• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim Vs Demise

D

Doctor_PB

Ghirahim would easily be the best choice for a final villain even though Demise had all the anticipation built up for his arrival.

M

MrEliteRocker

I enjoyed Demise, the only battle with Ghirahim that I enjoyed was the last one. I really enjoyed the inventive manner to use the Skyward Strike in the final battle, and owning Demise was alot more satisfying then Ghirahim ever was.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I'm still trying beat Ghirahim, my arm and wrist were so sore after tying the first time that I sort of gave up for now........ Really need to go back and do that, but MM and MC have been distracting me.:)

No? Demise should definately have been the final boss. Hello, have you not payed attention to the storyline? Ghirahim is a SWORD that belongs to demise. Sure, ghirahim was a great boss, but he sure isn't what a final boss should be, considering you've already fought him multiple times throughout the game.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
I liked Demise because he very much represented the evil that Link fights, only in his purest form. I also liked that he looked a lot like Ganondorf.

i think demise was such an odd character... i loved ghirahim though, totally my favorite. the outfit, attitude haha XD

Yeah...like Link KO's him while he's dancing. And after you've beaten Demise, he gets up in a rage and then you fight him!

R

RocketKnighter

I feel that Demise was just thrown in at the end. Ghirahim actually followed you throughout the game, and he was more of a villain to me than Demise was. Demise wasn't in the game for long, and didn't have any development. Not to mention, the fight with Demise was pretty underwhelming compared to the battle you just had with Ghirahim, in fact all three duels with him are more fun and challenging than Demise's. Fighting Demise was like fighting a stranger, while fighting Ghirahim felt like I was finally putting an end to a maniac's plot for world domination. I love this game for letting me refight bosses at Lanayru Gorge because I would be lost without redoing the Ghirahim duels.

Ghirahim > Demise

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yeah Demise seemed to be just thrown in at the last minute....I know it was hinted at throughout the game and he was infact The Imprisoned, It just felt like Oh so this guy is just your sword? And then you turn out to be weaker than your sword? :/

Ghirahim was really weird but he was what a villain should be! We seen him throughout the game and each time we encountered him he got steonger and his attitude changed towards Link...This made for a great character development and most importantly a great rivalry!

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
As my name suggests

Ghirahim was ridiculous. He dragged down the game for me with all those antics. His fights were awesome, but he was not. Demise should have been the villain the whole game. He was intimidating and succeeded at an awesome and challenging boss fight. Ghirahim should have just been that lacky he had by his side whom he kills for failure. Demise should totally reappear, although i know this won't happen any time soon.

I thought both Ghirahim and Demise were well executed characters although I slightly prefer Ghirahim.

Ghirahim is one of the most developed antagonists in the series. I felt as though Nintendo's developers were inspired by anime in crafting a quirky character with a passion for bloodshed. My love for anime peaked my interest in the character when he was first announced. I've also always been a fan of character metamorphosis which Ghirahim accomplishes both physically and psychologically throughout the adventure. In the Skyview Temple he's content with toying around with Link whereas in the Sealed Grounds he unleashes his inner demon and desires nothing short of Link's destruction.

Demise is a great battle in its own right but I felt as though his overconfidence was hardly justified after Link defeated his most loyal servant. Following a stellar assessment of Link as swordsman, wolf, and cavalier in Twilight Princess, a mere sword bout felt hollow and disappointing even with the lightning flashiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom