• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Gliding >.>...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Gliding. We have to do it in some parts of the game at one time or another. Is anyone finding it difficult like I am?
I keep trying to land on the windmill in Skyloft (yes, by jumping off the waterfall) and I never make it far enough. Also, in Eldin volcano, theres a place where you have to jump down, and theres various places we could land, one has a goddess cube, and the other 2 have a treasure chest. I cannot for the life of me land by the goddess cube! What am I doing wrong? S:

Z

Zelda's Boy Toy

When you say gliding I am assuming you are referring to flying and landing with your bird. Couple of controls that can help you with the bird are:
Z to look down - this will help you land close to where you want to.
B to slow down - this way before you dive you know where you will fall.
I do not believe you can land right in the nest / windmill from the sky - it is the same reason why the game will not let you land on the waterfall (and there is an island just off skyloft you cannot land on either). Depending on where you are in the game you have to get there by other means - to get to the nest you have to dive from the waterfall - to get to the waterfall you will need to be at a certain point in the game and have a certain item (clawshot).

I am not sure where in Edlin Volcano you are referring to I am not sure of the exact spot - but I do not remember having troubles getting anything specific in Edlin (unless you mean the great tree in faron).

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
No, I mean gliding as in falling, and then using the sail cloth. The gratitude crystal sidequest requires that we run off the waterfall, and glide(fall,if you will) and land on the windmill. Its the only way to complete that sidequest. I dont know what Im doing wrong, I never fall far enough to land there.
I obviously need the clawshot, I did say I was running and diving off the waterfall.

Z

Zelda's Boy Toy

Sorry - so if you can get to the waterfall - then you will want to dive / glide off of the side of the waterfall that has the treasure chect and the gossip stone. Run off and then hold your controller flat in your hand and then tilt your hand downward - this will cause it so as Link is falling he will gain distance. I had trouble with diving as well because I kept holding the remote upright and then he would not be as responsive to where I wanted him to move. If you hold it flat in your hand then push it downard he will he will get there.

*I have heard of another way to do this as well which involves getting close to it and using the gust bellows to blow off the debris covering the rattle and then using the hook beetle to go get it -I am not sure where you would stand to do this but it is a rumor I heard.

I hope it helps.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Skydiving works in that the direction you tilt your controller from the neutral flat position dictates where you land. It is most responsive when the neutral position is the wiimote being flat, though the wiimote calibrates so that whatever position the wiimote is in when you jump off becomes the neutral position. Basically, what the above poster stated regarding jumping off with the wiimote flat is extremely helpful.

When you point your wiimote down, Link moves forward and also picks up speed. When you point it up, he moves backwards and loses speed. Tilting it left and right causes him to glide left or right, and rotating your wiimote can also cause Link to rotate, which can screw up your orientation if you're not careful. The rattle on the windmill is a simple matter of pointing your wiimote down. The Goddess Cube in Eldin, you should be able to reach that if you point your wiimote down and slightly right, just don't exaggerate your movements as Link's diving responds pretty sensitively.

Lol, I was the one who got the rattle the other way :P The way to do that is to wait for Beedle's shop to get close to the windmill, stop it and go onto the platform and then use the gust bellows from the platform to blow away the sand and then use the beetle to get the rattle. It takes some trial and error to find out when and where to stop the shop but with some effort and patience it can be done, it's how I did it.

Oh! By the way, it's not gliding, it's skydiving lol :P

Last edited:

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Lol, I was the one who got the rattle the other way :P The way to do that is to wait for Beedle's shop to get close to the windmill, stop it and go onto the platform and then use the gust bellows from the platform to blow away the sand and then use the beetle to get the rattle. It takes some trial and error to find out when and where to stop the shop but with some effort and patience it can be done, it's how I did it.

Woah. That actually works? But how do you stop the shop? No I didn't get the Clawshot yet. I'm only on the Lanayru Mining Facility. But I have the Gust Bellows.

Remember. You can control your angle by tilting the Wii Remote. It might take a few tries, but don't giive up.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator

No it is true. I did it myself. You can also wait for Beedle his ship to fly close to the Windmill and then you hit the bell and climb up and use the gust bellows and after this grab the beetle. It works. I did it too. It is actually a lot easier to be honest.

H

Halcyon

Hi guys - just wanted to say that the instructions that Zelda's Boy Toy gave above work PERFECTLY. I was having a hell of a time trying to get to the rattle in the bird's nest as well and was never making it far enough. As soon as I read this thread, I tried it by holding the Wiimote perfectly flat and tilting down to gain distance and I got it VERY easily on the first try. Kudos to all you guys and gals for the info - much appreciated!!

Now back to Eldin Volcano to get that Goddess Cube and treasure chest I couldn't get to because of my poor gliding skills at the time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom