• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Getting Over People

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This thread is about getting over people in terms of a relationship or an attachment. I know that there are something people who may have not had a relationship, so this can also apply to males/female's that you have been attracted to or "liked".

Some say that getting over someone can be hard, I never really believed this notion until it happened to me about a year back and it still pops up now. It's frustrating at times and it can be a mental obstacle that can just stay there, without any remedy to get over it. Don't get me wrong, most of the time I can easily overcome past partners, that's just due to my casual relationships, but I know the pain of trying to "get over someone".

Since this was on my mind today, I thought I'd ask you guys; how hard do you find it to get over people, whether it be an ex-partner or a love interest?

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
See, if problems are impending, a friend said to do one thing: **** 'em and leave em. The notion itself is a horrible one and I do not support that crap at all, but what it basically is saying is "get what you're looking for and get the H outta there." Try to make peace for a short term, so when you DO get in the situation where your boygirlfriend leaves you, you aren't 100% dissatisfied. :)

What I personally do is...well I listen to music yadig. And I talk to other girls to block the girl I originally liked out. Out of sight, out of mind. :)

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I love all these threads JC!

Personally, I have mixed experiences of getting over people depending on what my relationship was with them at the time. For example, my ex boyfriend who I was friends with for a long time first. Given that, I would have thought it would be hard for me to get over him because of the history and whatever, and the fact it made it awkward for our mutual friends at first, but in reality I got over him really fast. My rebound was within a week, haha, and then after that I was like 'whatever', he treated me badly anyway so I felt it was no great loss. I found the period between us fighting and actually breaking up was worse than the break up itself, and I think maybe I mainly got over him during that time rather than when it was officially over.

On the other hand, I was in love with this guy for over a year and although we never got together because he didn't like me in return, it took me a really long time to get over him. I don't even know why. Even now, I always find myself bringing him up to my friends if we're talking about guys and whatever. And I always compare new guys that come along to him even though I don't mean to and in reality he was an *******, but I think even though I would say I'm over him now, there will always be something there for me, something holding me to the memory of how I felt about him. I know what you mean about it being a mental block because to be honest I feel the same- I get so frustrated with myself for even still having him pop into my thoughts every now and then because the entire thing is so irrelevant.

Overall though, I would say that once I have mentally moved on from someone, I will never go back to feeling that way about a person. That accounts for both of the guys I mentioned here- I may still have a nostalgia about the latter guy, and I may miss the friendship of the first guy, but I've moved on and I don't turn back on things like that. Once my feelings are gone, they are pretty much cut dead.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
There has really only been one time. There was this girl I liked. Turned out she liked me back. So we talked a lot, but then one day she flat out said, 'I really dont like you anymore...'

To be honest, it wasnt exactly that hard to get over her. My friends were just like, 'Man **** her. She was a twig anyway. I dont see why you liked her.' Then i thought about it, and I realized that they were completely right. After that, I found someone new. She was more my type than the last one. Everything went better than expected.

Well, after two years I still have lingering feelings for a girl at my school who I never even dated. It also sometimes takes me months to get over girls that I've never even talked to...

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
for me it depends on how committed i am. my last two relationships, i was over them almost before the relationships started, but there are two girls i've been emotionally attached to for about two years now. for a certain period of time i can forget they exist until one of them texts me, or i see the other around the downtown area of tacoma, WA. i'm not sure on how to deal with it myself though.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
for me it's either really hard to get over someone or it's incredibly easy.
if i really liked a person though and through but they hurt me? i can get over it pretty quickly. That's because how could it work out or how could it go any further it they could just hurt me like that with no remorse?? so I just tell my self that they need to hit the brick any ways!
but if i liked them and they didn't hurt me or anything like that but i was just simply not there type? it takes me a little bit to understand, i blame my self at first but then i just remainder my self that it's ok it isn't me. as weird as that sounds lol. i guess i mean to say it's nothing personal or anything i'm just not what they want lol.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
When I broke up with my gf, I was absolutely devastated. I couldn't think straight, I cried for 3 hours straight 5 mornings in a row. It was insane, I cried all the time. It took me roughly 3 months to really move on and get over her. Now and then I think of when we were together, and there are happy memories as well as sad memories, but I'm over her now. It was really hard during it, but now it's like meh, not a big deal anymore. But who knows maybe it'll happen again and I'll be absolutely devastated again. :I

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom