to use them the first time around. XD

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I only realised you could chase it because I saw someone else play it. I don't know why it never occurred to me. Probably because in every other Zelda game you kill the boss with the item you find in the temple.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
In a normal playthrough, I use the Goron Mask to chase Goht. I have tried shooting him with arrows too, and that's pretty fun. However, I recently did the Snowhead Temple as part of my speedrun practice where I skipped the Goron Mask, so I had to fight him with arrows.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Yes, but the process of getting the Lens of Truth, Goron Mask, and Goron Lullaby just to enter Snowhead Temple is much slower (and much easier of course, since you need lots of glitches to skip these 3 items and enter/complete Snowhead Temple). Plus, when fighting Goht with arrows you can actually stand in a certain spot to manipulate his AI so that he doesn't move. I've seen this tactic used in the current world record video for MM, plus I tested it, so I know it works on N64 (I don't know about the 3DS, though, since the Goht fight has been changed).
All in all, while fighting Goht with arrows may be slower than using the Goron method, the time saved from not having to get the Lens of Truth, Goron Mask, and Goron Lullaby outweighs this time loss, assuming that you play well.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
It's like asking what the point of speedrunning is. I speedrun to challenge myself or to see a game pushed to the limits of what's possible.
That's exactly what I meant. What's the point of playing a game if you're going to skip half of it just so you can do it faster?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom