• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim Not Looking Quite So Fabulous in New Artwork

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
1. Ghirahim slowly takes on evil powers from the imprisoned, but he fails to kill Link with them. Then the imprisoned shows up-either Ghirahim gets taken and forced into the anti-master sword, or Ghirahim tries to overthrow his master, but gets screwed over.

2. Ghirahim obtains powers to resurrect his master, then when his master falls, Ghirahim absorbs his powers and uses them for himself, so it becomes the final battle-a fusion of Ghirahim and his master.

I'm inclined to go with the first theory, as Ghirahim really does look like the anti-master sword.

I am also inclined to go with your first theory. I think the big black guy, who I think is the King of Darkness or Demon King, looks nothing like Ghirahim at all and If nintendo made a fusion he would at least retain some similarity to Ghirahim. This guy could not be more opposite.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
He's an arrogant chap though. Perhaps he is enjoying the fact that he is going to capture zelda or something and obtain more power and save himself, he probably is in denial about the severity of his problem anyway.

No. When something like that is happening to you, you don't ignore it. When you're being transformed, you know it and it's undeniable.

I agree that they shouldn't make Ghirahim another Zant, but, actually, I would be perfectly fine with him becoming the Anti-Master Sword. To not actually be just a pawn, but an actual tool of the main villain, technically, you're also fighting Ghirahim in the final fight. However, there's also something to take into account if those rumors are true: Ghirahim simply wants to absorb his master's power. If that is true, than the transformation could (possibly) be unwilling, but, we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, but in doing this, it would ruin what Ghirahim is. He's this awesome villain who, even though an underling, has immense power and is a lethal threat to the world in his own right. After all the encounters with him and witnessing his power, seeing him turn into a sword would be...lame. I mean, really, just think about it. One option, he's all, "Oh, by the way, I'm a sword." *transforms* After seeing that, I'd say something like, "...Really? REALLY? After all that, you're just a stupid sword??" The other option, his master turns him into one. "Stupid underling, you're mine to command!" The general reaction to that would probably be something like, "Are you kidding me? After all that, he's cast aside like Zant was by being a stupid sword?!?" You get what I'm saying? It's just not like Nintendo to make the same mistake twice in a row, and I really don't think they will, especially with some of the developers being younger, one of them his first ever game development.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No. When something like that is happening to you, you don't ignore it. When you're being transformed, you know it and it's undeniable.
Some people deny the severity of their problems with cancer. This black stuff could be similar to that, spreading throughout his body corrupting him, consuming him. Perhaps he is thinking 'whatever,this may be happening but I'm going to take you and the whole world down with me'. Or perhaps he is just happy that he is transforming into a weapon to be of use to his master, we really don't know if he his actually trying to betray him or not.

Its much more logical to assume that Ghirahim is gaining power here instead of anything resembling cancer.

It should be noted that his chest looks somewhat similar to the flame-headed guy we saw earlier. Not sure what to make of this. It could mean several things, but we don't really have a clear indication of whhich theory is most accurate.

But why would the creeping blackness form a similar pattern to the character who is probably his master? I can't see the developers letting that happen coincidentally. I agree that it is the power inching its way through his body, but I think the end result will be a similar, if not the same, result as the other guy.

OH NOES!!! I cant believe i didnt even notice! I was only able to see the picture for a few seconds because of all the spoilers around it so i didnt see... now i feel like a terrible person!

Hopefully this is some kind of power the Ghirahim gained. But it is possible that this is some kind of dark force from his Master. What if his Master is Malledus, and needs to take someone's body in order to have a form? That may explain why they wanted Zelda...

I like the theory of the Twili. But if he does become the sword I'm going to be disappointed. They reused this concept at least a few times now. Minor Villain frees Main Villain -> Minor Villain Dies/Something bad happens -> Main Villain doesn't care. I don't believe this will happen it's been used in the previous game in development (don't count OoT3D as a game but a remake) he looks like Ghirahim is getting his demon form back. I mean I still have proof he isn't a sword:

- The red diamond isn't in his chest.
- His was seen during the intro about a war.

;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What makes the most sense to me is that Ghirahim is slowly but surely gaining power. Said power is enough to break the chains on his Master's prison, but then I suspect he'll be assimilated into his master's being to form either the final boss or a penultimate boss – I don't expect Ghirahim to live till the end of the story. Whether said assimilation will be painful to Ghirahim or welcomed and painless, I don't know, and nor do I claim to actually know if he WILL be absorbed, so to speak. Just what I am suspecting will happen.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I like the theory of the Twili. But if he does become the sword I'm going to be disappointed. They reused this concept at least a few times now. Minor Villain frees Main Villain -> Minor Villain Dies/Something bad happens -> Main Villain doesn't care. I don't believe this will happen it's been used in the previous game in development (don't count OoT3D as a game but a remake) he looks like Ghirahim is getting his demon form back. I mean I still have proof he isn't a sword:

- The red diamond isn't in his chest.
- His was seen during the intro about a war.

It's not proof though. It is only evidence making the theory less likely.It could very well still happen, that ghirahim becomes this evil sword or that Ghirahim is related to it somehow. On the ONM Ghirahim and Fi are both shown so that the viewer can see the diamonds. They are important, and if she has a blue one and is the spirit of the goddess sword why can't he be the demon of the demon's sword, because his diamond is red?

I wouldn't call this "artwork", though. It's simply a cut-out of him from a screenshot, since it matches the game's graphics. But, first thing I noticed is that he is no longer wearing his gloves. --And this is hard to tell by this particular image because his bangs are in the way, but I'm not sure if the rhomboidal mark on the left side of his face is there. If it is, I see this "black design" that you mentioned, scrawling over it. He said he is a Demon Lord, so he obviously isn't human. My first thought about this artwork was that he was being puppet-ed--or possessed, but now that I think about it, he could very well be releasing the "demon" within him.

Also, he isn't "fabulous", so stop calling him that. It got old really fast.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
He doesn't have the black marks when talking to Link in the Fire Sanctuary, only when fighting him. His corruption seems like a choice.

I forgot he wears gloves. This is the first time we've seen him without them. Maybe his arms have been like that.

I think Ghirahim might become the "anti-master" sword from this artwork: zelda_skyward_sword_art-33.jpg

Notice how Ghirahim has a red crystal on his belt, the anti-master sword has one on its hilt. The goddess sword (the one that fi turns into) has a blue crystal on its hilt, and Fi has a blue crystal on her chest. It makes some sense, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom