• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goddess Statues on the Triforce Islands

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Do you guys remember doing the part in WW where you have to place the Goddesses' Pearls on their respective statues? Well the other day when I was playing WW and doing this particular part of the game, I noticed when I went up to each one to place a pearl on it that they each had different features on them.

Nayru's Statue:

NayrusStatue.jpg

Farore's Statue:
FaroresState.jpg

Din's Statue:
DinsStatue.jpg

As you can see, Nayru's Statue has a jagged-like mouth on it, Farore's has ears, and Din's has a beak-like nose. As I looked at these statues and each of their distinctive features I wondered: why do each of them look different? Are they supposed to be statues representing the species that obtained the pearls? Such as with the ears on Farore's; they could represent the branches that are supposed to be ears on the Koroks. And the nose on on Din's could possibly represent the beak noses of the Rito. And as for the jagged-like mouth for Nayru's statue, it could represent a physical feature that the people of Greatfish Isle (the island that Jabun was located before it was destroyed) could have had. Although it's possible that that's not the case.

This is purely speculation though, but still it's interesting to think about what the statues could be representing with these unique features that they possess. What's your opinion on the looks of these statues before they've went through the metamorphosis of becoming statues of the Goddesses themselves?

Hm, interesting. I always thought they looked identical. I never really looked close like this before. Thanks for bringing it up!

Your theory about the appearances representing the races could work. I don't really think the Farore one resembles a Korok, though I suppose it could've been their intention anyway. As for the Nayru one, the thing is I don't see too much reason to think that Greatfish Isle HAD any specific race. I don't even think it was necessarily populated. Jabun is the only entity from the island ever referenced. The Rito are the Zora, so it couldn't have been them. The only one left is the Gorons, which wouldn't make much sense, although I'll admit the large mouth could be intended to resemble a Goron's. Hm.

The best guess I can come up with is that somehow the uniqueness of their looks are supposed to somehow represent in some abstract way either the traits of the Goddesses or the symbols on the actual pearls. The ears of Farore could imply Link's Hylian ears... Mouth on Nayru's to represent communication? Don't know about the Din one though. Perhaps just... a sign of having a modified body, leading to power?

I think I'm just reading way too much into this. Sadly I think it's just meaningless. Would be cool if it wasn't though. :(

(On a side note, Nayru's is definitely my favorite with its creepy jagged mouth. <3 )

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I read somewhere that the statues are a reference to the original Pikmin, but this looks like a good theory too, I think maybe the one with the jagged mouth could be a goron though :P

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I agree with your theory of the statues representing the races seen in WW. It's a good theory as well. I wouldn't have looks so closely at the statues to have noticed the small details on them.

Nayru's Statue:
NayrusStatue.jpg

Nayru's statue almost looks like it has the face of a fish with the way that the line of the mouth is carved. The eyes make look even more similar to a fish's face. I agree with what you think of Nayru's Statue, considering Jabun held the orb and he lived on Greatfish Isle. If the statue is representing a race we didn't see in WW, then that means that there was some kind of water-related race then, right?

Farore's Statue:
FaroresState.jpg

With Farore's statue, I think that there are ears to represent the Kokiri. I think this because the Deku Tree had said that in the past Koroks were once disguised as children. If the statue were representing the Kokiri's shape, it would make sense for the ears. If I recall, the Koroks don't even have ears whatsoever, so I don't see how Farore's statue would be representing the Koroks.

Din's Statue:
DinsStatue.jpg

Din's statue definitely looks like it's representing the Rito race. With the beak-like thing sticking out from the face of the statue, it only makes sense. Since the dungeon on Dragon Roost Island was related to fire and whatnot, it's also could be safe to say that Din's statue is representing the Rito tribe and Dragon Roost Island.

kindlyone

I am The Kindlyone
I read somewhere that the statues are a reference to the original Pikmin, but this looks like a good theory too, I think maybe the one with the jagged mouth could be a goron though :P

yeah of couse the yellow pikmin have ears like farores the blue pikmin have mouths like Nayru and Red have noses like Din

also the goddessess have same elemental attributes
Din =fire so does red pikmin
,Nayru =water so does blue pikmin
and i guess Electric had to be substituded for wind because of no electric goddess

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Wow, I also thought they looked identical. But as for the theory, all I have to say is that you might be right. That is probably the most plausible explanation, and right one.

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
Well I guess I can kinda see what you mean, (what do you mean by kinda it's so simple) but you must remember that the Koroks sorta evolved from the korkiris (even though I don't beleve in that kinda stuff) so the ears were probably the korkiri ears. oh and there not called triforce islands there called the triangle islands.

Interesting point, they ALL have Tetras hairstyle, so maybe the have something to do with Hylians, royalty, or something of the like, considering it seems important people have this hairstyle too (eg, Anjean)

David

But you called me here...
The only one left is the Gorons, which wouldn't make much sense, although I'll admit the large mouth could be intended to resemble a Goron's. Hm.

Well, Gorons were in the game. If you use the Deku Leaf on one of the merchants, his hat flies off and you can see that he is a Goron. Maybe the island that was destroyed was inhabited by the Gorons some time before the island was destroyed. It could be possible. But that's just speculation.

I never really noticed that they had different features. (Well, maybe I did when I was younger.) That's a really cool find and I really hope that it was intended to relate to something Zelda rather than Pikmin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom