• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Giant Triforce Emblem in Lanayru Desert

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
OK. So the new trailer of Skyward Sword shows a GIANT Triforce emblem in the Lanayru Desert! This is also shown in the recently revealed World Map.

Skyward-Sword-World-Map.jpg

So here's the Question...

What do you think this giant monument is used or was used for?

With Lanayru's crazy time travel gimmick, I bet it won't be used for anything in the PRESENT, but in the PAST... ;)

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Wow... not 2 hours after I posted this same acknowledgment, someone posts it too... Anyway, that's not the point. Yeah, I do believe that this will be related to the arbiters grounds, since they're in the same-ish area, and the cog thingy kinda resembles the Mirror of Twilight.... but you know... not twilit...

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Oh, I'm sorry. I had no Idea that someone else already started this thread. I just looked at the "whats New" Tab and didn't see anything related to this topic so I went ahead and made one...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm kind of amazed at how the landmasses are positioned in a triangle. They're almost lined up just right where the map in its entirety could resemble the Triforce. Eldin would represent Din, or Power, to be certain, and Faron Courage. But what about the Desert? Maybe once it's restored to the verdant land we saw in the Origin Trailer it'll be blue to symbolize the Wisdom Triforce. Just an interesting way to look at Hyrule's early placement.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm kind of amazed at how the landmasses are positioned in a triangle. They're almost lined up just right where the map in its entirety could resemble the Triforce.

Oh, cool. That's an awesome observation. I never noticed this. Good eye!

As far as the emblem, I don't think it will directly have a role, but I could be wrong. It could be the Arbiters Grounds, though.

Last edited:
I'm kind of amazed at how the landmasses are positioned in a triangle. They're almost lined up just right where the map in its entirety could resemble the Triforce. Eldin would represent Din, or Power, to be certain, and Faron Courage. But what about the Desert? Maybe once it's restored to the verdant land we saw in the Origin Trailer it'll be blue to symbolize the Wisdom Triforce. Just an interesting way to look at Hyrule's early placement.
We've already seen there is an ocean in Lanayru under certain circumstances. I think your triforce idea is totally right. :)

A

ArgoX

There appears to be one above Skyview Temple on the map in Faron too. I suspect there is another one inside Eldin Volcano.

2ep6f0x.gif

Also the ship is still apparently surrounded by land even though the map fades out in that area. There appears to be some structure in the distance off the map in front of the ship. Maybe the ship takes you there like the turtle takes you to Great Bay Temple in MM?

Attachments

• desertship.jpg
    desertship.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
K

KurtExpress

As I've said many times, I think the desert is Hyrule Field and Lake Hylia in one province.... But that's just me. Also if you notice in the "past" it was a green field instead.

it's just this

Screen%20Shot%202011-10-28%20at%207.24.31%20PM.png

Notice that thanks to the perspective it may look small on this SS, but if you compare with that wall you'll see that it's massive. And this is probably where the cut-scene with the Sheikah battling Ghirarim takes place.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
It can't be the Arbiters Grounds as that was not part of Hyrule proper at all, it was outside, and from the looks of it, SS will only include the three provinces, just not how they were from other games. Also, I pretty much believe that the large desert where the ship is will become Lake Hylia, as it pretty much looks like a dry ocean basin. As for Hyrule field, on the other hand, I believe most of it will come from the Faron province, where the large patch of trees are in the map. Also, it's interesting how the Nayru thing came up because I had a thought - remember from OoT, how Nayru was respomsible for giving the land its laws, and that cutscene where she moved through the land and it became lush, I think that has a connection to hitting the blue crystals and kind of rewinding time, because it is similar in the fact that it makes the barren land lush. (wow, I wrote that with the 3DS browser o_O)

It can't be the Arbiters Grounds as that was not part of Hyrule proper at all, it was outside, and from the looks of it, SS will only include the three provinces, just not how they were from other games. Also, I pretty much believe that the large desert where the ship is will become Lake Hylia, as it pretty much looks like a dry ocean basin. As for Hyrule field, on the other hand, I believe most of it will come from the Faron province, where the large patch of trees are in the map. Also, it's interesting how the Nayru thing came up because I had a thought - remember from OoT, how Nayru was respomsible for giving the land its laws, and that cutscene where she moved through the land and it became lush, I think that has a connection to hitting the blue crystals and kind of rewinding time, because it is similar in the fact that it makes the barren land lush. (wow, I wrote that with the 3DS browser o_O)

I'm sure that we haven't seen the full overworld map yet. And yes, the arbiter's grounds were part of Hyrule proper. The desert has always been in the Zelda series, it's Ordon that was added on, not the Gerudo Desert. Nice observation with the origin story and the hitting of the switches, you might be onto something there.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
I'm sure that we haven't seen the full overworld map yet. And yes, the arbiter's grounds were part of Hyrule proper. The desert has always been in the Zelda series, it's Ordon that was added on, not the Gerudo Desert. Nice observation with the origin story and the hitting of the switches, you might be onto something there.

About us not seeing the full map yet, I actually think Nintendo's trying to hold out on something. Even though it seems like a complete map, I think Nintendo's gonna throw some surprises, but I doubt its gonna be outside the map shown, but will be inside the areas we've seen (think about the silent realm) :) Also, I said that its not part of Hyrule proper because of the fact that its not part of Eldin, Lanayru, and Faron province. Technically it is part of Hyrule, since it is under Hyrule government, but just not part of Hyrule Proper (three provinces). I think only the three provinces will be part of SS.

Also, I got a new reason as to why it can't be the Arbiters Grounds - it's not a prison. Arbiter's Grounds was designed as a prison and execution spot for the most evil in Hyrule (that's why Ganondorf was tried to be executed there). The area in SS is not a prison, just seems to be part of the Temple of Time dungeon (due to the clockwork), or at most some sacred place, not a prison. But I actually want something like Arbiter's Grounds to be in SS, that area in TP was the coolest place, and also the coolest dungeon, second only to the Temple of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom