• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Ghirahim and Phi

Ok so As you know,Ghirahim is a sword,like Phi but Did any notice...

Phi=Good sword
Ghirahim=Evil sword
heres the point:
Ghi
Phi
Ghirahim has Phi's name in his name but replacing the P with a G.AAAAAnd depending on how you say it,Ghi can rhyme with Phi!Sorry:i forgot!Phi is now Fi.But did anyone notice that while it lasted?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
It sounds sort of like my Ghirahim and Phi have a Nnoitra nel relation ship with Nnoitra being extremely evil( and being Ghirahim)and nel (being phi) being The same but a "lighter version"(lighter as in good and evil) of him, but it is just a name I thought this way because of the cut seen after you beat Ghirahim the first time.

I'm not sure on this, but I vaguely recall Fi's name being spelled "F I" to begin with. It was later suggested by others, including myself, that it was either a misspelling or tentative name, and "Phi" would be more appropriate. Reasons behind such a suggestion revolves around such things as the Greek letter phi, among other things.

Though, many have been postulating a possible connection between the characters Fi and Ghirahim from the start. :yes:

PS. I believe there is already an existing thread that covers this topic...

Last edited by a moderator:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The official spelling is Fi, so the names themselves don't have any connection.

Anyway, you beat me to the punch on this. I was going to say something of my own on this topic. Most people probably assume Ghirahim is part of a sword because Fi is. I don't think that's the case. Fi was created by Hylia, and it seems (to me) to have been a recent creation, i.e. when Hylia incarnated herself into Zelda. (That's not fact, though.) Even if that isn't true, I say that Hylia created Fi to work like Ghirahim did with Demise when the Demon Lords and their king attacked. After seeing that, I think she decided to do the same thing with Link on his journey. I have a few reasons for saying this, but the latest one is because Ghirahim calls Demise "Master," just like Fi does with Link. That's not a coincidence. Believe what you want, but I'm sticking with that Hylia created Fi based on what she saw with Ghirahim and Demise.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Believe what you want, but I'm sticking with that Hylia created Fi based on what she saw with Ghirahim and Demise.
Actually, I believe Fi's original purpose was to inform Link about his destiny. We know from spoilers and the like that Hylia in the World of the Past had just recently sealed Demise away. She already knew, or at least I suppose she knew, that the seal wouldn't hold for much longer and I AM ASSUMING she then made Fi as well as the Goddess Sword – the sword would sometime evolve to the Blade of Evil's Bane (don't know if Hylia did or did not know about this), and Fi's purpose as a spirit residing in the sword was to inform the wielder of his/her purpose. I do not know any of that to be fact, but then again it doesn't seem so far fetched.

Ghirahim, on the other hand, seems to be a vessel for a weapon as well as a catalyst for destruction (Demise). I wouldn't say he is a weapon outright, because of some spoiler related things, so vessel seems most appropriate.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Actually, I believe Fi's original purpose was to inform Link about his destiny. We know from spoilers and the like that Hylia in the World of the Past had just recently sealed Demise away. She already knew, or at least I suppose she knew, that the seal wouldn't hold for much longer and I AM ASSUMING she then made Fi as well as the Goddess Sword – the sword would sometime evolve to the Blade of Evil's Bane (don't know if Hylia did or did not know about this), and Fi's purpose as a spirit residing in the sword was to inform the wielder of his/her purpose. I do not know any of that to be fact, but then again it doesn't seem so far fetched.

Ghirahim, on the other hand, seems to be a vessel for a weapon as well as a catalyst for destruction (Demise). I wouldn't say he is a weapon outright, because of some spoiler related things, so vessel seems most appropriate.

This is why I said "based off of."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom