• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Giant Moblin & new item?

So we saw a giant one-eyed moblin in the Switch reveal trailer. It has a giant 'shoot here' eye (though i dont think its gonna be an easy fight) but more interesting is the item hanging around its neck.

It looks like a Sheikah item, its orange like the Slate, Towers and Shrines when they're on stand-by and it looks similar in design.

So is his item around the Moblin's neck a new item?

The moblin looks like its just wearing it as jewelry, so maybe it wont use it in battle, and maybe it doesnt know what it is, maybe it was stolen by the Moblin.

What do you think the item actually is?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It's not a one eyed moblin, it definitely has two eyes and what is around it's neck is actually its long tongue with what looks to he an eyeball on the end.

I think that's it's weak spot.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
It's not a one eyed moblin, it definitely has two eyes and what is around it's neck is actually its long tongue with what looks to he an eyeball on the end.

Wow, good eye Deus...uh, eyes. I was getting all excited for the return of the uh...what are the bomb chuckers called again?

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
:P Lol you guys. Maybe it's just a quest key item? It doesn't really look like something Link would be able to use as an item... Unless it's a locket! Maybe there is something inside of it. Or maybe its a part to build something later in the game... Like an Airship or a guardian! (Imagine riding your own guardian around Hyrule).

I like how huge this guy is, he's quite a bit taller than even ganon in OOT was. I hope we can climb large enemies like the moblin in a similar way to the steppe talus.

I'm just excited to see giant bosses out in the world and not just confined to dungeons, or I hope that's what that was lol

I looked and it only has one eye in the middle of it's head a lot like a cyclops.

This looks a lot like a cyclops (one eye)
tumblr_ofcoakm4ka1r5w5dlo1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably a quest item. A key to some dungeon, or a part of some machine.
Maybe Ganon gave it to the moblin to guard it or something... I doubt though that the moblin knows what it is

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
Could be some kind of magic item like the Quake Medallion. I'd welcome such a return. : P
That incredibly unlikely possibility aside, it does look like jewelry to him, but he's thirty friggin' feet tall. If Link uses it, it's going to have some difference to him unless it shrinks and grows to match the weilder, like the One Ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom