• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim in Skyward Sword put an end to my playing.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Don't try to make others share your negative opinions. I know many people didn't like Skyward Sword, but it wasn't the worst game ever made. It was better than you give it credit for.

It is in my best interests to point out the negatives and convert people if I can. Companies produce for what the market demands so the more people disliking SS the better, because it reduces likelihood of another similar game being produced with the same qualities that I dislike.

It is mediocre, I never said it was the worst game ever made. Aside from my personal dislike of its soundtrack which I found forgettable, my dislike of the segmented unnatural feeling overworld, my dislike of the art style from the gaudy colours to the unaesthetic enemy design. The fact is that not only being exactly what I didnt want from a Zelda game, SS has some major flaws which are not opinion based.

It did not deliver on the promises made by the developers in interviews. It contradicts the established lore. It also had control issues for many and certainly did not meet industry standards compared to other titles of 2011 even for a game which took 5 years to make.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Don't try to make others share your negative opinions. I know many people didn't like Skyward Sword, but it wasn't the worst game ever made. It was better than you give it credit for.

Don't try to force others to share your opinions, not everyone enjoyed the game leave them to it, and no in recent years SS wasn't THE worst zelda game Triforce Heroes takes that spot by a margin so wide not even jesus could bridge the gap, but SS comes as close as it can.

The control scheme alone put me off it in exactly the same manner ST did, the goddamn instrument, yeah fine for the main part of the game but you delve into anything else such as the harp playing in the pumpkin cafe and you quickly learn it's bollocked as hell, there ain't any rhyme it just randomly works or doesn't.

I'll be honest i found each of the bosses in the game to be rather repetitive and gaudy, the weakpoints were obvious and clearly shown and in those that weren't, in this case Ghirahim, it didn't capitalize on forcing you to think. Ghirahim is shown to be powerful and fast yet in each fight dude goes down so fast that it just depressing and the final boss, HA not even worthy of it, what final boss goes down in under a minute.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
The control scheme alone put me off it in exactly the same manner ST did, the goddamn instrument, yeah fine for the main part of the game but you delve into anything else such as the harp playing in the pumpkin cafe and you quickly learn it's bollocked as hell, there ain't any rhyme it just randomly works or doesn't.
Lol I hated that too! In ST I swear I had to try some of those flute songs 30 times... Same with Kina's harp song, but no it isn't just random, it is timing. But using the instrument has never been my favorite part of a Zelda game, because I would always forgot the songs by the next time I needed them and then I'd have to find it in the menu again... I think Zelda could do without an obligatory instrument for once. :(

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Lol I hated that too! In ST I swear I had to try some of those flute songs 30 times... Same with Kina's harp song, but no it isn't just random, it is timing. But using the instrument has never been my favorite part of a Zelda game, because I would always forgot the songs by the next time I needed them and then I'd have to find it in the menu again... I think Zelda could do without an obligatory instrument for once. :(

Are sure it was timing? I matched that damn harp perfectly to the hand waving, HELL i even did it in reverse and i still got a fail, yet my parent who is significantly less skilled at games not to mention having poorer reflexes and timing manged the damn thing first go.

I've had it claim i've done it right when i've half assed and screwed it up completely and only twice when i did it the "correct" way

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
Don't try to force others to share your opinions, not everyone enjoyed the game leave them to it, and no in recent years SS wasn't THE worst zelda game Triforce Heroes takes that spot by a margin so wide not even jesus could bridge the gap, but SS comes as close as it can.

I'll be honest i found each of the bosses in the game to be rather repetitive and gaudy, the weakpoints were obvious and clearly shown and in those that weren't, in this case Ghirahim, it didn't capitalize on forcing you to think. Ghirahim is shown to be powerful and fast yet in each fight dude goes down so fast that it just depressing and the final boss, HA not even worthy of it, what final boss goes down in under a minute.

I'm not trying to make anyone share my opinions. I just don't like seeing people hate on something. You can dislike a game without claiming it was the worst thing that's ever happened to you.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Haha! There we go, I can't even fathom how you would think that TP's bossfights are any good at all, but maybe you enjoy 3-hit wonders. As far as the worst Zelda game ever made... Try playing the CDI games sometime. :P I can promise that they are worse.
And as for video games... I've played A LOT of terrible games, E.T. anyone?

Well, I can tell you I thoroughly enjoyed the dungeon design and boss fights of Twilight Princess, but certainly thought the item usage was not done properly. For example, the spinner is one of the coolest items in any Zelda game, but it gets extremely limited use. The dungeon boss where you get the spinner used the spinner in a very interesting way, and it was one of my favorite boss fights ever. But then, after that, you never have to use the spinner again.

I never played the CDi games, and I probably never will. I also never played E.T. or Superman 64, so I guess I should amend my comment and say "one of the worst video games I've ever played" and leave it at that.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Well, I can tell you I thoroughly enjoyed the dungeon design and boss fights of Twilight Princess, but certainly thought the item usage was not done properly. For example, the spinner is one of the coolest items in any Zelda game, but it gets extremely limited use. The dungeon boss where you get the spinner used the spinner in a very interesting way, and it was one of my favorite boss fights ever. But then, after that, you never have to use the spinner again.
That is exactly how I felt about that boss too! I guess TP did have a few good boss fights, like Zant, who i'm pretty sure is just my favorite fight in the series, but most of them were easier than the minibosses (which were great). And I loved the spinner too, maybe we'll get something like that to shield sled on without breaking it in BOTW. That would be neat.
Are sure it was timing? I matched that damn harp perfectly to the hand waving, HELL i even did it in reverse and i still got a fail, yet my parent who is significantly less skilled at games not to mention having poorer reflexes and timing manged the damn thing first go.

I've had it claim i've done it right when i've half assed and screwed it up completely and only twice when i did it the "correct" way
lol I know how it feels bro. But I'm sure it isn't luck based ( just blame the motion controls, everyone else does ;) ), funny story though. And the instructions suck really bad. But I somehow figured it out and did it a few times in a row. :/ I bet if I tried it now I would fail horribly though. I hate the instruments so much...
I remember that I had to use it in the Temple of Time, the City in the Sky, and Hyrule Castle :eek:
Haha, that's true. There is also one place to use it in the overworld to get a chest (if you are into that sort of thing). That's like four rooms in a dungeon and 5 other places. I'd say if you did it all perfectly you could beat the game and have only hopped on that thing less than 15 times. :O WHY TP!? This item could have been so good!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
lol I know how it feels bro. But I'm sure it isn't luck based ( just blame the motion controls, everyone else does ;) ), funny story though. And the instructions suck really bad. But I somehow figured it out and did it a few times in a row. :/ I bet if I tried it now I would fail horribly though. I hate the instruments so much...

naw i don't blame the motion controls if anything those were sometimes overly receptive, needing only a twitch to swing your sword, i mostly had grief getting the mote to register to the sensor bar or the game sometimes freezing in place, which looking on it now was probably due to my sensor bar being rather crap. I'd have to sit less than a foot for it to register the damn wiimote.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
the motion controls if anything those were sometimes overly receptive

That's exactly my complaint. The thing would capture small movement that were not intended to be sword swings far too often. I'm not saying I would swing my sword and nothing would happen—on the contrary. My sword would swing too often.

Haha, that's true. There is also one place to use it in the overworld to get a chest (if you are into that sort of thing). That's like four rooms in a dungeon and 5 other places. I'd say if you did it all perfectly you could beat the game and have only hopped on that thing less than 15 times. :O WHY TP!? This item could have been so good!

Yeah, I guess I forgot about those. But you got my point, which was that it wasn't used nearly enough for how cool of an item it was.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
naw i don't blame the motion controls if anything those were sometimes overly receptive, needing only a twitch to swing your sword, i mostly had grief getting the mote to register to the sensor bar or the game sometimes freezing in place, which looking on it now was probably due to my sensor bar being rather crap. I'd have to sit less than a foot for it to register the damn wiimote.
Well, that would definitely ruin the fun. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom