• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Giant Guardian hidden potential

The giant Guardians of BotW are very intriguing.

They may be dungeons, they may be bosses, they may even be friendly.

After a chat in the SB about the giant Guardians we wondered if there was some hidden potential to them.

Perhaps we could summon them or control them at some point. I'd love to use the bird Guardian to help fight against the Death Mountain Guardian.

To me the Guardians remind me of the giants from Majora's Mask who band together once summoned to repell the moon. So could something similar be true of the Guardians in BotW?

Perhaps they could tear down the pillars around Hyrule Castle, one for each Guardian.

Perhaps they have even deeper potential than that @Scribear had the wonderful idea of the Guardians perhaps combining Voltron style to punch Calamity Ganon in his smokey snout.

Do you think the giant Guardians have hidden potential, or will they be there just to visit game over screens upon us?

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
I don't think we want to destroy them. So the idea that we fight them I think is out. I think it is more of a parasitic thing with the bosses. They corrupt the giant Guardians and once we free them of that parasite then they are free to control. MAYBE not right away. Probably after we free all 4, although like you said, using them against other Guardians would be cool. It would make sense to use them against Ganon for the purpose they were created for...so why not use them all when you have freed them? Go against CG.

Form Voltron with Link at the helm.

It would not be the first giant battle for a Zelda title. Just a Phase 1 battle or something.

Judging by the tapestry showing the previous battle with Ganon 100 years before BotW, it looks like once they've been freed they'll be controlled by four other characters (likely those with blue scarves) and will help you in the fight against Ganon.
It's also been confirmed that they are dungeons, which you need to complete in order to free them from the corruption, with the source of the corruption seemingly being a fragment of Ganon's power that had been removed during the previous battle, which also acts as the boss of each.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
Speaking of blue scarves:

Falco = Air Bird Guardian
Goron (forgot name) = Death Mountain Guardian
The Gorudo lady = Camel Guardian
and Mifaa = unseen Elephant Guardian.

Which leads me to believe that Elephant will be the "water temple" of BotW. Maybe the Elephant is half submerged in water or something. Just my guess.

Speaking of blue scarves:

Falco = Air Bird Guardian
Goron (forgot name) = Death Mountain Guardian
The Gorudo lady = Camel Guardian
and Mifaa = unseen Elephant Guardian.

Which leads me to believe that Elephant will be the "water temple" of BotW. Maybe the Elephant is half submerged in water or something. Just my guess.

Getting shot with the spray from the elephant's trunk is probably another one hit kill we can add to the list.

I don't think we want to destroy them. So the idea that we fight them I think is out. I think it is more of a parasitic thing with the bosses. They corrupt the giant Guardians and once we free them of that parasite then they are free to control. MAYBE not right away. Probably after we free all 4, although like you said, using them against other Guardians would be cool. It would make sense to use them against Ganon for the purpose they were created for...so why not use them all when you have freed them? Go against CG.

Form Voltron with Link at the helm.

It would not be the first giant battle for a Zelda title. Just a Phase 1 battle or something.

Actually my guess is you have to fight it somehow to get inside. I can see them being aggressive to protect whats inside. Which if I recall correctly, is some sort of dark goo that we have to eliminate.

Or perhaps the characters with the blue scarves have a way to tame it. Probably through music.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
All big guardians seem to have a red glow indicating they are under the control of Ganon.

I think once freed they will be placed under the control of a different race or at least the main character from each. So the Death Mountain one will be under the control of the Gorons... The desert one under the control of the Gerudo, the flying one under the control of the Rito e.t.c

I imagine they will be used to assist in taking down Ganon like in MM with the giants preventing the moonfall. In that game you can go to try and prevent the moonfall with only one, two or three giants but this is ineffective. So I am thinking the same with Ganon. If you take him on without the Guardians you will not be able to defeat him.

Tompatuk

Living the dream
Look I hate to spoil it all for you, but basically what happens is...

You defeat each guardian not by killing it but releasing it from all its malice, then when you get to Ganon and realise you can't defeat him yourself, they all come together to form a mega Sheika guardian and you go at it power rangers style.

Sorry for spoiling it for you

Look I hate to spoil it all for you, but basically what happens is...

You defeat each guardian not by killing it but releasing it from all its malice, then when you get to Ganon and realise you can't defeat him yourself, they all come together to form a mega Sheika guardian and you go at it power rangers style.

Sorry for spoiling it for you

Yeah, we said that in the opening message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom