• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Glittering Spores

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I got Glittering Spores from a sparking mushroom out of the mushroom patch in Faron Woods. I know they can be used under various situations, but can they only be obtained once? You get five uses out of one bottle, so is that it? One bottle, no more. It would make sense if Glittering Spores appear once once, as they can be used to defeat many enemies, and so on. So, my question is, can Glittering Spores only be obtained once during a playthrough?

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
No. I've gotten Glittering Spores a lot (but I've never used them). It doesn't even have to be a sparkling mushroom. You can just hit a normal mushroom and get the spores. It just won't be as much. The Glittering ones come once in a while though.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
you can get them as many times as you want, just hack at a shroom and bottle up the glitteryness that comes out. most mushroom only give one use worth of spoors but some mushroom give 5 uses

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
You can't randomly hack at mushrooms though. Normal mushrooms only release Mushroom Spores, not Glittering Spores.

No. I've gotten Glittering Spores a lot (but I've never used them). It doesn't even have to be a sparkling mushroom. You can just hit a normal mushroom and get the spores. It just won't be as much. The Glittering ones come once in a while though.

You should use them. Glittering Spores can stun Moblins, making them much easier. If you're low on health, you can dump some on a heart flower, turning them into fairies. It attracts most insects, and can slow hard-to-catch ones down. They can also change the value of Rupees (although sometimes to a lower value). If you dump some on a Gossip Stone, it'll shrink and eventually disappear.

Last edited:
I never knew the spores did anything until I read this. I thought it was just a useless item.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
There is a quest NPC is PoM to the left of the ZI that is requesting 4 mischief mushroom spores. So far I've gotten 2, but can't find any info about what will happen when I turn them in, or what the reward is. Anyone have any info?
This is in a forum for a completely different game mate :shrugs:

But to answer your question I'm pretty sure you get group exp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom