• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim Bind or Kill?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It could be retconned for Lord Ghirahim to have been long sealed away in the Twilight Realm during the events Ocarina of Time.

Any story of a Dark Tribe/Interloper might be indirectly speaking of Lord Ghirahim, as he is hinted to have been a part of said group(s) after all. :yes:

Hinted? They've done everything but come right out and told us. They did more to suggest he's a "dark interloper" than they did for the Hero's Shade being the Hero of Time.

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
i think he will be sealed in the twilight realm and/or link will deal the final blow but it will be left ambiguous whether or not he is dead.

Hinted? They've done everything but come right out and told us. They did more to suggest he's a "dark interloper" than they did for the Hero's Shade being the Hero of Time.

JJ, JJ, JJ, JJ, I was just telling BigBig that during OoT, Lord Ghirahim would be sealed in the Twilight Realm, hence no mention of him, especially if SS takes place multiple centuries before OoT. Going by retcon, he may have been referenced indirectly if he was a member of the Dark Interlopers; everything else is beside the point and could lead this thread off-topic.

Also, I'm not saying anything is absolute until Nintendo comes right out and says it. :yes:

That is all.

Why, though? If you think that's the case, state why or it's really not worth saying.

Reason being since he doesn't appear any other time, it wouldn't make sense.

He was killed, but he may not be completely dead. Since the ToP only left him due to the MS being shoved in an already weak point, his power failed him, as he's evil. The ToP is still out there, though. He can get it back some how and be revived. (I mean, come on, they're not gonna get rid of the main villain of the series on *both* timelines.)

Again, no confirmation he was killed, so it isn't fact.

Oh, I don't think we'll be seeing him in another game. He's not Ganondorf. He can't live forever, as he doesn't have a Triforce piece. I'm most certain he'll be sealed in the Mirror of Twilight, though.

Why do you say that? As you stated before, state why or it's not really worth stating.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
JJ, JJ, JJ, JJ, I was just telling BigBig that during OoT, Lord Ghirahim would be sealed in the Twilight Realm, hence no mention of him, especially if SS takes place multiple centuries before OoT. Going by retcon, he may have been referenced indirectly if he was a member of the Dark Interlopers; everything is beside the point and could lead this thread off-topic.

Also, I'm not saying anything is absolute until Nintendo comes right out and says it. :yes:

That is all.

I know what you were saying. I was continuing on something you said. That it was hinted. :D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It doesn't matter if Ghirahim can't live forever, I mean just look at the Twili. Can anyone take a gander at how long THEY'VE been sealed up? I'd say a lot longer than a regular Hylian's lifespan (assuming Hylian lifespan is similar to a real life human's, average being 60 years). He could easily make for another appearance. I'm willing to say that it would be in a spin off if it ever happens, though.

What is the point of sealing up a dangerous enemy in the Twilight Realm? As we've seen in TP, one can escape given they have the power. Why don't the sages just outright finish the badguys off to keep evil away for a longer time?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It doesn't matter if Ghirahim can't live forever, I mean just look at the Twili. Can anyone take a gander at how long THEY'VE been sealed up? I'd say a lot longer than a regular Hylian's lifespan (assuming Hylian lifespan is similar to a real life human's, average being 60 years). He could easily make for another appearance. I'm willing to say that it would be in a spin off if it ever happens, though.

Midna said it was their ancestors that were sealed. They have generations just like all the other races do.

I know what you were saying. I was continuing on something you said. That it was hinted. :D

Oh. Well, don't I feel dumb...! :lol: Heh heh... It's just we're always disagreeing on stuff, so it's kind of a force of habit. :sweat: ...heh heh. :yes:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Reason being since he doesn't appear any other time, it wouldn't make sense.

I see what you're saying, but you've got to remember, he hasn't been written into the series until now.

Why do you say that? As you stated before, state why or it's not really worth stating.

Well, I figured you'd know my explanation on that. I've said it many times. And it's really quite long, but there's no way Ghirahim isn't a "dark interloper". The evidence is undeniable. There's some thread about the "pale figure" where I went into huge detail about why I thought he would be one, so I'll try to find it.

Ok, here's an excerpt from that thread I mentioned. (Most of it was me saying what he couldn't be, which was the "sword girl", the Guilded Sword, and Vaati.)

Now, that basically leaves two options: a "dark interloper" or something completely new. I consider both of these options equally possible. However, I’m 99.99999...% on the “dark interloper” side. (I can’t say 100% because it hasn’t been confirmed.) I say this because of the evidence we’re given to support it. And here’s the thing: there’s nothing to contradict it. I’ll prove it. We know that the “dark interlopers” were part of a war for the Sacred Realm. Some people would say, “Well, that’s the war in Ocarina of Time’s back-story. The “Unifying War.” I say otherwise. Yes, the “Unifying War” was over gaining access to the Sacred Realm and the power held within it, just like the war mentioned by Lanayru in Twilight Princess. However, the Temple of Time had already been constructed before the “Unifying War.” Proof? Well, there’s a little story in Ocarina of Time that tells of a boy who’s mother was mortally wounded. This boy’s mother took him to the Great Deku Tree Kokiri Forest out of desperation. We know this child to be the Link of Ocarina of Time. Unless that Link lived a veeeeeeery long time and stayed a baby during it, the “Unifying War” has to be right before the events of Ocarina of Time.

Now, more about the Temple of Time itself. Rauru said, “We ancient Sages built the Temple of Time…” Ancient Sages. That means that the Temple of Time was built in ancient times, long before Ocarina of Time. Plus, we know that in the war mentioned in Twilight Princess, the Sacred Realm was open to where it could be accessed by anyone. The Temple of Time was built as a defense for the Sacred Realm with the Master Sword as the final barrier, as well as the key to opening the Sacred Realm itself. All that said, the “Unifying War” and the war in Twilight Princess’s back-story can’t be one-in-the-same. This leaves a perfect spot for the “dark interlopers” to come about in Skyward Sword, as it’s set before Ocarina of Time. And, with the “army of evil” mentioned and the fact that Skyloft is part of Hyrule, the war mentioned in Twilight Princess has a strong possibility of being in Skyward Sword’s back-story, if not still going on in-game. The “dark interlopers” being sealed at the end of the game would work perfectly, as well. Saying that, --kind of off topic, but it ties in -- what better time for the Temple of Time to be constructed than after the events of Skyward Sword? And wouldn’t it make sense for the Skyward Sword to become the Master Sword at that point? While that’s just speculation, it’s a good prediction. This is why I say that the “pale figure” is a “dark interloper,” if not their leader. Now, yes, I did say that I think it’s equally possible for the “pale figure” to be something entirely new, but that’s only because we don’t know what or who he is yet. All that said, there's really no possibility for this "pale figure" to be anything but a "dark interloper" or something entirely new. That's what I got.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't know whether Ghirahim will be sealed or killed and it could work either way, however I believe that the rest of his tribe will be sealed in the twilight realm whether he joins them or not and they will go on to become the twili.

L

linkfan

Ghirahim will probably die, because in OoT there's no mention of him. (Although Nintendo might make another game in between SS & Oot). But he doesn't seem as, well, stupid as Gannondorf, and his actions probably have a reason behind them. Gannondorf really just wanted to rule Hyrule.
There's no mention of him in OoT because wasn't part of the series at the time

I think that though he isnt the head honcho...Ghirahim will still be the last boss, surviving something that kills his leaders......IF this game is associated swith Twilight princess then he and/or his tribe must be sealed away to the other realm (its not known as the twilight realm until much later if i remember)

Ive been playing twilight princess and its hit me that there are so many references from characters that the master sword cannot be touched by those with evil hearts...so maybe he does get a hold of it but that in itself banishes him...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom