• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim's Master

What if. his master is majora. and once you defeat him the dark tribe or the sheikah trap his spirit into a mask. BOOSH

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
What if. his master is majora. and once you defeat him the dark tribe or the sheikah trap his spirit into a mask. BOOSH

It would be so cool if that was the case, but I am almost certain it will not be. So certain in fact I will eat my top hat with a knife and fork if it is. Majora's masks' world is a completely different dimension to the world of Hyrule. I'm sure Majora was from that dimension. That would make Majoras appearance in any other game not set in Termina impossible. I think that is a parallel dark tribe.

This is very very very unlikely, as this game doesn't seem to focus on many elements from Majora's Mask, such as masks or the Ikana kingdom. It would be cool nonetheless though.
It would be so cool if that was the case, but I am almost certain it will not be. So certain in fact I will eat my top hat with a knife and fork if it is. Majora's masks' world is a completely different dimension to the world of Hyrule. I'm sure Majora was from that dimension. That would make Majoras appearance in any other game not set in Termina impossible. I think that is a parallel dark tribe.
There is actually no evidence for Termina being in an alternate dimension from Hyrule. That is just the most popularly accepted theory that fans use to explain why the same character models from Ocarina of time were used. The simple answer is: the game was made in a short time and they re-used most of the models. There are a lot of characters in Zelda that look the same. Besides, if it is an alternate universe, how come Link and the Happy Mask Salesman would be able to travel between them, but not anybody else.

Personally, I hope to see this game be the origin of the Twili, and I think that is a very likely possibility.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There is actually no evidence for Termina being in an alternate dimension from Hyrule.
Kotake and koume are your evidence. They are evil in OOT so why are they helpful and have an established business running a potion shop in MM?

vcdomith

Mad Artist
Ganonking said:
Kotake and koume are your evidence. They are evil in OOT so why are they helpful and have an established business running a potion shop in MM?
Kotake and Koume are evil in the future in, what if them move out from Termina(past) because of the moon crash, and go to Hyrule when Ganondorf see them and "hire" the two witches.

^ ^

Koume and Kotake are Ganondorf's surrogate mothers. They've been in Hyrule for a long time and have naturally been helping G-Dorf. There is no reasonable explanation for them to act the way they do in MM except for the fact that Termina is in an alternate dimension. For more evidence, just check my post earlier in the thread.

I will say that I realize the recurring character models were used just because it was easier on the developers, but I think it is obvious that they decided to explain it by making Termina exist in a different dimension/universe.

I think they could have hidden in Termina and started selling potions once they found out that the Royal Family found out about Ganondorf's plan. I don't think they were particulary 'evil' as much as supportive of Ganondorf. Perhaps they were experimenting with potions to try to find a way to bring Ganondorf back from the dead after they thought he was executed, and they had to keep up their ruse.
Kotake and Koume are evil in the future in, what if them move out from Termina(past) because of the moon crash, and go to Hyrule when Ganondorf see them and "hire" the two witches.
No, they are in Hyrule in the child part of OoT too, and I'm pretty sure Twinrova is Ganondorf's mother.

Bottom line is, as bradley seems to understand as well, there is no real evidence supporting MM being in an alternate world (parallel dimension; whatever you want to call it). Model reuse and special effects at the beginning of the game mean nothing. The manual quote sounds to me like a mix of mistranslation, poor wording, lack of effort in being factual, and being metaphorical. Again, nothing against you if you take "a kind of parallel world" as literal. I just think it's not enough to make such a huge claim. How does that parallel world exist? Why would the developers put the game in a totally different world? Why do Link and Skull Kid have memory of Hyrule Kingdom but nobody else? How did the travel between the worlds really occur? Why is the portal inside the clock tower? Why did Link go out into the field to depart from Termina if the portal is in the Clock Tower? None of it makes any sense but Termina simply being a border land leaves no questions. Labrynna, Holodrum, and Koholint Island all exist in the larger Hyrule world. Why not Termina? Oh and please stop saying Twinrova help you. They don't. Or rather, they don't help you do anything against evil. They run a potentially evil potion shop. One of them was hurt by skull kid. You delivered her a potion. She's grateful so you get a free boat ride from her because of her side tourist job. The other gives you the potion to be delivered because she is worried about her sister. Later, she sells and you buy. It's business. Neither one knows that Link is against evil and neither show any opposition to evil themselves.

And there is an official timeline. Those of us that have actually played through and extensively researched every Zelda game know the timeline. It's really rather clear from the games.
It's MC>FS>SS>OoT>WW>PH>ST
>MM>TP>FSA>ALttp>OoX>LA>LoZ>AoL
If you think there are any flaws and you have any evidence to back it up, please tell me. I'm pretty close to 100% sure about it though.

The alignment in my timeline got a little screwed up. You know where the split occurs. Oh and I should mention that if Twinrova were portrayed as heroes in MM, you might actually have something there.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Bottom line is, as bradley seems to understand as well, there is no real evidence supporting MM being in an alternate world

It's time to end this madness once and for all. MM is in an alternate world. This is on Nintendo's website: ''Game Overview Link must save the world! This time, he finds himself trapped in Termina, an alternate version of Hyrule that is doomed to destruction in just three short days.'' It says right here, alternate version of Hyrule. Here is the link to the site if you do not believe me http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/7OfVrKE-E5ri9Rjnqx9FBs0gIzJGZtns

I like how you claim there is an official timeline, but then go one to say that you have to research the games to realize it. Thats called specualtion (although I do largely agree with your timeline). Again you show your knack for stating your beliefs as fact.

I don't see how there is no real evidence that Termina is in an alternate world when I have posted plenty, and you have not posted anything to back up your belief that it is a neighboring country.

-If Koume and Kotake were evil, which they would be since they raised Ganondorfand supported his rise to power, then they would not feel the need to help Link. It also makes no sense that they would ditch Hyrule so quickly and go to Termina to open a potion shop? Why? There is no evidence to support this. It makes much more sense that they are simply the Termna versions of the witches.

-Why would Nintendo include the portal in the clock tower if Termina is not in another dimension? It certainly seems more logical that the portal was there because Link crossed a dimensional threshhold. If these effects "mean nothing", then why are they there? It makes much more sense to conclude that a portal would take Link to another world than it does to think it just placed him somewhere else in the same world.

-Skull Kid, Link, and the Happy Mask Salesman all remember Hyrule because thats where they are from. They are the only three we know of that have stumbled upon the portal.

-The developers decided that Termina is a parallel world to explain the reuse of the character models. Simple as that.

Someone should email Nintendo to ask them to confirm this once and for all. It wouldn't be considered a spoiler so I don't think they'd have a reason to not give us a straight answer.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm not kidding at all.They are different from normal Gerudo women because they are witches, but they are still from the same tribe as far as we know. Ganondorf is no simple human, he is a gerudo male, which are born once every hundred years. Even before attaining the triforce of power he blasted link with that magic ball outside hyrule castle market which means he is a sorcerer. He also has the same green tinted dark skin as Kotake and Koume, so it can be assumed that he is more like them than the rest of his tribe, and if they can live for 400 years so can Ganondorf.

I know that he's more powerful than all the other Gerudo, but he's still clearly human. Koume and Kotake even look different than a mere mortal.

Bottom line is, as bradley seems to understand as well, there is no real evidence supporting MM being in an alternate world (parallel dimension; whatever you want to call it). Model reuse and special effects at the beginning of the game mean nothing. The manual quote sounds to me like a mix of mistranslation, poor wording, lack of effort in being factual, and being metaphorical. Again, nothing against you if you take "a kind of parallel world" as literal. I just think it's not enough to make such a huge claim. How does that parallel world exist? Why would the developers put the game in a totally different world? Why do Link and Skull Kid have memory of Hyrule Kingdom but nobody else? How did the travel between the worlds really occur? Why is the portal inside the clock tower? Why did Link go out into the field to depart from Termina if the portal is in the Clock Tower? None of it makes any sense but Termina simply being a border land leaves no questions. Labrynna, Holodrum, and Koholint Island all exist in the larger Hyrule world. Why not Termina? Oh and please stop saying Twinrova help you. They don't. Or rather, they don't help you do anything against evil. They run a potentially evil potion shop. One of them was hurt by skull kid. You delivered her a potion. She's grateful so you get a free boat ride from her because of her side tourist job. The other gives you the potion to be delivered because she is worried about her sister. Later, she sells and you buy. It's business. Neither one knows that Link is against evil and neither show any opposition to evil themselves.

You can believe all this if you want to, but it's official that Termina is a separate world from Hyrule.

And there is an official timeline. Those of us that have actually played through and extensively researched every Zelda game know the timeline. It's really rather clear from the games.
It's MC>FS>SS>OoT>WW>PH>ST
>MM>TP>FSA>ALttp>OoX>LA>LoZ>AoL

If you think there are any flaws and you have any evidence to back it up, please tell me. I'm pretty close to 100% sure about it though.

I'm not even going to get started on this timeline theory. It'd take way too long to explain how innacurate it is. And there is not an official timeline. Nintendo is taking it one game at a time so they don't force themselves to stay on a certain pattern and limit their ideas for future games. And this is coming from someone who has played the games and studied extensively. I used to actually be a timeline theorist. Then I realized that there's no possible way all the games can connect without contradiction. (And that it's also more about the games themselves.)

You can believe all this if you want to, but it's official that Termina is a separate world from Hyrule.
That's debatable. I have seen some pretty ridiculous stuff on the official Zelda NoA website in the past. Besides, I only sonsider developer quotes and in-game evidence canon.

Anyway, this conversation is getting off topic.

Now, knowing that skyward sword is a game that is not only the first in the timeline, but it also has been stated that the game is going reveal origins, so I'm pretty sure that this villain has some sort of connection to someone in the past games.

This could be anyone, maybe after you defeat the main boss some of his evil was left behind, maybe this evil 'collected' together and after hundreds of years and it created Ganondorf, which some very nice(maybe not so nice) green ladies found him and raised him. Although this little theory came up from the top of my head and may have plot holes, I do believe that this villain is connected somehow to someone in other Zelda games. If its the start of the master sword, it has to be the start of something else, right?

Nintendo just wanted to make a new zelda game that was of high quality and fast and cheap. So what did they do? they used all of the same character models from ocarina of time. Then they called it an alternate world. It makes sense. To whoever thinks that it is a neighboring land why would everyone look exactly the same. And if the MOON was going to crash into a neighboring land wouldn't hyrule be in trouble as well. I mean... ITS THE MOON. There is hardly any evidence supporting the fact that it is a neighboring land. I also think everyone has a parallel. Links is the tingle or kafei (ya know because both link and kafei have been forced back into childhood even after being adults) and ganons parallel is the moon....JUST LOOK AT THEM...

P.S all of that parallel stuff is just what i like to think for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom