• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Getting Made Fun of for Zelda

AgentPerry

Hoo hoo hoo!
*sigh* Yes, yes I sadly have. Mostly because of all of my classmates heavily appreciating Sony and Microsoft and never Nintendo. :dry:

Hmm I just notice theres a thread about this here's the Link http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?19086-Getting-Made-Fun-of-for-Zelda&highlight=Made+playing+Zelda sorry for being late

Thanks. Been merged.

As for the topic.....not really. When I was still in high school, most of the people I was friends with did still delve into the gaming world, at lot more than most parents might think. Most did dive into Zelda as well, so for the most, it was cool with them.

Parents.....eh, rather more annoyed I spend more time on the computer then I used to. Sister finds it pretty funny though, so I guess there has to be at least one critic. :\

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Nintendo has Star Fox (Playing at the minute), Earthbound (I am in the middle of Mother 3, but not playing it this moment), Mario, Kid Icarus and of course, Zelda and so many more, but is totally underappreciated at my school. Luckily, 10 of us are fanboys and enjoy Pokemon, Mario and etc.

And people at my school hate the 3DS because it gives you bad eyesight. I am chill though, I see everything in 3D now XD

I cannot believe the losers who make fun of people like that. I only have a wii so my friends would make fun of me, but i do not talk about video games with them. so i am excited wii U will have more htird party stuff. My friends always make fun of the wii. and it DOES hurt.

Im very sad to hear your friends make fun of the Wii mate and it hurts you.

Just because you do nor follow what consoles they have if they have any its just so wrong to really give a person such a terribly hard time because people have aWii.
Its almost like a form of bullying.

Kids can be cruel like this without realising the effect it has on people.

I never have had a X box,or any Playstation console and ill never get them unless i decide to.

Get what consoles you want and what games you want never let anyone make you get a game or console they want you to get mate.
Do what makes you happy.

all the students in my class hate anybody who plays nintendo and stuff. i'm even being hit for playing zelda. just one kid spread the rumor of me liking zelda and now i'm the class loser

They actually hate people who like Nintendo that is just taking things far to far mate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You like Zelda and good for you.
I suppose because its not a cool game with loads of blood,cursing, its not an online game they think you deserve this terrible treatment.
Well mate you sure do not deserve this to happen to you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you told your teachers and your parents about this bullying and thats what it is.
I really hope this stops and ill be thinking of you and others on the site who have been suffering all over a computer game pthers think is not cool.
I bet if they got bullied like this they would not do it to you or others.

Last edited:
I

Idunnomyname

A lot of my friends are Zelda fans. I've recently been a bit obsessed with the series, but after drawing a (IMO) very good picture of OOT Link, I've been calmed down a
bit. Anyway, yeah I love the Zelda series, but at the same time, I enjoy FPS games like CoD and open world games like inFAMOUS. Play the games you want to, and
don't give a crap about what other people say about it.

C

chicken storm

no one has made fun of me for playing zelda. and most people who make fun of zelda think that it's a kiddie game and that all nintendo does is make games for kids. they think they are better than us because they play halo and call of duty all day. Think of people like me who play pokemon. We get made fun of because there isn't any blood or guns. but don't go bashing CoD or halo players. i know some pretty nice people who barely bash anything (besides barney)

When I was at school, just talking about A game made others laughed at you. there were only a handfull of people who wanted to talk about games,Zelda included, the rest all talked about nothing but sex non-stop, which really annoyed me.

Last edited:
no one has made fun of me for playing zelda. and most people who make fun of zelda think that it's a kiddie game and that all nintendo does is make games for kids. they think they are better than us because they play halo and call of duty all day. Think of people like me who play pokemon. We get made fun of because there isn't any blood or guns. but don't go bashing CoD or halo players. i know some pretty nice people who barely bash anything (besides barney)

Its so wrong that people get made fin of because they like a certain game or type of games.
No one is better or worse because the play Halo or a Zelda game.
Everyone is allowed to like whatever type of games they like be it games with blood or games without blood.

Be very boring if there was just one type of game think how bad it would be if that was the case.
People should just enjoy the games they play and not waste energy on physically abusing others over something so trivial.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I haven't been made fun of for playing Zelda recently, I'm a sophomore so everyone in the high school respects my opinion. Before I was a sophomore though, everyone would call me gay for liking Zelda and they would call Zelda gay. I laughed and agreed with them; I was a pretty happy guy and Zelda is a happy series after all...

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
*sigh* Yes, yes I sadly have. Mostly because of all of my classmates heavily appreciating Sony and Microsoft and never Nintendo. :dry:

If they appreciate Sony and Microsoft so much, then they should appreciate Nintendo. First of all, without Nintendo, we would not have the PlayStation. They were originally working on an add-on for the SNES, but Nintendo collapsed the project, and Sony just took it and made their own stand-alone version, the PlayStation.
And, of course, if it wasn't for Nintendo and Sony's strong hold in the gaming market, Microsoft would not have joined in to create the Xbox.

To the original question, no, I haven't really been made fun of for playing Zelda. I've noticed it's a matter of playing Nintendo in general that people like to make fun of. However, Nintendo is the one who created many forms of technology that other systems try to popularize (the Wii motion sensor in comparison to the PlayStation Move and the Kinect). Of course, they say that Nintendo games are 'kiddie games,' but in truth, Nintendo is unique in that its modern systems have games to appeal to all different demographics, not just kids.

Of course, after tirelessly listening to people bashing Nintendo, I've kind of moved more toward people who do play Nintendo games, as well, whether alone or, like me, in conjunction with other system's games. I have nothing against any game system, and really find it childish to judge someone based on their gaming preferences. So I guess just laugh it off, and tell them to thank Nintendo for most of the modern games.

A

Andyjoe

I'm made fun of more for liking Nintendo than I am for liking Zelda.

Nayrulinkx

Japanese Wannabe
I haven't been made fun of liking Zelda, it stoped last year. My best freind and I tortured the school to get the manga, and eventually the got all of them, (excluding The Wind Waker Log Book) and then a few classes were just in love with (the manga, and some even the series itself) Zelda!

S

Spirit Tracks

yea, my school is 2 grades, 11 or 9 classes so a few ought to like zelda, or else ill be a loner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Nobody has ever made fun of me for liking zelda. I play all sorts of violent shooters as well like Gears of war, Modern warfare, Bulletstorm, so somebody like the call of duty guy could not use that against me. If he were to decide to press the matter further, he would probably recieve a good old beating. And that is what all haters deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom