• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goals for 2019

Ninja

Well well well
Hi all. 2019 is upon us, and more often than not, people set out to accomplish goals or resolutions to better themselves. What are some of yours? This year will be the first year that I'm actually going to make some, and I'm putting them in categories as Dave Ramsey does, so I can achieve in multiple areas of my life. Here are mine, feel free to share yours!

1. Financial Goals - After my car lease is up, pay no more than $8000 for a CASH truck. No more payments!
2. Spiritual Goals - Make a blog series, or write in a journal every week to reduce my anxiety and get my feelings out more.
3. Fitness Goals - To reach a weight of 185lbs by my next birthday in May.
4. Educational Goals - Read at least one book per month, preferably non-fiction.
5. Family Goals - At least twice per month, have a date night with my fiance and mom.
6. Career Goals - Continue to excel at work to achieve a bonus, raise, or promotion.
7. Social Goals - Go out with friends and coworkers at least once a month to get out more.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I got no goals for the next year. I gave up on them years ago. However I do have one goal though...
I'm working on running 5 miles per hour. I've been going to the gym to work on that but my work prevented me to give all. Next year I wanna go to the gym for 4 days a week. I know I will make it :D

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Idk, I guess I want to become a better writer. I tried applying for a writing position for the ZD frontpage earlier this year, and I didn't give it my all. The samples I sent were old and didn't accurately show my improvements. I know I've improved alot compared to just 2 years ago. But I feel like even if I had created new samples I might have still got turned down. So I'm not sure whether this is just a lack of confidence on my part, or a legitimate lack of skill. Either way, a writer can't be at their best if they are having such doubts. So my goal is to commit and hopefully have the doubts dissolve.

I'm keeping things realistic.

My main goal is to finish my Master's Degree, which should be complete in May.

I also hope everything aligns for everyone in my family over the summer, so we can all visit Poland for the first time in many years.

Lastly, I want to have more deep and meaningful conversations with people.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
For once I actually do have some goals for the coming year. I didn't use to, wasn't really a new years resolution kind of person, but at the beginning of this year I set some some for myself, except I called it a plan, a financial plan to be specific. I put down a minimum goal for how much I was going to save (and not touch afterwards), ways I was going to save extras to cover future expenses (with the hope of not having to take out everything I put away), and set a pretty big goal for how much I was going to reduce my student loan by.

Going into 2019, I feel more confident about being more specific and ambitious with my goals, so here goes.

1.) I aim to save more in 2019 than I did in 2018, I have a dream amount in mind, but I want to end next year on a high regardless so I'm setting the bar at an attainable and beatable level. It is still over twice as high as my initial goal for 2018, so I do feel good about that.

2.) I aim to reduce my student loans with at least the same amount in 2019 as I did 2018. If I can do a little bit extra, then great, but I'm still on par with my goal of repaying it by mid-2020.

3.) I aim to continue reducing my amount of possessions. This is already a work in progress, which I started fairly early this year, and picked back up this month for a second round.

4.) This is the most challenging one; try not to buy or back a single new boardgame until my birthday (in May). I have a really bad habit of buying multiple games every month and frankly while I do have a weekly game group and often do extra game nights at home, I just don't have enough time or opportunity to play all the games I already have bought. I want to give myself the time to catch up, give my wallet a rest and also prove to myself that I can. And perhaps this can help me be more selective with what I buy.

5) The second most challenging (being the lazy couch potato that I aim); make myself get out of the house more, take walks, even when I'd much rather stay in or take the bus. Frankly I need some regular exercise, and while the chance of me doing some kind of regular workout routine is slim to none (I hate most workout stuff, apart from swimming, but getting to a pool regularly is really expensive and a hassle to do regulary with my non-traditional waking non-working hours), I don't generally mind walking, it's just that I need to overcome my excuses and just do it.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
First and foremost, I want to become more open and communicate with others. I've caused a lot of problems for myself because I don't express how I feel and try to control what vulnerable information people know. At the end of this year, I did force myself to make some progress on this front. I am too scared or feel vulnerable confronting people when they upset me, but in 2019 I hope to feel much more comfortable (or at least be able to) express myself, especially to those who are my friends and I genuinely care about.

As a little secondary goal, I want to continue improving my fitness. I've made great strides this past semester and feel more confident about myself than ever before. My first main fitness goal is to bench 225. The second is to run 10 miles. And the third is to perform a front lever. Third would be amazing and one I think may actually be attainable.

Then there's the standard continue working hard at school. I've had one of my best semesters ever and want to maintain that. I'm not gonna force myself to succeed the same, that's not always attainable. But I need to put in the same amount of effort if not more.

Reactions: Dio

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I don't really have specific goals in mind but I do have one in particular. I'm going back to the gym. I already went back in oct and nov but the crazy busy days at work made it impossible for me to keep it up. But everything is back to normal so I'm continuing my goal.

Edit: and I noticed I already replied. I must be drunk :P

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I know I have said some of these things in another thread but my 2019 goals are:

I started a business in 2018 and I plan to grow it in 2019. I hope to grow my base of clients and also aquire new skills so I can offer more services.

I'd like to produce a few music tracks this year. I have a background in piano playing which I have done since I was 11 but I started learning music production on the PC towards the end of 2018 just as a hobby really because I like the idea of producing tracks.

In terms of my gym goals I want to of course carry on going. I'd like to be able to do a 450lb deadlift this year and generally increase swoleness once I have finished my leaning out phase soon.

I'd like to read more non fiction books. I'm thinking I'd like to read some psychology books because I was always interested in that back in school and I have been enjoying lectures on YouTube recently so it would be good to read some material related to what I have been watching.

I do not like new year's resolutions so I started the 27th of December already.

last year ended rough. I won't say that it can only get better, but it's not too hard to end 2019 better than 2018.

some goals are to lose a bit of weight, try some new things - I would love to ride a horse some time -, not having to go to hospitals too often for family visits, and at least try to find a new girlfriend.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My goals are pretty standard, I guess. Be able to drive by myself, make more money, save more money, that sort of thing. Also thinking about going for a better job with a more stable paycheck and benefits, though I do like my current job and flexible schedule and job hunting is stressful as hell so I don't know if I want to be content or keep looking. Still working out that goal. But driving by myself is definitely my priority right now.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. Visit one new country this year at least.

2. Understand 1400 Kanji by the end of the year.

3. End the year with more savings than I started with.

4. Do two internships this year.

5. Spend lots of time with my friends and family when I return to Australia in the second half of the year.

1. Get my Toastmasters DTM award.

I joined Toastmasters in October 2015. From then till now I have done about 40 - 50 speeches on average ranging from 7 minutes long to 20 minutes long. All that going towards this DTM award. DTM standing for Distinguished Toastmaster. Now I only have two things left to do, neither of which require any speeches to be done. This year till October 2019 is my 4th year aiming for this. Sure you get smaller awards along the way and sure it's a self paced program. But it's something I've been working towards for a very long time and this year I want to finish these last two things and earn the DTM.

2. Save up enough cash to run again in the local council election. The next one is March 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom