• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahaim Sword Theory Busted?

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
*SPOILERS FROM NINTENDO WII U BATTLE QUEST
Although Battle quest may not neccacarily be a legitmate Zelda instalment, it is a game designed by Nintendo, the game contains no real storyline, and therefore there is no reason to consider it Canon, or persay, not-canon, similer to Links Cross-Bow Training, however strangly enough the boss is Ganon, and he has two tridents... Wich seems contridictaory to the believe Ganons trident is Ghirahaim, because two would mean two seperate entities, and why would Nintendo, the creator of Zelda add something like this? Do you think Nintendo is dispelling the theory, or is it just a mere mistake?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Ganon's Trident is Ghirahim? :? This is the first time I've ever heard of that. That's just ridiculous.

SPOILERS:
Ghirahim became the "Anti Master Sword" that Demise used. He basically ceased to exist at that point. Plus, that sword disappeared when Link sealed Demise inside the Master Sword, so Ghirahim couldn't possibly return. There's no way Ganon's Trident could possibly be Ghirahim.

I don't know where you heard that theory, but it's ridiculous and completely non-canon. I wouldn't worry about it.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Theorys are theorys, and therefore by defanition not Canon, but since he is considered the anti master sword people would think Ganon would also have it, and considering the similarity in colour and identicle gem many people thought they were one and the same, i'm quite suprised you havent heard of it before.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Regardless of whether or not I've heard of it, and regardless of whether or not it's canon, it's still a theory, and it's still ridiculous. Ganon is not Demise, so there is no reason for Ganon to have the Anti Master Sword.

Wich seems contridictaory to the believe Ganons trident is Ghirahaim, because two would mean two seperate entities, and why would Nintendo, the creator of Zelda add something like this?

It is not Nintendo's job to please some random fan's theory. Besides, it's not as if this theory that Ghirahim is Ganon's Trident is canon. If it were, Nintendo would've at least hinted at it. Nintendo has no reason not to do things that aren't in compliance with some wild theory.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Why would you not think Ganon is Demise???

Because Ganon isn't Demise. At the most, Ganon is just a reincarnation of Demise's hatred, not Demise himself. Ergo, not the same person. Demise even said in-game that the reincarnation would be of his hatred and not of himself, further supporting this.

However, that is off-topic, so it shouldn't be discussed on this thread.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Battle Quest is 100% non-canon. Just because it was developed by "Nintendo" doesn't mean it was developed by "Nintendo EAD Software Development Group No. 3", those in charge of the Zelda franchise (and in fact it wasn't). So instead of looking at BQ, look at OoT, in which Ganon also has two Trident/daggers. I don't believe that has much impact on the Ghirahim-Trident theory though.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
It is not Nintendo's job to please some random fan's theory. Besides, it's not as if this theory that Ghirahim is Ganon's Trident is canon. If it were, Nintendo would've at least hinted at it. Nintendo has no reason not to do things that aren't in compliance with some wild theory.

It kind of is hinted at. The design of Demise's sword and the design of the Trident of Power are very similar. I liked this theory the first time I heard it and still like it now and wished they elaborated on this concept.

But I don't think that the Battle Quest should be considered at all for any theories.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Ganon seems to like tridents, it's his weapon of choice in more than one game, so I don't think a connection to Ghirahim is very well founded

The only thing I am going to point out is that battle quest is in no way shape or form canon. Another thing is that Ghirahim is inside the master sword along with Demise, thought I would point that out.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
The only thing I am going to point out is that battle quest is in no way shape or form canon. Another thing is that Ghirahim is inside the master sword along with Demise, thought I would point that out.

Wait, where did you take that from?

Wait, where did you take that from?

HH: "After a fierce fight, Link vanquished Demise. His existence was exterminated and his hatred was sealed in the Master Sword. The fear of the demons was finally erased from the surface." Key work is "Demons". plus when at the end of SS when Demise sword vanishes he looks at his arm as if he absorbed Ghirahim to stay alive longer to speak to Link. Then when Demise turned to dust it get absorbed into the :mastersword:

Demise is the original King of Darkness and Ghirahim is a black weapon with a red gem on the hilt. I think it's pretty obvious Ghirahim is the Trident. Just... retconned as a sword, I guess.

A red gem? Oh goodness, me.

Did you also know that Link's eyes are blue? And the sky is also blue! Isn't it?! Maybe Link is secretly the virgin child of the atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom