• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim Vs Demise

Both of the fights are very easy, especially demise. I got kinda disappointed with that since I expected a way more hard battle.

Makar

I am the wannabe Kokiri!
I feel that the way the final boss was excellent in Skyward Sword, we got this built up slowly character of Ghirahim and slowly got to know more about him while towards the end of the game Demise is built up as an almighty being that can't be held and is surely going to escape then the final boss arrives as three parts : The mob battle, three phases of Ghirahim then two of Demise. I feel it was a great climatic ending.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I found Ghirahim easy. Very easy. Beat him first time without using potions. Then.....Demise comes along. It took me three tries to beat him, and barely. The first part of the battle was dull, yes, but when lightning started raining down from the sky to use as skyward strikes, it turned epic. :P

But don't you think it would be a little anti-climatic if the final boss was Ghirahim? I mean, you fight him two times before in the game, and then the third time you fight him is the last boss fight. Sure, Ghirahim was a good opponent, but (to me,) Demise was MUCH, MUCH more difficult. I got tired of Ghirahim after the second time, and the third time took me less than 3 minutes. And plus, if Demise wasn't in the game, how would we know why Ganondorf rose to power in Ocarina of Time? (To me,) Demise was a good final boss, in terms of both difficulty and chronology.

DEMISE ALL THE WAY! I had it more easy and predictable with Ghirahim. * spoiler* It didn't take too long till I realized how weak Ghirahims sword was and that I was breaking it and I died three times before I could find out that I needed to catch lightning for a skyward strike * end of spoiler* and Demise was more tough, fearsome, contenting.

I personally found Demise more difficult in his Imprisoned forms. Hmm...

Anyway... Ghirahim was effective at each encounter gameplay-wise, but to face him as a final boss probably would not have worked well story-wise...

H

HerSweetness

I liked the final battle set-up the way it was. :3 Fighting Ghirahim all throughout SS was so wonderful and then finally getting to see the guy he worked so hard for and see the two of them fight together *winkwinknudgenudge* was super cool. <3

Demise for some reason was much more harder for me than Ghirahim. I cut down ghirahim like he was nothing, then almost died against Demise.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Demise left me with 1 heart. Ghirahim left me with 15/17(first playthrough) I liked both of the battles, but Demise was more fun for me. Maybe he could have been varied a little, but I really liked it. Probably more than most any final boss in the series. Otherwise Ganondorf from TP or WW. I really enjoy man-man fights. Dark link is among my favs too (from OoT. I haven't finished AoL :( )

I liked how they clumped the two together, but all of you are correct with saying that both battles, in their own ways, were lacking. Ghirahim was easy to predict as we have faced him two times in the past and Demise's battle tactic (or lack thereof) was so easy to defeat with a simple shield bash. I do prefer the Ghirahim fight over the Demise battle, if not for the time required and the timing factor alone.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I completely agree, while the fight with demise was epic, ghiramhim would've filled the spot much better. I think the plot shouldve started the same way, Ghirahim working for a "master" of some sort, but then throughout the game Ghirahim becomes fed up and completely overpowers demise. If they did this though theyd have to make demise somewhat less intimidating and ghirahim a bit more intimidating. In regards to the battles, Demise was alot tougher but I enjoyed the battle with Ghirahim much more

Over9000Gingers

I want fries.
I'm suprised that anyone can find Ghirahim harder than Demise. I thought Ghirahim was easy and predicable. He took 4 hearts from me, while Demise took two heart++ potions.

This.

Ghirahim was easy all of the times. Demise was super frustrating and yet really fun to fight (Debby was too, but Demise was just more epic).

I totally enjoyed how it was just blade to blade, like Master Sword against opposite master sword lol. He may have been predictable, I guess, but it was hard as ____!! You couldn't really attack because of little time you had to, making it tedious.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I personally found Ghirahim to be an easy boss. ESPECIALLY easy with the last battle.
Demise was more difficult due to the fact every time you'd prepare a 'skyward strike' he'd lash at you.
Demise was a pretty good final boss, although Ghirahim was an excellent fight leading up to Demise's encounter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom