• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Glee

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
So, anyone watch the show? Love it? Loathe it? Indifferent? Favorite songs, quotations, etc?

Me, I like most of the dialogue, love the fact that the "villains" are so intentionally over the top I can laugh at them instead of hate them (thank you, Sue Sylvester) and enjoy most of the songs in context (on CD they can sometimes sound too show-choiry, though.) Not fond of Mr. Shuester's story lines right now but the kids' story lines make up for it.

I also can't stop quoting "He's cheating off a girl who thinks she square root of four is rainbows," but that's another issue.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I shall bring this topic back to life, because Glee is too awesome to be forgotten:xd:

I love all of Brittney's random lines, like "Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?" (off the top of my head)

But I just can't wait until season 2! I'm so excited on what's going to happen in this awesome drama-filled, musically awesome show!

Beeker

Wild Card
I love Glee! I randomy started to watch it in April and have followed it since. I actually almost cried during the season finale.
Can't wait for season 2 to begin:D
Hooray for fellow Gleeks! (wow, can't believe I just used that term:lol:)

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I like it. I'm male and often I'm made fun of for liking Glee. (mostly by my roomate)
The songs are good and all that stuff. I hate the plot though. It's as bad as any soap opera. Like no joke if there were a soap opera about high school kids it wouldn't be as dramatic. I think that its a really well done soap opera, though. Production values are high and the acting is all pretty good.
My favorite character is the asian guy who never talks except when he sings and dances. So bad a**.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Ummm, eww :sick:
Loathe loathe loathe loathe loathe loathe loatheee :sick: It's just way too showy, over the top, and generally stupid to me <.<

But then again I dislike with a passion that burns with the combined power of a thousand suns a lot of things that teenage girls are meant to adore <.<

Glee is amazing... And for a highschool show that plays extremely off of stereotyping people... My choir pretty much acted like that... having a song for every season of life...

I love glee, I own all the soundtracks and some day if I ever have spending money again... I will get the dvd's

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
In my initial post I had a comment about how the songs sound on CD. But now that we've got four soundtracks, there are a lot of songs I like, whether in context of the show or on CD.

For starters, I love the mash-ups. Of course, there's It's My Life/Confesions Part II and Halo/Walking on Sunshine from the "Vitamin D" episode. Borderline/Open your heart was also a good mash-up, though.

I'm also a big fan of any song where Rachel gets to belt - Total Eclipse of the Heart, Faithfully, and I Dreamed a Dream (the latter of which has the benefit that Idina Menzel and Lea Michele sound amazing together.)

Will's not my favorite character, but I do like a lot of the songs he sings on - Fire (with Kristin Chenowith), Dream on (with Neil Patrick Harris), and Over the Rainbow. On the other hand, please, Will, stop rapping, and if I never hear you sing "Thong Song" again it will be too soon.

Honestly, I could keep linking and linking away. XD I've got other songs I like just as much but I'll stop there.

I won't post much about the next season since this isn't a spoilers, thread, but there's one guest star I'm really looking forward too. I also want to see Sue's next move since she was the one who was instrumental in bringing the glee club back for the following year. This is pure speculation, but I cannot see her missing the opportunity to bring that up to Will when it's convenient for her. "You've signed up for the auditorium this afternoon? That's too bad, my Cheerios need to practice bungee jumping into the spotlight. You wouldn't even have a glee club if it weren't for me, William. I'm sure you can wait until month to use it."

I've really never seen the show. I got the first episode on Itunes for free, but I've never had a chance or the will to watch it. Many of my friends love it, but I'm never really seen the appeal. I guess it's the catchy pop music.

Recently I found out that one of my favorite new actors is going to be on the show, Darren Criss. Some of you may know hime From StarKidPotter's Harry Potter Musical, where he played Harry. Anyways, because of his appearance, I may have to watch the show.

I was really into it during the first season, but that seemed to be the show's peak. I don't really care for the plot anymore, and I don't like the episodes dedicated to one artist (I don't know how I sat through the Britney Spears episode). I still watch it, but it's more in the background as I do something else more constructive.

C

curl

Glee is fantastic television series. It is a great combination of music and comedy like stuff..

"You can have your Barbaras, and your Chers, and your Christinas,.. wow I just lost my train of thought, you have so much margarine in your hair."
"If your kids want to praise Jesus in class, I suggest they enroll at Sweet Holy Mother of God Academy on I Love Jesus street. But not here."
"Your hair looks like a briar patch. I keep expecting racist, animated Disney characters to pop out and start singing about living on the bayou."
"It's a Britney Spears sex riot!"
Long live Coach Sue Sylvester!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom