• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Ghirahim for Super Smash Bros.

What if, to replace Ganondorf, Nintendo implemented Girahaim instead? My feeling is that he would probably end up being like another Ike, but it could potentially be interesting.:ssb

I don't see Ganondorf being replaced, as Ganon/Ganondorf is the number one iconic villain of the series, and that isn't going to change anytime soon. But if Ganondorf did get replaced, or Sakurai out of the blue decided to add a fifth Zelda rep to the roster, I can definitely see Ghirahim getting the spot. Sakurai does like bringing in people from the latest game of a series, like the Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters we've had in the past, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

I'd like to see Ganondorf make use of his sword instead of being a Captain Falcon clone. Plus, as Vergo said, Ganondorf is too iconic to be cut.

For the longest time, I thought Ghirahim would be an assist trophy, but with people stating the trophy quiz from the Smash Direct could hint at upcoming characters as well as Ghirahim 's popularity, he could very well be a fighter. If he makes it into the game, I see him making great use of his teleportation technique to distinguish himself from other sword fighters.

I wouldn't mind it, I wouldn't play as him or anything, but it would be an interesting addition. Even with Link and Zelda appearing in their far superior TP designs, an SS character may not seem out of place with a WW rep. The problem is the series is already calling for 5 reps; Shiek and Zelda are separated now and Ganondorf still has a pretty clear landing. Not to mention Tingle having a much better shot.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I do not predict/expect or support any Zelda newcomers, Ghirahim included. Ganondorf will return, I'm sure, and I do not mind at all if he stays the same as in Brawl, is luigified further, or receives an entirely new moveset. If we were to get a new Zelda character, either to replace Ganondorf or exist beside him, no matter who it is, it would raise more than a few questions for me.

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
As an assist trophy maybe, but to replace Ganon? Nope, Ganon is an inconic character of the Zelda series, replacing him by new characters that only appeared in one game, even if it's recent one, is a bad idea.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Definitely not. I would lose faith in Smash Bros. if the added the character who is possibly my lease favorite. Also, I jsut can't see it happening, with him being in only one game, and that Ganondorf still have chances to become unique with Hyrule Warriors coming up some time this year. I mean, they could like, reveal Ganondorf in the trailer for Hyrule Warriors, and a new F-Zero game at E3, then show both of them in the E3 trailer for Super Smash Bros HD and 3D.

Ugh, no. Ghirahim's my least favorite villain in the Zelda series. Seeing him replacing Ganondorf is unlikely anyway since Ganondorf's a far more iconic villain than Ghirahim. However, due to him being a popular character (somehow), he may have a good chance in taking another slot.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I don't really WANT Ghirahim, but I can't really see anything but positives for putting him in the game. I don't expect an Ike clone though, as Ghirahim moves more like Marth. I actually like to see him with his own more diverse move set considering he has his diamonds and skyward strike. His final smash would probably be his final form (before his sword form), a kind of Wario effect where everything is amped up.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I'd rather see like Demise or MM Link with transformation masks or Ravio or something. Though I'm sure if Ghirahim was in the new SSB, I would be more than happy about it

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Heck yeah, I'm all up for it! Ghirahim sounds more fun to use, anyway. After all, Ganondorf is basically a 'slower and stronger' version of Captain Falcon. I know that Ganondorf is the main villain of the series, but Ghirahim is just... AWESOME.

If they're going to have Ganondorf in the next SSB, though, it would be better if he had his sword.

... Also, having both Link and Toon Link have practically the same moveset, just Toon Link being flat out better, was kind of stupid. I already know that they're both going to be in the next game, but I hope that they have different movesets this time. Like... give Toon Link the Skull Hammer. Hehehe...

So, yeah. I definitely want Ghirahim in the next one, whether he replaces Ganondorf or not. I don't see him replacing Ganondorf, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom