• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Glee

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
It seems everyone loves glee... not me though
It simply doesn't appeal to me... Comedy? I haven't even smiled while watching it... I find it boring...
And every song they cover gets ruined IMO

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I don't like it. It's a bad excuse for comedy and they completly butcher classic songs. But just my opinion.

It simply doesn't appeal to me... Comedy? I haven't even smiled while watching it... I find it boring...

Your opinion must not account for much then... Seeing as every song they cover, the original artist tops the charts the following weeks. Not to mention Glee is effectively saving the music programs in our school. So along with making music, which isn't half bad most of the time it is awesome for all the extra things they do for the community. What other shows do you see doing that?

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
TheGreen, the aisan guy you type of is called Mike Chang. Didn't u see him dance around Artie during P.Y.T.?
Lol, I think that in season 1 his official name was "The Other Asian" and it wasn't 'til season two that they actually wrote him into all the drama.

Since I've noticed him in like, every major dance production XD. Erm, the first thing I noticed him in was a trailer for Step Up 3D, but I think he was also in Step Up 2: the streets, a name I can only remember because of how ridiculous it is :P

H

HayGonJinn

Lol, I think that in season 1 his official name was "The Other Asian" and it wasn't 'til season two that they actually wrote him into all the drama.

Since I've noticed him in like, every major dance production XD. Erm, the first thing I noticed him in was a trailer for Step Up 3D, but I think he was also in Step Up 2: the streets, a name I can only remember because of how ridiculous it is :P

I love how the character's name was "the other asian" that makes me happy. They do ruin songs so even if the songs do top the charts it doesn't give them the right to butcher the song. That's my opinion.

C

curl

Glee is my favorite musical comedy show and right now I am just watching season 2 which is so great.

Hanyou

didn't build that

Oh, I agree.*

I tried watching it a few times. I was in choir, and I thought the show might foster an appreciation for that in other people since I'd heard it was so good, but my choir was nothing like theirs. I like comedy, but I've never seen anything funny about the show. Also, the acting is just atrocious--is that supposed to be the funny part? Seems like everyone in the show took acting lessons from Tommy Wiseau of "The Room." Oh, and finally, the shows can get ridiculous preachy. I've seen some clips with five-minute speeches about tolerance and whatnot. Decent messages, but a basic tenet of writing is showing and not telling. If a character gives a speech, it should be incorporated smoothly into the dialog.

I heard that whoever makes Glee was interested in incorporating some Rush songs. If they ever cover 2112 or Xanadu, music as we know it will have officially died. Fortunately, Geddy's metal-as-**** voice in the 70's albums will probably keep them away from their best songs.

*This is all personal opinion, and I don't think any less of people who enjoy the show, nor do I even think my opinion is objective truth.:)

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I saw several Glee episode and I thought it was sort of funny. The main problem for me is that it is a bit too 'American' for me. Dutch schools are so much different that I can't relate to the characters, humor and drama. We don't have clubs or sport teams that you can join as side activity, so I don't get the typical stereotypes of 'club people' and the rivalry between different clubs in Glee. It is more confusing for me than it is funny, especially since I don't know how a normal American school works (the only references I have are Saved by the Bell and Ned's School Survival Guide...)

And what is a glee anyway? After several episode and all the commercials on tv, I still don't know what glee means >.>.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
i'm indifferent..i seen one episode and it was alright..sometimes i don't get what all the rage is with the show but i suppose everyone has what they like when it comes to shows.

And what is a glee anyway? After several episode and all the commercials on tv, I still don't know what glee means >.>.

Glee
A glee is an English type of part song spanning the late baroque, classical and early romantic periods. It is usually scored for at least three voices, and generally intended to be sung unaccompanied. Glees often consist of a number of short, musically contrasted movements and their texts can be convivial, fraternal, idyllic, tender, philosophical or even (occasionally) dramatic. Their respectable and artistic character contrasts with the bawdiness of many catches of the late 15th C., which made glees appropriate in female company. Although most glees were originally written to be sung in gentlemen's singing clubs, they often included soprano parts—which were sung by boys (church choristers) in earlier years, and later by ladies who were often present as guests. Glees as described above fall into a different musical category from traditional college songs or fight songs.
from wikipedia.

Not all schools have clubs. But one of the most common clubs you hear about when people talk about "clubs" in general is "Glee Club" Disney's Chicken Little makes a side mention of "why don't you collect stamps or join glee club, or something" My school had a big choral program so no glee club was necessary.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I'm not entirely sure about Glee. They sing songs that are already popular right? Some are good. Don't Stop Believing is one of them. But others such as Gives you Hell isn't as good. I don't watch the show though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom