• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghiraham = Same Influence to Series As Ganondorf

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
First off, it's the same Ganondorf/Ganon throughout all the games. Second, Ganondorf can't be in this game, as his origins are in Ocarina of Time. So he doesn't "have to be." In fact, it's the total opposite. Plus, the Triforce is whole in this game. It didn't split until Ganondorf touched it in OoT.

I want proof of him being the same in every game. Back it up.

Also, in general he is a third of the triforce. That's what he is known as.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I want proof of him being the same in every game. Back it up.

He's the same Ganondorf in WW as the one that took over Hyrule after Link pulled out the Master Sword and slept for 7 years. The Ganondorf of TP is the one that was driven out before he could come to power when Link came back to his own time. The "divine prank of the gods" mentioned in TP would be the Triforce breaking on its own somehow, and Ganondorf got the ToP and became "blind to any danger." The one if FSA is described as a child who grew up in the desert and was corrupted over time. That sounds a lot like the Ganondorf of OoT. The Ganon in the original games is the same one as the one from Ocarina of Time, as all of them are, as OoT was a prequel to ALttP to explain Ganon's origins. The one in OoX is most likely the Ganon from ALttP.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Sounds like you're theorizing. And not enough proof, just assumptions. Like I said before, The Legend of Zelda has no real timeline. Just because they throw easter eggs and reference older games means nothing. Why not connect it to Mario and every other game Link appeared in, or try making a timeline for Super Mario. There is no timeline and it was never intended, until it got popular Nintendo flat out lied to our faces to make the games more interesting and sell more. They liked the attention, that's all.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Turo602 & JuiceJ:

Am I getting the wrong impression or are you guys fighting? Lets not force our beliefs in somebody else, shall we? After all, Nintendo has claimed to have a timeline file but they won't show it because they want everybody to take it the way they please. They didn't intend anybody to fight over it.

So, back on topic: If Ghirahim ever gets the spotlight Ganon/Ganondorf enjoys at the moment, it'll sure take him a few years to do it. After all, Ganon has been in at least half of the series and the final fight in Twilight Princess (one of the biggest examples of fan service I've ever seen) assumed that he's pretty much many people's favorite.

Personally, I think Ganon is getting old, so I'm all for a new big shot. But that's just me (I'll brake somethin' if he's the real villain, because I'm starting to dig Ghirahim, and he's faaabuulooouuus!).

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Turo602 & JuiceJ:

Am I getting the wrong impression or are you guys fighting? Lets not force our beliefs in somebody else, shall we? After all, Nintendo has claimed to have a timeline file but they won't show it because they want everybody to take it the way they please. They didn't intend anybody to fight over it.

No we're not fighting, just having an argument. Nothing personal, not trying to be an a**. It's just one of those non-serious arguments for fun. At least that's how I'm taking it.

And yeah, they haven't showed us cause it's not real. Don't believe everything you hear. Nintendo is good with tricking us.

Last edited:

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
And no we're not fighting, just having an argument. Nothing personal, not trying to be an a**. It's just one of those non-serious arguments for fun. At least that's how I'm taking it.

And yeah, they haven't showed us cause it's not real. Don't believe everything you hear. Nintendo is good with tricking us.

Note: I never said they have one. I said THEY CLAIM to have one. That's different.

Well, if you say that wasn't a fight, then I guess you're right. Just checkin', because it dang well looked like one.

AND JUST IN CASE, the key part of my last post was: "...because they want people to take it the way they please". Not the "Nintendo has claimed to have a timeline file but they won't show it..." part.

In other words, if you think there's no timeline, then lets leave it at that.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Note: I never said they have one. I said THEY CLAIM to have one. That's different.

Well, if you say that wasn't a fight, then I guess you're right. Just checkin', because it dang well looked like one.

AND JUST IN CASE, the key part of my last post was: "...because they want people to take it the way they please". Not the "Nintendo has claimed to have a timeline file but they won't show it..." part.

In other words, if you think there's no timeline, then lets leave it at that.

The way you said made it seem as if you believed that claim.

Also, it's more about fact then belief. The Legend of Zelda isn't a religion, it's a video game. At this point it's practically fact that there is no timeline. Just look at it's history. Miyamoto couldn't even get his facts straight. He just went with it because it got popular.

I'm not trying to be a buzz kill, I enjoy seeing the many ways the Zelda series can connect, but I don't take it serious cause there is no real timeline or connection. It's just interesting seeing the brilliance that is Nintendo and how clever they were with the Zelda series. It just really bugs me when people try using a previous Zelda game to try to contradict another one because of a theory they believe and try to state it as fact.

Mthegreat

Long Time, No See.
i personally think that ganondorf is more significant to any of the other bosses ive seen in the series.
Now, if they were to make a series off of ghirahim, i would be quite happy for Nintendo to stray from the norm ganon in each game (or at least the reference).

arkvoodle

Diabolical
My simple answer is i'm not sure.

You see, Ghirahim is most likely only going to appear in this game, so he wouldnt have the same influence as ganondorf villain-wise.
Though, it is possible that Ghirahim is what inspired the evils of hyrule to do so, such as Ganondorf, who I *think* is going to appear in this game, but as a child.

Ghirahim may change some things about the series, but it won't be enough to make a huge difference. Though possibly, future villains could take a leaf out of his book of fabulousness. Then he would make sort of an impact. :P

R

Rauru

The Timeline has existed ever since the Adventure of Link, there is nothing to denote that it was ever scrapped. The only time there was confusion was when The Wind Waker came out, and then nintendo explained that it is an alternate reality created due to Ocarina of Time.

We must take what Nintendo say as correct.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Sounds like you're theorizing. And not enough proof, just assumptions. Like I said before, The Legend of Zelda has no real timeline. Just because they throw easter eggs and reference older games means nothing. Why not connect it to Mario and every other game Link appeared in, or try making a timeline for Super Mario. There is no timeline and it was never intended, until it got popular Nintendo flat out lied to our faces to make the games more interesting and sell more. They liked the attention, that's all.

Theorizing? I don't theorize. I'm stating what was in the games, especially with The Wind Waker. And with the "timeline" thing, that's actually not entirely correct. About half the games are officially connected into a canon. The others are unofficial, but the first four games do only have one place they can go. I'm not gonna get into that, though. The point is, there is a "timeline", it's just not able to be completely connected properly.

No we're not fighting, just having an argument. Nothing personal, not trying to be an a**. It's just one of those non-serious arguments for fun. At least that's how I'm taking it.

Nintendo doesn't just sit around and try to mess with our heads. They don't care too much about the "timeline", but that doesn't mean that certain games don't connect. The Wind Waker is a sequel to the time Link left behind in Ocarina of Time. Majora's Mask takes place soon after the end of Ocarina of Time in the time Link came back to. Twilight Princess comes some amount of generations after Majora's Mask. The DS games are sequels to The Wind Waker. A Link to the Past was a prequel to the original two games. How can you say that these games don't connect? They're stated to, and have direct connections, not just little easter eggs.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I think it would be very interesting if they did make another Legend of Zelda series where Ghirahim was the main boss I would love that

He seems like a one-time villain just by looking at him. But I also can say with certainty that he won't come back, as I'm 100% sure he's a "dark interloper", so he'll be sealed away at the end of the game.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
He seems like a one-time villain just by looking at him. But I also can say with certainty that he won't come back, as I'm 100% sure he's a "dark interloper", so he'll be sealed away at the end of the game.
I sort off agree with you but I could see something like he being a bad guy in this game and due to its events his plan is thwarted but he finds out about many hylian legends such as the triforce. Then in a sequel he and his followers (who could be the dark interlopers) plan to try and take the triforce as seen in Lanayru's vision in TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom