• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim's Master

Zorth

#Scoundrel
so far it seems like SS will be sorta like Pokemon. Face a enemy multiple times throughout the story(Gary/Silver/etc.). Face someone who is the strongest person(champion).
On a side note, wouldn't it be cool if the final boss was Majora. Since this game is before OoT andhas the dark tribe, which were gone in OoT. They were spoken of in Majora's Mask, where it was said that the dark tribe used Majora's Mask in rituals. So it would be safe to assume that Majora's mask was their leader's. The mask would be their leader's, which is who Ghirahim is trying to revive.

Was my theory back in teh day when Axle wrote that article about the tribe, And I'm actually starting to believe that their ''Master'' is the human form of Majora, And we just might[/I find out how the mask was created.. If Girahims bro's are dark tribers that is.

This game could turn out to be a favorite if it fills in blanks from other games, But doesn't ruin it's own story on the process.

Uhhh, that's not what a main antagonist is. Who is the main antagonist of MM? Majora. Of ALttP? Ganon. Of TP? Ganondorf. Based on the weird logic I was seeing earlier, those main antagonists would be Skull Kid, Agahnim, and Zant. Main antagonist= ultimate evil you fight at the end, at least in the video game world. Ghirahim is not the main antagonist of SS, assuming "his master" does end up being a huge story factor. Oh yeah and Zorth, by "different" I meant "not Ganon(dorf)". If a Mario game has Bowser again, they'll tell you just so you know. But if there is mystery to it, even just to the extent that Bowser won't necessarily be the main antagonist, then they won't tell you. That would ruin a main focus of the story then.

And about the whole Majora thing, the "Termina is another dimension" argument is meaningless based on how you guys described your theory. If there is a portal in the clock tower that can take anyone back and forth between Hyrule and Termina easily, then there is no reason why MM can't be referenced. Majora is completely possible. I just still don't see it likely because Majora feels too specific to MM and not the whole series. Well and "a tribe" doesn't mean it is the dark interlopers. Could be I guess.

Last edited:
Nintendo is never going to expand on the Majora's Mask mythos. It was left vague and mysterious intentionally. Also, Majora's Mask has nothing to do with the rest of the series so it really wouldn't make any sense. I know the game has a sort of cult following (I'm a big fan myself), but I don't understand how so many people can really think we could see more of Majora or even the Fierce Deity.

And before anyone says anything about Tingle, he was just a cameo. He didn't have anything to do with the story.

Edit: @TheGerudoDragon

Antagonist: a person who is opposed to, struggles against, or competes with another; opponent; adversary.

Courtesy of dictionary.com

Antagonist: in literature, the principal opponent or foil of the main character, who is referred to as the protagonist, in a drama or narrative. The word is from the Greek antagnistḗs, “opponent or rival.”

I got this one from brittanica.

Ghirahim obviously fits both of these definitions better than his master would, seeing as he repeatedly opposes Link himself. The same goes for Skull Kid and Zant. Agahnim is a little sketchy since he was actually being directly controlled by Ganon.

Edit 2: Majora could be called an antagonist since it was directly controlling Skull Kid through the mask. But since Skull Kid is the one peforming the actions, I'd say he is the antagonist. Same for Agahnim, though the same argument could be made.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The reason it is unlikely for any Majoras mask references is because it was a parallel world. Also Majora is something that supposedly terrorised Termina in ancient times, not Hyrule.

But the Happy Mask Salesman said he traveled through many lands, which could mean he bore the Majora Mask in Hyrule. Then, while on his way to Termina, the Skull Kid attacked him. This leaves an opening for Majora to have been present in Hyrule during Skyward Sword's time. Ghirahim's kind, or the "Dark Tribe," I believe, are seeking to revive Majora for a reason that can only be made known in the course of the story.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Was my theory back in teh day when Axle wrote that article about the tribe, And I'm actually starting to believe that their ''Master'' is the human form of Majora, And we just might[/I find out how the mask was created.. If Girahims bro's are dark tribers that is.

This game could turn out to be a favorite if it fills in blanks from other games, But doesn't ruin it's own story on the process.

I would be really excited and surprised if they did that. But I don't see a high possibility for the reasons I have posted on the last page. I think the master is the demon in the centre of the opening scene, so to say the human form of Majora would be inaccurate as it is probably not human at all. I find if games are different to what I theorised about them originally that they are allot more exciting. If what I thought would happen happens, then I'm just like ''Yep saw that coming''.

@JohnFC Key words: "at least in the video game world". Would you honestly call Skull Kid and Zant the main antagonists of MM and TP? Not to mention the ultimate evil of a video game always opposes the protagonist more strongly than the lesser antagonists do, even if they make fewer appearances throughout the story and don't acknowledge the protagonist early on. And Agahnim wasn't being controlled until you killed him...

the main antagonist is the guy that oppose you throughout the game

monster that appear at the very last minute aren `t consider antagonist but epic final battle

if i follow YOUR logic the main antagonist of metroid fusion would be the metroid omega instead of the sa-x

Yes well in video games, the guy you fight in the end is usually the one that's truly opposed you the most (the ultimate evil). I've never played Metroid Fusion (and if the final fight happens to be a mindless, lesser opposition then that's different) but again, would you really call Skull Kid and Zant the main antagonists of their games over Majora and Ganondorf?

A reocurring, weak rival is not usually the protagonist's greatest opposition in a video game.

So, according to ONM's review the "black beast" is called The Imprisoned and is imprisoned in the Sealed Grounds.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well that is where we have seen it yes, but It is also seen emerging from a crack at the game's beginning. So we can't say for sure that It is actually imprisoned in sealed grounds.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Yes well in video games, the guy you fight in the end is usually the one that's truly opposed you the most (the ultimate evil). I've never played Metroid Fusion (and if the final fight happens to be a mindless, lesser opposition then that's different) but again, would you really call Skull Kid and Zant the main antagonists of their games over Majora and Ganondorf?

A reocurring, weak rival is not usually the protagonist's greatest opposition in a video game.

Opponent of Protagonist = Antagonist = Zant and Skull Kid.. Ganon/Vaati in some games since you meet them all the time.
Doesn't matter if it's a video game the definition is the same.

The final boss is just the final boss..
You can't say that the final boss is the antagonist, Some of them didn't do anything to make the plot clearer and are just there as ''final bosses'.. Statues basically.
Girahim shows personality, So does Zant and Skull kid.. Majora and Ganon are monsters that just want to watch the world burn.

I'm still skeptical when it comes to The Imprisoned being Ghirahim's master. If it's fought and defeated as a boss then why would Ghirahim allow Link to kill it? If it was his master and it needed to be revived, one would think that it would have some kind of protection from someone from the demon tribe right? I mean yes it's formidable on its own but it is still the master none-the-less. I'm still holding on to the belief that it is more of a servant than anything, whether natural, conjured, manipulated, or magical that just seems more plausible to me.

Opponent of Protagonist = Antagonist = Zant and Skull Kid.. Ganon/Vaati in some games since you meet them all the time.
Doesn't matter if it's a video game the definition is the same.

The final boss is just the final boss..
You can't say that the final boss is the antagonist, Some of them didn't do anything to make the plot clearer and are just there as ''final bosses'.. Statues basically.
Girahim shows personality, So does Zant and Skull kid.. Majora and Ganon are monsters that just want to watch the world burn.

Alrighty then. That's a pretty strange take on it all but whatever. So then anyway, the "not" main antagonist of SS still doesn't seem to be the spikey beast to me. Although I would definitely say he is a part of him/it in a way. Not really much else to say on the matter at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom