• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Global Warming in Hyrule

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Zelda2Overworld800.png
loz-aol-botw-supermap.png

Although more of an idea then a full theory, I thought this was interesting to bring up. The idea of BotW being on the downfall timeline and explaining the rock salt we find. This map I found on ZU, a bit messy, it shows how the locations of AoL fit on BotW's map.
The idea would explain why we find rock salt "from an ancient sea" The planet grew hotter thus raising the ocean levels. Then after those tens of thousands of years between AoL and BotW the water levels receded. Spectacle rock, and the King's tomb also line up nicely, as well as the swamp.
alttp-map.jpg

This also reminds one of the map done that showed ALttP's map compared to BotW. So in the time between ALttP and AoL Hyrule must have flooded due to climate change.

QcFQOVmY_o.png

Necluda // Caly

Home of the Dueling Peaks.
this looks really believable, especially when maps are tilted and stuff. i think continental drift in hyrule is also occuring at a monumental rate as oppose to the Earth's contintental drift. The plates would be hebra, central, korok, eldin, akkala + lanayru, faron, gerudo, necluda, and lake, since most of hyrule is different in every game somehow.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
So Nintendo and the EPA are really who's behind global warming... Here I thought Miyamoto could do no wrong.

Excuse me while I Sakur-cry.

I think this theory may be trying to connect too much together at once.
Hyrule partially flooding prior to the original games seems like a fair bet (although that map does seem like it's rather forced to fit everything in), but there's no evidence that all of Hyrule had been flooded at this time, while the rock salt in BotW is found all over Hyrule, implying it to be from a time where all of Hyrule had been flooded, so it is unlikely that the two are connected.
Death Mountain freezing over to become the Gerudo Highlands also seems logical, but there is no evidence for this to be related to the water level... the lack of notable peaks in the Gerudo Highlands suggests that the peaks may have been destroyed by a sizeable eruption... after which the volcano would likely have gone dormant, causing it's temperature to drop, and once it had dropped low enough it could easily have frozen over.

In BotW there are mentions of Hyrule partially flooding quite frequently as a result of the water from Zora's Domain, which is why the East Reservoir Lake was constructed (although there is evidence of flooding since then, these were likely in exceptional circumstances, and were probably not as severe as the original floods)... the original games may have simply taken place during one of these floods before the reservoir was built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom