• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Getting to Know The Villain

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
To have a believable threat and danger in Zelda games they need to have a good Villain. Now there are a number of different aspects that make a good Villain and each Villain is unique in their own way. The Zelda series has really developed over the years and so has the main Villain, we have went from barely knowing Ganon in the original LoZ to having the likes of Ghirahim who acted as a rival.

On the one hand getting to know the Villain more will give us better a view on the narrative in the game, it will give us a better insight personally on to who actually is that specific Villain. One of the main pluses I think of Ghirahim is that he acted as Links rival throughout the events of Skyward Sword. We got to know him pretty well and we seen his character devolop as we progressed. At the start he taunted Link and never seen him as a notable threat however he got more and more annoyed with Link, to the point that he got very angry. This sort of character development really had an impact on the game and in a way it made us feel as we were getting stronger.

So what I want to know is that would you like to see this trend continuing in future Zelda games? Maybe we could get to know the origins and generally more about the Villain, even giving them more dialogue. Or would you like the main Villain to stay pretty much anonymous?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Definitely continue this trend. This doesn't necessarily mean to continue giving us the origins of the villain - I don't want your life story or any of that crap - but do tell us where they're coming from. I need reason for your destroying the world, and it can't be "oh...because I can." :)

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I don't think an in-depth analysis of a villain is necessary. We should learn enough by their actions and one-liners. The only villain who needs a desperate deepening is Ganondorf. He has been with us for so long, but we still haven't learned a decent amount of him. I just want him to have a deeper character. He's got just three lines of motivation in WW, but that's about it. I really want a deeper story for our main villain. It's just surprising that he hasn't had a real story until now.

I enjoyed Ghirahim's portrayal very much, so I would like to see a repeat of that (in fact I want him to return). However, I don't mind the mysterious, intimidating type of villain like Zant, who we learn more about as we progress, just more subtly and less frequently than Ghirahim. Also, I do enjoy the threat of a villain that you know is there but you don't face until the endgame, like Ganon, Demise, etc. Ganondorf already has a pretty deep backstory and exhibit of personality from his appearances in TP and WW, but a little bit more of character elaboration would make him just perfect.

Yes. Don't give us another TP Ganondorf, where the first time you meet him is in the final battle. Give us a villain that Link meets many times throughout his quest, so that we can get to know the villain better. Also, it would be more epic if Link had very personal connections with the villain, it would just make the battles/storyline more emotional and much more possibility for character development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom