• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Glitch or Secret? Did You Know...

L

Lionfu

That you could get past the bridge in Gerudo Valley and onto the fortress as child Link? I was just wondering if Nintendo put the cucco in Gerudo valley there in order to be able to jump over the fence on the other side of the bridge. The fact is that if you can make it into the fortress you can get an extra heart piece and an odd mushroom, which is COMPLETELY INSANE! What do you guys think? Glitch or secret meant to be unveiled?

CHEERS :)

That's interesting. The obvious reason the cucco is there is to allow you to get the heart piece under the waterfall, but it's possible and considering you can get those things, perhaps likely that the cucco serves a secret second purpose. Nice discovery.

i think this is a glitch. i've never gotten that heart piece, and i have all 20 hearts. why would they give us a useless piece of heart? that, and i've NEVER heard of anyone getting the odd mushroom outside of the biggoron sword sidequest. i think your game may have glitched.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
That's a glitch. You can do a series of very-hard-to-do glitches after that. If you enter the Spirit Temple and leave, you will meet Sheik as a kid!

Retsdob

Retsdob
That's a glitch. You can do a series of very-hard-to-do glitches after that. If you enter the Spirit Temple and leave, you will meet Sheik as a kid!
I agree wit this....for the most part. The original event of being able to get past Guerdo Valley is obviously a secret, yet because it may have been added in towards the end or without much thought so un-predicted gliches happened such as the one JamesBond007 pointed out.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I think the 37th Heart Piece in Gerudo Fortress as a kid might suggest that you were intended to get there as a kid in the early stages of OoT's development. I have no idea why the Odd Mushroom is there though. Yeah, you can meet Sheik as a kid at the Spirit Temple, but you need to bypass the gate at the fortress, walk backwards across the River of Sand, and then have the way through the Haunted Wasteland memorized. You can do this with the help of Youtube. :)

I remember watching an OoT speedrun where the player skipped all the dungeons using a glitch called Reverse Bottle Adventure (or RBA). It was insane!

I found this one glitch in the Forest Temple, but it is hard to explain through text and it was a long time ago so it might not be accurate, but here it is. Go to the room that is after the twisted corridor, but the treasure chest has to be on the wall. When your in the room, do not jump off the pillar. Go right and climb up. There is suppose to be another pillar on the left side of the room. Jump there, but go to the edge of the corner. Link will be attached to wall, turning 180 degree, and groan 10x a sec while falling down slowly. It's not a big glitch, but it looks really funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom