• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goddess of Time

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
In MM Zelda says "the goddes of time will help you when you play the ocarina". But wait a minute, what goddess? We know there are 3 goddeses: Din, Nayru and Farore. As far as I know any of this can manipulate time, except Nayru in OoA. But in PH Ciela who was the Spirit of Courage (Courage=Farore) was also the Spirit of TIME!

So who is the goddess of time Nayru, Farore or Ciela?:huh:

Also I want to point out that in MM when you are in Skull Kid chamber there is a Triforce with a triangle under it and no ToP. So does this mean the goddes of time, only "works" in other dimmension cause MM, PH, OoX were in other worlds.

Discuss:P

STEVEN

Flat The Court Composer
I think its Nayru, she has the harp of ages and has total control over time.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
You bring up a very interesting point.

As we all know, there are 3 goddesses: Din, Nayru, and Farore. Din is the goddess of power, Nayru is wisdom, and Farore is courage, and they each have their own piece of the Triforce that represents their power. But what if each goddess represents other categories as well?

You point out that the goddess of Time might be in the control of Nayru as well. While there is no solid proof for this, it could be very true. Taking a look at the other goddesses, can can say that Din is also the goddess of Sand. In OoT, there is a statue of Din (most likely) on top of the Spirit Temple's entrance. There is also a statue of Din (once again, most likely) in Arbiter's Grounds in TP. In WW, Tingle hints that Farore might indeed by the goddess of the Winds.

So I do believe that Nayru is the goddess of Time.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Of course, there could be a fourth Goddess, analog to the four Giants of Termina. Is it coincidence that there is a gap in the shape of a fourth triangle in the middle of the Triforce, or has there been one piece missing from the start?

PhantomTriforce

Of course, there could be a fourth Goddess, analog to the four Giants of Termina. Is it coincidence that there is a gap in the shape of a fourth triangle in the middle of the Triforce, or has there been one piece missing from the start?

Common mistake. The Triforce will not have four pieces.

That would be cool if another goddess represented the center triangle but I still think that time goes to Nayru. Her being connected to the harp of ages and the phrase "use time wisely" do hint that it is one of her powers.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
I think it is Zelda, we have a seventh sage, right? Zelda, who is probably the sage of time (I don't think it is stated) now what they think is a goddess is really the triforce of wisdom, the light force (Or whatever it is Zelda has in Minish Cap) and Zelda combined to make something which just seems to have the powers of a goddess.

I am prepared for people to stop this theory straight away but it was kinda made up on the spot.

I think that it's Nayru, because anything that has to do with time travel is blue is these games.

Last edited:

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Nayru is the most likely choice, as she is the Goddess of Wisdom. The one who controls time itself is undoubtedly quite wise. I cast my vote for her.

You could make a case for Farore as well, since she created "all life forms who would uphold the law". Time does exist by itself via its relationhip to space, but no one knows about it unless someone is around to take note of it.

Din created some land, so I guess it's possible that space is also in her ballpark. If so, she almost certainly caused time to come into existence.

It's also worth noting that the Goddess of Time appears to have reach into the realm that was allegedly created by the Four Giants. If the Golden Goddesses control only Hyrule, and the Four Giants control only Termina, then the Goddess of Time is likely a different entity. (I have my doubts about that first sentence here, but that's another topic :P)

PhantomTriforce

Which can be easily handwaved away by saying that the Triforce wasn't named until after mysterious goddess four left the group.

What?? This is not possible. In the story of creation told by the Deku Tree in OoT, he states that there were three goddesses who created Hyrule, and they left a bit of their power in the Triforce, and kept it away somewhere safe. Nowhere in any Zelda game does it even hint to there being a fourth goddess. o_O

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
What?? This is not possible.
What makes it impossible?
In the story of creation told by the Deku Tree in OoT, he states that there were three goddesses who created Hyrule, and they left a bit of their power in the Triforce, and kept it away somewhere safe. Nowhere in any Zelda game does it even hint to there being a fourth goddess. o_O
I agree that nothing hints at it, but nothing speaks against it either. I never stated the "fourth goddess" theory as fact. Yes, the Deku Tree speaks of only three goddesses, but I'm sure you'll agree that while he is old, he's not as old as the goddesses. So it's possible that he only learned of the goddesses after the hypothetical fourth goddess "split the band", so to say. He wouldn't know that there ever was a fourth goddess, so that would be why he didn't mention her. Same goes for other cases were the goddesses were mentioned. It's always "Legend has it" or "They say that...", but we've never seen the origin of those legends. We have yet to play a game in which the goddesses (not Oracles) directly speak to a prophet.
Is it likely that there was a fourth goddess? I don't know. I based the idea just on the fact that Termina has four deities instead of three, and on the design of the triforce, where three golden triangles form a hole in the shape of a fourth triangle in their middle. That's all I have.
But without confirmation either in-game or through an official interview with Miyamoto or Aounuma, a hypothetical fourth (yellow?) goddess is not impossible.

And that is all I'm saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom