• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Getting to Ride on Epona on MM?

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
How did this happen? In OoT, you didn't get to ride on Epona as a child but an Adult. In MM, you get to ride her as a child! How confusing!

Maybe when Link told Zelda that he was leaving Hyrule, she ordered Lon Lon Ranch to give Link a horse, therefore he got Epona as a kid.

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
Maybe when Link told Zelda that he was leaving Hyrule, she ordered Lon Lon Ranch to give Link a horse, therefore he got Epona as a kid.

Thats a possibility. Or maybe as a kid, he goes to lon lon ranch, befriends Malon again, and "learns" to ride a horse. He knew Epona's song allready so the horse naturally liked him. So eventually over a long period of time, Malon gives link the horse.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What I think is that throughout his time as the Hero of Time, Link became battle hardened even when going back in time. You see it in his ability to remember whatever transpired 'all those years in the future', his ability to wield so many different items without having prior experience with them (seriously, I probably wouldn't have been able to use the Hookshot at first glance!), and whatever it was that he did. I'm sure Link would remember how to ride a horse, and given that Epona (young OoT/MM) is as small as he is, there would be no issues.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Termina and Hyrule are parallel worlds, so somehow Link was able to mount Epona there with greater ease, because Terminian rules of physics--if you want to call it that--are diifferent.

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
Maybe since Link left Hyrule, Malon gave Link Epona, and then he went to Termina. And Link has a different sword and shield in this game, so he must of gotten stronger, so now he can carry a big shield and just carry a sword too.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
My best idea is after the events of OoT Link went to Lon Lon Ranch and I guess then he was able to taim Epona with Epona's Song and after awhile she gave it to him. Or maybe he just played the song and she ran to him and he ran away with her :)
It's hard to tell because I don't think Nintendo really cared too much about creating a story about how he got Epona. No matter what Nintendo had to fit Epona in MM so I guess they just added her in without a back story like they do a lot sometimes.

I think that if Epona were big enough to carry a 10-year-old in OoT Malon would have been fine with "Fairy Boy" riding the little horse, but she's just too small to carry a rider yet. MM takes place at least a few months after the child part of OoT because Epona has grown some, she's now taller than Link is, making her strong enough to carry a kid.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Termina and Hyrule are parallel worlds, so somehow Link was able to mount Epona there with greater ease, because Terminian rules of physics--if you want to call it that--are diifferent.

I wouldn't really want to say that. Link was already riding Epona while he was in Hyrule, mainly The Lost Woods, searching for his friend, so I wouldn't go with those physics.

Now, as far as Link getting on Epona, I'd imagine that Link would, in the while that he was back in his time, try to finish off all the monsters, perhaps assist the Kingdom of Hyrule with the monsters that explore the land, so on and so forth, increasing Link's strength tenfold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom