• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Getting ready to storm the castle! What one item should I have a lot of?!

Wish me luck Led Zeldians!!!

I've got 100 shrines done, the master sword, and savage beast armor, and guardian shield. What one other item should I have a plethora of?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
One item? I can recommend a handful.

Food--preferably food that boosts attack, defense, and stamina. If your armor isn't up to snuff, some of the enemies (Ganon included) will hit you hard. Compensating with temporary buffs might make the difference between life and death. The stamina boosts will make it easier to bypass the dozens of Guardians patrolling the area and allow you to cut some infiltration time off by scaling walls directly.

Like Azure said, come stocked with shields and Ancient Arrows. Ancient Arrows will make quick work of Guardians, but keeping a supply of shields will allow you to parry their attacks for an easy kill (it's a tricky thing to time, but try parrying a split second after a Guardian's eye flashes blue).

Fairies are also a must. They spawn next to Great Fairy fountains, and if you're in sneak mode, you can grab them without worrying about movement speed. Think of them as extra insurance in case of a fatal blow.

Sadly, I'm washed up. Trying to upgrade my armor as much as possible. Is giving 10,000 rupees to the last fairy worth it?!!

That shrine of golfing that ball with the sword into the hole is probably gonna be my demise. I can't beat it.

Trying to decide between springing for the ancient armor or upgrading the skull armor.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Sadly, I'm washed up. Trying to upgrade my armor as much as possible. Is giving 10,000 rupees to the last fairy worth it?!!
Absolutely. I have a max of 88 defense because of the Great Fairies. Money is no object if you've been collecting ore. I've literally gotten 30,000 rupees at once selling all my ore after letting them build up for a while. Keep in mind this was from 70+ ambers, 21 of ruby and sapphire each, a lot of topaz and opal, and like 11 diamonds. Selling your ore to Beedle is the easiest way to make tons of money.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

That shrine of golfing that ball with the sword into the hole is probably gonna be my demise. I can't beat it.

Trying to decide between springing for the ancient armor or upgrading the skull armor.

Worth it, but not necessary. I discovered three Fairy Fountains by the time I put my boot to Ganon's face, but I was able to tank a reasonable amount of damage.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
a78f03ca234170cf0a62fc1e4d63fec6f8edc82eee42cda4c0b492b062cc49f8.jpg

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Food I guess. Also idk how effective the guardian shield will be, it can only withstand one blast from guardians. I would suggest getting a metal shield that doesnt burn like a knights shield so you can at least switch between the two. That's my advice.

The Ancient Shield is a must here. If you fail to parry the Guardian's blasts, this one auto reflects them back. So try and get a few if you can, since they act as insurance against any unwanted Guardian battles.

Also try and have your four magic spells charged. Mipha's Grace and Daruk's Protection are incredibly useful in this dungeon, with the latter providing three Guardian/Calamity Ganon counters that require no timing at all and the former being yet another Fairy equivalent in a game where having even one is a godsend.

Shields. Definitely Shields. Especially if you're like me and bad at deflecting guardian beams. I didn't have the cash for an ancient shield because I'd just paid off the 10k great fairy of greed, so I went in with a bunch of knight shields, only managed to deflect a couple beams, had ganon to a sliver of health, and broke my last one. XD

Then I realized that random weapons were spawning all over the place and that last shield I picked up off the ground did him in.

Especially if you're like me and bad at deflecting guardian beams.
You need to deflect those one shot death guardian beams? I've beaten a few mobile guardians and didn't perfect block their beams at all. I beat them in other ways. I guess I should practice that, it might come in handy.

You need to deflect those one shot death guardian beams? I've beaten a few mobile guardians and didn't perfect block their beams at all. I beat them in other ways. I guess I should practice that, it might come in handy.

Let's just say Ganon has a new fashion statement...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom