• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gigantamaxing; yay or nay?

It was revealed today that Pokemon Sword and Shield will feature 'Gigantamaxing' alongside Dynamaxing.

Gigantamaxing only applies to certain Pokemon, makes them even larger than a Dynamaxed Pokemon and enables them to use stronger moves than Dynamaxed Pokemon.

This reminds me very much of Mega Evolutions, but with a dumber name.

What are your opinions on Gigantamaxing?

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Honestly, I don't mind it as a concept, but having to code all these separate models for the pokemon in the game is part of why they're cutting out 500+ pokemon from the code entirely, so I'm kind of mad about it. They should have just stuck with regular dynamaxing and resized the models they already had, imo. Like, if this didn't mean national dex had to be cut, I would be totally fine with it.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
On its own I think it is an ok concept but I don't like the way it's being done. It seems like this is why we can't have a national dex. It also feels like a middle finger to everyone wanting mega evolution. It just puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Personally I think it's a load of BS that Nintendo's trying to pull the crap from under their ****y performance so far selling this title. I got some words of advice for you Game Freak: 1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 2. If it's broken don't break it any further. 3. If you're going to trash on your best-selling franchise, you're basically telling the world look we're Sega. 4. If you really don't care about your best-selling franchise anymore, don't spend extra money making and sequel nobody will buy. 5. Here's that suggestion for you, why don't you let the fans make games for you if you're going to pull **** like this. 6. If Misdreavus doesn't gets in this game I'm not buying it, period. And 7. Let there be a National Dex!

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
The thing is they KNOW people will buy this game regardless. I think someone said that in an interview, but I'd need to find it. Either way, they know they could serve us crap on a platter, but stick the pokemon name on it and it WILL sell

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
No more original or creative ideas!!

Just MOAHR BIGGHAAAR!!

Moahr MOaHR MOAAHR!!

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
It's essentially megas, but like Spirit said, more limited in use and kinda dumb. I think the designs themselves are neat, but it's not practical by any means. Just make them megas so they'd at least be more uniform and easier to keep in line, but we know that gigamaxing will likely never be seen again after these games, so what's the point.

D

Deleted member 88720

I'm not enthusiastic by it, nor was I excited for Mega-Evolution. I would prefer a higher Evolution could be achieved, but in due part to their increasing lore, it's whatever they decide to go with. I'm sure I'll be making use of it in the upcoming games!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom