• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghiraham = Same Influence to Series As Ganondorf

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
One of the Zelda team guys that was interviewed during E3 stated that the events of Skyward Sword lead up to OoT. Now this doesn't mean they can't put games in between these two (they can do or change anything if they feel like it), but it does seem to suggest that this game won't be close to 1000 years before OoT, more likely around 100 or so. It also seems to suggest that OoT could be thought of as a direct sequel to SS, which would mean that the ending of SS will setup the beginning of OoT.

He may not have meant it in this way, but that is what I got out of it.

The problem with it being 100 years is that 100 years isn't ancient. The Master Sword became the Master Sword in ancient times, as the Temple of Time was built to house it, and it was made in ancient times. Plus, the Master Sword is legendary. Things don't become legend over 100 years. Just sayin'.

The problem with it being 100 years is that 100 years isn't ancient. The Master Sword became the Master Sword in ancient times, as the Temple of Time was built to house it, and it was made in ancient times. Plus, the Master Sword is legendary. Things don't become legend over 100 years. Just sayin'.

That's true. So I guess I'm not sure how to take his quote then. Either the word "ancient" doesn't really mean too much to the development team, or he was just suggesting that the creation of the Master Sword and Temple of Time in SS sets the stage for the events of OoT.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
That's true. So I guess I'm not sure how to take his quote then. Either the word "ancient" doesn't really mean too much to the development team, or he was just suggesting that the creation of the Master Sword and Temple of Time in SS sets the stage for the events of OoT.

This is why I say the "Interloper War" and the Unification war aren't the same. It took me a bit to come to this conclusion, as I assumed they were the same when TP came out.

This is why I say the "Interloper War" and the Unification war aren't the same. It took me a bit to come to this conclusion, as I assumed they were the same when TP came out.

Is it your opinion that we have not seen the Unification War in a game and that SS will show us the Interloper War?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Is it your opinion that we have not seen the Unification War in a game and that SS will show us the Interloper War?

The Unification War was just in the backstory to Ocarina of Time. It's never been in a game, no. In fact, no war has ever directly taken place in a Zelda game. And, yes, I believe the IW will be taking place in SS. I also believe we will see the Temple of Time constructed at the end of the game.

The Unification War was just in the backstory to Ocarina of Time. It's never been in a game, no. In fact, no war has ever directly taken place in a Zelda game. And, yes, I believe the IW will be taking place in SS.

Makes sense, and I agree with that. So are you hoping for a game in the future that is set within the timeframe of the Unification War? I'm not convinced yet that this Ghirahim guy is the "Ultimate" antagonist in SS, but whoever it is, then I could imagine the development team using the setting of the Unification War to bring back that the same villian (they love to reuse villians, you know). Maybe Ghirahim/SS final boss is the one that incites the war, and his defeat leads to the peace amongst the various tribes? I'm sure Ganondorf could have a significant background role in a game like that, and it would setup OoT perfectly.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Makes sense, and I agree with that. So are you hoping for a game in the future that is set within the timeframe of the Unification War?

Not necessarily. I mean, the game would have to end with the war starting, as it pretty much has to take place either right before or right after Link's birth, as he was an infant when his wounded mother took him to the Deku Tree. That just doesn't seem like a good ending to me for a Zelda game.

I'm not convinced yet that this Ghirahim guy is the "Ultimate" antagonist in SS, but whoever it is, then I could imagine the development team using the setting of the Unification War to bring back that the same villian (they love to reuse villians, you know). Maybe Ghirahim/SS final boss is the one that incites the war, and his defeat leads to the peace amongst the various tribes? I'm sure Ganondorf could have a significant background role in a game like that, and it would setup OoT perfectly.

The final boss may actually be a group of people, as he says "we" and "us" when Ghirahim's talking about trying to capture Zelda. But, anyway, I am gonna say 100% that Ganondorf won't be in the game. Ganondorf's origins are in Ocarina of Time, and since there's no way this can be the backstory to Ocarina of Time, there's no way anything with Ganondorf can be in it.

I totally agree that Ganondorf will not appear in SS. It just doesn't make sense. SS takes place before OoT correct? Well I'm sure we all remember Ganondorf being invited into Hyrule Castle by the King in Oot. The Royal Family had no idea he was evil and what his intentions were. If Ganon is in SS, the Royal Family would have known who he truly is and he would have never been in Hyrule Castle in Oot.

Not necessarily. I mean, the game would have to end with the war starting, as it pretty much has to take place either right before or right after Link's birth, as he was an infant when his wounded mother took him to the Deku Tree. That just doesn't seem like a good ending to me for a Zelda game.

The final boss may actually be a group of people, as he says "we" and "us" when Ghirahim's talking about trying to capture Zelda. But, anyway, I am gonna say 100% that Ganondorf won't be in the game. Ganondorf's origins are in Ocarina of Time, and since there's no way this can be the backstory to Ocarina of Time, there's no way anything with Ganondorf can be in it.

Oh, what I meant was Ganondorf could have a background role in a hypothetical Unification War-based Zelda game. And they (the development team) might try and return the SS boss for that game...UNLESS the SS boss turns out to be the group of Interlopers who are banned to the Twilight Realm and become the Twili. In that case, I'm not sure who would be a potential "boss" for this hypothetical Unification War game....maybe it could be the King of the Zoras or something, and the defeat of the King is what brings peace and unification between Hyrule and the Zoras.

I highly doubt that Ghiraham will have as big an impact as ganondorf because Ganon have been the main villian since the very first Zelda game, also, I think the Plot will twist and we will get some other main evil dude/gal, I hope it's beast Ganon, he would look kick *** in the SS graphics

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Oh, what I meant was Ganondorf could have a background role in a hypothetical Unification War-based Zelda game. And they (the development team) might try and return the SS boss for that game...UNLESS the SS boss turns out to be the group of Interlopers who are banned to the Twilight Realm and become the Twili. In that case, I'm not sure who would be a potential "boss" for this hypothetical Unification War game....maybe it could be the King of the Zoras or something, and the defeat of the King is what brings peace and unification between Hyrule and the Zoras.

Interesting idea, but the Unification War was settled by the King, hence the name of the war. Hyrule was unified through it. Link was just a baby, so I don't think there will be a game where the Unification War takes place. That's just my opinion, though.

I highly doubt that Ghiraham will have as big an impact as ganondorf because Ganon have been the main villian since the very first Zelda game, also, I think the Plot will twist and we will get some other main evil dude/gal, I hope it's beast Ganon, he would look kick *** in the SS graphics

We know that he's working with someone or multiple people, as he uses the words "we" and "us" when referring to capturing Zelda. However, I don't think it'll be anyone over him (as he made it sound like someone equal) and I know it won't be Ganon. He won't be in the game.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Why is everyone assuming Ganondorf is the same guy in every game and that this game is 100 or more years before Ocarina of Time? It has never been stated. You can try as hard as you can to find something in Ocarina of Time to prove it but each Zelda game is a standalone game with a new story (except sequels) that can sometimes be put somewhere if thought about.

I don't think Ghirahim is the next Ganondorf but more like the next Zant. Ganon has to be in this game. He just needs too. He is the third piece of the Triforce, why take that away? They kept it a secret in TP, hopefully they do it again but better this time.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
Well, this game is gonna take far longer than 100 years before Ocarina of Time, I'm pretty sure of that. But as to if a game could come in-between, I don't know. I'm positive we won't see Ghirahim again, as I can guarantee you he's a "dark interloper" (yes, I'm calling it 100%), but a game in-between SS and OoT...possibly. I don't see why Nintendo couldn't do that.

I agree. It wouldn't be possible in some cases because of the timeline. It also seems he is not a Dark Interloper. But, even if he does become a main villan in new gma, I don't think he will have the signifigance of Gannon. First, because we are more familiar with Gannon. Second, he is so... different than other villians that some Zelda fans may find him to ridiculous. But, this is simply an opinion. We still need more infomation on the game to figure out if he could be as great (or greater) as Gannon.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
I had an idea of maybe the events surrounding Ghiraham prompt the Gerudo race and Ganondorf maybe to step up their game or something in the future. Sort of setting up for Ganondorf to try and take control or something.
my theory is something similar in that i think that Ghirahim won't be in any other games outside of Skyward Sword but that he might be influential in some way to Ganondorf.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Why is everyone assuming Ganondorf is the same guy in every game and that this game is 100 or more years before Ocarina of Time? It has never been stated. You can try as hard as you can to find something in Ocarina of Time to prove it but each Zelda game is a standalone game with a new story (except sequels) that can sometimes be put somewhere if thought about.

I don't think Ghirahim is the next Ganondorf but more like the next Zant. Ganon has to be in this game. He just needs too. He is the third piece of the Triforce, why take that away? They kept it a secret in TP, hopefully they do it again but better this time.

First off, it's the same Ganondorf/Ganon throughout all the games. Second, Ganondorf can't be in this game, as his origins are in Ocarina of Time. So he doesn't "have to be." In fact, it's the total opposite. Plus, the Triforce is whole in this game. It didn't split until Ganondorf touched it in OoT.

It also seems he is not a Dark Interloper.

What makes you say that? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to degrade you, here, but there's so much evidence for him being one. So much that I'm confident he'll be one. Like, 100% confident. (No, I'm not saying I know everything.)

Of course, unless you're talking about Ganondorf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom